Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I think that’s your medical records.

I will 100% confirm for you but it won’t be for a few days as we are not getting anymore vaccine until Friday. The hubs may well have enough people and resources to load it the same day. We have 4 people calling the dont shows and ringing for new appointments if it becomes apparent we have vaccine left. On Friday we had 600 doses and administered exactly 600 doses. The hubs I assume are different as they operate 7 days a week, but I can’t be certain as I haven’t worked one just the central surgeries.

Did I read somewhere that the actual available vaccine doses are classified 'Secret'.

My suspicion is that at present we are indeed supply (not staff) limited given the hit and miss availability we hear.

Any rumours WBB ?

Edited by Yellow Fever

19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

National

22195 - 592

Local

image.png.f8a5dbaab1fde0a06f9c6752eb68bd97.png

image.png.025bcb54499fb32e6a8c6a5d4f00a2a9.png

image.thumb.png.6add488012ff2f4dc86b5f645513c41a.png

image.png.004cef18c4494d32f99bf276bfcad5b5.png

Quite clearly over the hump now, hospitalisations falling quite rapidly.

Vax numbers showing weekend effect and will again tomorrow.

Those national figures for daily deaths and positives seem very low, even for a Monday, will be interesting to  wait for the next couple days stats when of course weekend lag figures are  caught up, which will give us a better idea of the rate of decrease  overall.

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Those national figures for daily deaths and positives seem very low, even for a Monday, will be interesting to  wait for the next couple days stats when of course weekend lag figures are  caught up, which will give us a better idea of the rate of decrease  overall.

Last monday was 599 and the monday before 529.

I think we are quite clearly at the peak but we may see high numbers for the next few days.

Last  weeks Tues and Wed figures were,  1610 and 1820

30 minutes ago, ricardo said:

National

22195 - 592

Local

image.png.f8a5dbaab1fde0a06f9c6752eb68bd97.png

image.png.025bcb54499fb32e6a8c6a5d4f00a2a9.png

image.thumb.png.6add488012ff2f4dc86b5f645513c41a.png

image.png.004cef18c4494d32f99bf276bfcad5b5.png

Quite clearly over the hump now, hospitalisations falling quite rapidly.

Vax numbers showing weekend effect and will again tomorrow.

image.thumb.png.d8abc4727a01c3b9bc4984fdc0b6fac6.png

Just a heads up to people but I just came quite close to falling for a fake email invitation for the vaccine. Looked very real and although I was surprised to receive it, as I have quite severe asthma I nearly went along with it until it started asking questions regarding mother’s maiden name. Seems there are fraudsters trying to get personal information 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JF said:

Just a heads up to people but I just came quite close to falling for a fake email invitation for the vaccine. Looked very real and although I was surprised to receive it, as I have quite severe asthma I nearly went along with it until it started asking questions regarding mother’s maiden name. Seems there are fraudsters trying to get personal information 

There is no depth to which those conts will not stoop. Fair play to  you Jayeffo  for sussing  them. It's a shame that theyll probably never get  caught.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Did I read somewhere that the actual available vaccine doses are classified 'Secret'.

My suspicion is that at present we are indeed supply (not staff) limited given the hit and miss availability we hear.

Any rumours WBB ?

When I saw the vaccine minister on TV last Monday he said it's supply of vaccine that is the constraint so I think you're spot on.  We now have the full 50 mass vaccine centres open (reported on breakfast TV this morning that the last ones are open) so we should be at the full planned capacity this week, it will be interesting to see the number of vaccines that go through later in the week after getting close to 500k/day last week (which I thought was hugely optimistic when it was announced as the aim early in the month).

I think they're keeping the supply of doses under wraps to stop suppliers coming under pressure from different countries, as with PPE it's a finite resource that absolutely everyone wants around the world, so we have to be realistic, it could get a bit unpleasant.

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Any rumours WBB ?

They are opening up these places all over the place, and the bigger places seem to have a constant supply of vaccine.
I can only tell you from my own experience that where I help we now have it down to a tee. The first week we could get 300 then 500 done over 12 hours with people queueing for up to twenty minutes. We can now issue 600 doses over 10 hours and within that time have two lots of 1/2 hour where no appointments are booked in. Although twice as many doses in a quicker time we rarely have a queue for more than 5 minutes. Technically therefore over 2 weeks working 10 hours a day and Monday to Friday we could administer 6000 doses, but this week we are having a delivery of 400 which will be administered between 10 and 4 on one day next week, so that will cover the same 2 week period.

Read into that what you want as I don’t know, but it could be lots of availability but going to the larger sites, it could be that we have vaccinated most of group 4 and would soon be moving to group 5 so vaccine deliveries are to areas that haven’t. I would guess based on our strategy that if there was enough vaccine we could have everybody vaccinated in weeks with all the availability to vaccinate. But again I can only base that around here, we have so many volunteers postings from the site are filled really quickly ( priority to regular volunteers ) I really don’t know what the volunteer situation is down South.

