Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v West Ham*****

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So we've got two defensive midfielders and two central midfielders on the bench and no space for Roberts.

It can't be tactical. There has to be something else going on here; a reason why Roberts can't get on the bench despite the fact we have no wingers on it.

Farke has never been interested in reputations and makes judgements based on what he sees every day. Perhaps Roberts thought he would walk into the team and has had a bit of a shock. 

We do have cover for a wide player as Aarons is playing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Farke has never been interested in reputations and makes judgements based on what he sees every day. Perhaps Roberts thought he would walk into the team and has had a bit of a shock. 

We do have cover for a wide player as Aarons is playing 

That's what I was thinking. Maybe Roberts hasn't shown the right attitude and is being kept out for that reason like Marcus Edwards was.

Like I said, it can't be tactical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Drmic and Byram can play wide.

But they're not actually wingers. Drmic is a centre forward and Byram is a full back. If either of them play on the wing then it will be a round peg in a square hole and they'll be out of position. 

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I suspect that Hernandez would have been on the bench if not injured.

Roberts has restated the "team is more important than the individual" line this week.

Edited by The Bristol Nest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roberts, like any of our new guys, must learn how we play and be integrated. Although I am surprised he isn’t on the bench as I’m sure Onel would be if he was fit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not going to write Roberts off just yet but i was a little surprised how cocksure he was in interviews, he's played ok when ive seen him but also seems to try to beat his man twice, if you know what i mean. Our system relies on perfect timing of  the pass as, or before the receiving player makes his move. If he can't bring this into his game, then he won't feature too much for us. Possibly as an impact sub if we're chasing a game. This is only from what i've noticed and may of course be a million miles off.

Edited by wcorkcanary
im an idiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roberts like a few others gets a one word answer if he isn't playing...... Crawley.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But they're not actually wingers. Drmic is a centre forward and Byram is a full back. If either of them play on the wing then it will be a round peg in a square hole and they'll be out of position. 

Somewhat. Drmic has played on the wings a lot during his early career and Byram getting moved further forward to go on and have a go at a fullback for 20 mins is hardly Whittaker playing in central midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Somewhat. Drmic has played on the wings a lot during his early career and Byram getting moved further forward to go on and have a go at a fullback for 20 mins is hardly Whittaker playing in central midfield.

Agree, both could do those jobs if needed, we might even be pleasantly surprised if they do. Byram would have attacking intent but with a solid defensive awareness. Drimic will of something different from the left. not as quick but much as Thierry Henry did at Arsenal. Actually would love to see Max and Byram as interchangeable Wideman/fullback, as both can do both jobs well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If zimmermann plays well he’s probably secured his spot in the team for the rest of the season (if he doesnt get injured again)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

If zimmermann plays well he’s probably secured his spot in the team for the rest of the season (if he doesnt get injured again)

He doesn’t have a lot of competition!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, KeiranShikari said:

The times they are a-changing.

Thank god someone got it!

 

Hope it catches on...

Edited by The Bristol Nest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×