This is a personal opinion as well but I do wonder if when our strategy became group 4 by 15/2 ect anybody bothered to look at how many were in each area for distribution as it does seem weird how the further North you go the better the figures but in defence of that it maybe that the North had far more in group 4 and received far more vaccine.

18 minutes ago, JF said:

Brilliant for flagging this up, but also in reverse if you get a call asking you if you can go to x to be vaccinated in the next hour that could also be correct ( it will often come from your own surgery ). Because vaccine must not be wasted this happens regular. If you are suspicious phone them to confirm you were just called, but usual rules apply do not give out the usual list of dont dos, you will definitely not have to pay and only normal data protections will be asked.

11 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

When I saw the vaccine minister on TV last Monday he said it's supply of vaccine that is the constraint so I think you're spot on.  We now have the full 50 mass vaccine centres open (reported on breakfast TV this morning that the last ones are open) so we should be at the full planned capacity this week, it will be interesting to see the number of vaccines that go through later in the week after getting close to 500k/day last week (which I thought was hugely optimistic when it was announced as the aim early in the month).

I think they're keeping the supply of doses under wraps to stop suppliers coming under pressure from different countries, as with PPE it's a finite resource that absolutely everyone wants around the world, so we have to be realistic, it could get a bit unpleasant.

Hi CF

Especially Oxford I think is manufactured in each country. I believe the secrecy of where it is delivered is more security a package of Pfizer, AstraZeneca will contain 900 doses. Nick one of those and I suspect you would raise a quick £90k at a £100 a dose although you can’t refreeze Pfizer.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi CF

Especially Oxford I think is manufactured in each country. I believe the secrecy of where it is delivered is more security a package of Pfizer, AstraZeneca will contain 900 doses. Nick one of those and I suspect you would raise a quick £90k at a £100 a dose although you can’t refreeze Pfizer.

Good point.  So is our Oxford supply all UK manufactured ?  I had a feeling we were still importing some as well. 

7 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Good point.  So is our Oxford supply all UK manufactured ?  I had a feeling we were still importing some as well. 

I’d like to know the answer to that too. 

1 minute ago, It's Character Forming said:

I am not sure, I will follow up.
Wrexham is capable of 2 million doses a week ( alledgedly ) but our first doses came from the Netherlands plant. We must be getting some if not most from Wrexham as if you remember a couple of weeks ago they were worried about it being disrupted in the floods. 
I should also point out anyone thinking of nicking any think again, it’s well guarded and every drop and phial is accounted for, and I would hazard a guess a judge would make an extreme example of you.

• Like 1

@It's Character Forming @Van wink

This was the initial plan, but even with Pfizer we seem to have more vaccine than we can produce so I will look further for you probably tomorrow. It won’t paste for some reason so please take my word.

The U.K. vaccine task force said the first doses will be manufactured in Europe.

The initial supply is a bit of a quirk but will be manufactured in Germany and The Netherlands.

Once that is supplied then the manufacture will come from the U.K.

’ 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I am not sure, I will follow up.
Wrexham is capable of 2 million doses a week ( alledgedly ) but our first doses came from the Netherlands plant. We must be getting some if not most from Wrexham as if you remember a couple of weeks ago they were worried about it being disrupted in the floods. 
I should also point out anyone thinking of nicking any think again, it’s well guarded and every drop and phial is accounted for, and I would hazard a guess a judge would make an extreme example of you.

Yeh........ but don't leave it out...............I'll nick it won't I................. I'm a geezer..............(credit : The Fast Show)

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

They are opening up these places all over the place, and the bigger places seem to have a constant supply of vaccine.
I can only tell you from my own experience that where I help we now have it down to a tee. The first week we could get 300 then 500 done over 12 hours with people queueing for up to twenty minutes. We can now issue 600 doses over 10 hours and within that time have two lots of 1/2 hour where no appointments are booked in. Although twice as many doses in a quicker time we rarely have a queue for more than 5 minutes. Technically therefore over 2 weeks working 10 hours a day and Monday to Friday we could administer 6000 doses, but this week we are having a delivery of 400 which will be administered between 10 and 4 on one day next week, so that will cover the same 2 week period.

Read into that what you want as I don’t know, but it could be lots of availability but going to the larger sites, it could be that we have vaccinated most of group 4 and would soon be moving to group 5 so vaccine deliveries are to areas that haven’t. I would guess based on our strategy that if there was enough vaccine we could have everybody vaccinated in weeks with all the availability to vaccinate. But again I can only base that around here, we have so many volunteers postings from the site are filled really quickly ( priority to regular volunteers ) I really don’t know what the volunteer situation is down South.

This is a personal opinion as well but I do wonder if when our strategy became group 4 by 15/2 ect anybody bothered to look at how many were in each area for distribution as it does seem weird how the further North you go the better the figures but in defence of that it maybe that the North had far more in group 4 and received far more vaccine.

Our local hub ( Southwold ) ran out on Sun, next delivery Thursday 

33 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’d like to know the answer to that too. 

"Yep ours was too, fortunately I was able to get my first jab. " hand crank

on the basis of what, as I’d like to know the answer to that

Just now, CANARYKING said:

Our local hub ( Southwold ) ran out on Sun, next delivery Thursday 

Indeed.

Thats why I think based on the strategy ie ‘ as quick as we can ‘ it has to be supply as otherwise we could have done this in weeks. 
I guess if this is ongoing year after year it will be a bit like flu in we will work out ( guess ) variations, manufacture the new dose in the summer and administer it in weeks with a national effort. Maybe people like me will become like reservists where you work on the vaccination sites for a couple of weeks, with an employer having to release you, but who knows I have no evidence for that just a personal opinion, it may even be the world can wipe it out, but I fear not.

Just now, Bill said:

"Yep ours was too, fortunately I was able to get my first jab. " hand crank

on the basis of what, as I’d like to know the answer to that

There are others that know Bill but you are the last person I would be discussing it with. 

• Like 1

Following on from the supply / if it comes on time, Telford ( a new hub ) booked in over 80’s towards the end of the week, but the vaccine arrived today. Rather than waste it they vaccinated hundreds of healthcare workers carers ect, so there is a pretty good example of how you have to be innovative and how figures could be misleading as they will now be off target on their over 80’s but used as much vaccine ( hope that makes sense ).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Following on from the supply / if it comes on time, Telford ( a new hub ) booked in over 80’s towards the end of the week, but the vaccine arrived today. Rather than waste it they vaccinated hundreds of healthcare workers carers ect, so there is a pretty good example of how you have to be innovative and how figures could be misleading as they will now be off target on their over 80’s but used as much vaccine ( hope that makes sense ).

👍

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Indeed.

Thats why I think based on the strategy ie ‘ as quick as we can ‘ it has to be supply as otherwise we could have done this in weeks. 
I guess if this is ongoing year after year it will be a bit like flu in we will work out ( guess ) variations, manufacture the new dose in the summer and administer it in weeks with a national effort. Maybe people like me will become like reservists where you work on the vaccination sites for a couple of weeks, with an employer having to release you, but who knows I have no evidence for that just a personal opinion, it may even be the world can wipe it out, but I fear not.

Local TV here in Norwich also reporting centres awaiting vaccines. I was doubtful if vaccines were plentiful why last week we were slowing places that were doing well such as Yorkshire. Made no sense.

We know Pfizer and AstraZeneca having supply problems in Europe so maybe linked.

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

There are others that know Bill but you are the last person I would be discussing it with. 

discussion ?

nope

just wondering what category you are in, that allows you a vaccination this early into things

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Local TV here in Norwich also reporting centres awaiting vaccines. I was doubtful if vaccines were plentiful why last week we were slowing places that were doing well such as Yorkshire. Made no sense.

We know Pfizer and AstraZeneca having supply problems in Europe so maybe linked.

Pfizer definitely applies to us as well as Europe and that should have started to improve after Friday. AstraZeneca was definitely the European plants being altered, but you could be right maybe we were getting some extra from there. The guys I work for / help assumed our deliveries were dropping as the deliveries were being prioritised in other areas, but they are only assuming. We clearly have more distribution sites than vaccine so I wonder if their next move will be to close the smaller sites. 

If this means the system has been set up so it can handle even more vaccine than we have, that’s got to be a good thing IMO. The vaccines are the ultimate global resource right now, to waste any would be criminal, we need to be able to get it all used as fast as we can.

I should say credit to everyone involved from the Oxford researchers right through to the people giving the injections and the teams like @Well b back who work in the process, to be getting towards 500k doses per day is just fantastic.

I think it’s probably true in future years there will be an annual vaccine push but I’d guess it will be more like the flu vaccine process, which is done with no fuss, just ramped up a level. 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Pfizer definitely applies to us as well as Europe and that should have started to improve after Friday. AstraZeneca was definitely the European plants being altered, but you could be right maybe we were getting some extra from there. The guys I work for / help assumed our deliveries were dropping as the deliveries were being prioritised in other areas, but they are only assuming. We clearly have more distribution sites than vaccine so I wonder if their next move will be to close the smaller sites. 

It was very slow to get going here, despite the demographic but all of a sudden they are working flat out and started home vaccinations today, presumable they are trying to level things up a bit.

This one is bad news.

California thought they had our variant, but it turns out this is not the same variant and they have their own variant.

Dont be alarmed, usual applies until proved otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It was very slow to get going here, despite the demographic but all of a sudden they are working flat out and started home vaccinations today, presumable they are trying to level things up a bit.

just your category will do

ps remember what you have said about yourself on here previously, so do take your time 😏