Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
king canary

New membership scheme

Recommended Posts

All of a sudden there is this mad clamouring for away tickets.As a season ticket holder I have no more interest in attending away fixtures this season any more than I did last season.The people who should get priority are those that went last season,not just the 750 core (and it looks as if they have) but anyone who took the trouble to travel.As for the rest of the tickets,whether they be for away or casual home matches why not leave it as last season,first come first served.Heavens its only the Prem,what you don't attend you can see on TV,sometimes live or at least an extended recorded highlights.What the hells up with you lot.Last season the club could do no wrong and now because they see a problem and have tried to address it and it doesn't suit some of you all hell lets loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any of the gang of 7 whoever they are read this

1) Will this be an annual £50 even if heaven forbid we get relegated.

2) As this £30 away cap is a Premier League ruling which it agreed to continue in February this year to run for another 3 seasons until 21/22 will NCFC still portray it as their ruling and not take us back to be £40 and sometimes more prices of the Championship ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I find unacceptable is that membership is an open book with no specified limit.

Surely, knowing the goal posts is a major faction deciding whether to rinse £50.

It is quite possible that a £50 membership may not get you in to any games.

I understand that family and distance have stopped me attending many games but I fully accepted being at the back of the queue for tickets. What I don’t think is reasonable is asking £100 for lottery tickets 🎫 for me and the lad. £20/£30 was acceptable or limit membership.

Knock that stupid hotel down. I wonder what Webber would have said has he been here when that decision was made.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

What I find unacceptable is that membership is an open book with no specified limit.

Surely, knowing the goal posts is a major faction deciding whether to rinse £50.

It is quite possible that a £50 membership may not get you in to any games.

I understand that family and distance have stopped me attending many games but I fully accepted being at the back of the queue for tickets. What I don’t think is reasonable is asking £100 for lottery tickets 🎫 for me and the lad. £20/£30 was acceptable or limit membership.

Knock that stupid hotel down. I wonder what Webber would have said has he been here when that decision was made.

 

£200 for our family for the chance of 4 tickets plus ticket costs plus travel. It's off-putting. 

Might get chance of one of the magical casual tickets....which could be like finding a Golden Willy Wonka type ticket?

There is an airline that takes the approach of adding little on-costs to boost the bottom line... I guess the club is simply being business like and doing the same. 

No point in complaining.

It is as it is. Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm still trying to get my head around all of this Dan. So forgive me if this is wrong but on face value it seems the new scheme gives your family the chance, albeit an expensive chance, of jumping the queue. Where as under the previous rules they would have struggled to get anything bar the scraps.

Yes, but I cannot afford to throw £150 out that could potentially go down the Swanee. I've got three kids, so whilst I may intend to go to x,y and z games, I don't know what the future will throw up. I've got three kids and coach a football team for a start. Under the previous regime when we were in the Premier, a season ticket holder could pretty much go to any away game they wanted bar the top clubs. Now I'm going to have to chance my arm and hope that there are still tickets left for Priority 4 (or 5, can't remember) when the games I was planning to attend come around. And again, if I can only get to one or two this season, as was all I managed this year, then paying £150.00 for two matches plus the ticket price does not represent good value even with the £30 cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Knock that stupid hotel down. I wonder what Webber would have said has he been here when that decision was made.

I wonder what he's said about this new ticketing regime. As Sporting Director it's not technically his remit, but I can't imagine it was rolled out without his approval. Very worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, but I cannot afford to throw £150 out that could potentially go down the Swanee. I've got three kids, so whilst I may intend to go to x,y and z games, I don't know what the future will throw up. I've got three kids and coach a football team for a start. Under the previous regime when we were in the Premier, a season ticket holder could pretty much go to any away game they wanted bar the top clubs. Now I'm going to have to chance my arm and hope that there are still tickets left for Priority 4 (or 5, can't remember) when the games I was planning to attend come around. And again, if I can only get to one or two this season, as was all I managed this year, then paying £150.00 for two matches plus the ticket price does not represent good value even with the £30 cap.

The previous system was also flawed. Mainly because it allowed home season ticket holders such an advantage over those who only went to away games.

The ten stubs were better but that was too open to abuse.

I agree that it's too much money. But, if I'm understanding this right, the fact that those who can afford it can jump the queue is my biggest criticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The previous system was also flawed. Mainly because it allowed home season ticket holders such an advantage over those who only went to away games.

The ten stubs were better but that was too open to abuse.

I agree that it's too much money. But, if I'm understanding this right, the fact that those who can afford it can jump the queue is my biggest criticism.

I'd argue the previous system was less flawed than this one- there was a good argument for bringing down the amount of points given to home season ticket holders but not too much else needed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The previous system was also flawed. Mainly because it allowed home season ticket holders such an advantage over those who only went to away games.

The ten stubs were better but that was too open to abuse.

I agree that it's too much money. But, if I'm understanding this right, the fact that those who can afford it can jump the queue is my biggest criticism.

All they needed to do in my view Nutty was give members and season ticket holders parity in the system (i.e. not give St holders a 500 point head start). You could then have priority brackets which related to how many away games people have been to within a defined period and it seems to me it would have been fair and there was no need for all these extra memberships. That though would not have increased revenues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took a risk on the future of my club and invested in the bond scheme

Will now need to use the "bonus" paid out when we achieved promotion to buy back the incentives such as free tickets and membership that came with it but have stopped now that they have repaid the investment without consultation over whether I wanted repaying early or not.

Now that home and away membership is £100,  EPL exec tickets will be £300 a pair and better teams will visit for pre season friendlies they repay and take all those away.

Never knocked the board before but personally I`m feeling cheated, which is not how I want to feel about my club.

Was there when they needed additional money and dumped when the cash came in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'd argue the previous system was less flawed than this one- there was a good argument for bringing down the amount of points given to home season ticket holders but not too much else needed.

Massive flaw though Kingo. And it could be that this system allows more tickets to filter down the priority groups. Just depends how many pay the fifty quid and how often they go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Massive flaw though Kingo. And it could be that this system allows more tickets to filter down the priority groups. Just depends how many pay the fifty quid and how often they go.

It could be but I personally doubt it.

It was also an easily rectified flaw- bring down the points given to season ticket holders, maybe give a bonus 100 points for anyone who made it to 10 away games. 

The only people I can think of who benefit from this new scheme are those who only go to away games but only make it to 3 or 4 a year. Everyone else is forking out more for less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not paying them £50 on principle. The club bleeds me dry enough as it is. We're already sky high on the season ticket pricing table as it is.

It'd be nice if, just for once, a club massively increasing their revenue through promotion allowed some of that to trickle to the fans. Instead it seems to prompt them into trying to squeeze that little bit extra out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, king canary said:

It could be but I personally doubt it.

It was also an easily rectified flaw- bring down the points given to season ticket holders, maybe give a bonus 100 points for anyone who made it to 10 away games. 

The only people I can think of who benefit from this new scheme are those who only go to away games but only make it to 3 or 4 a year. Everyone else is forking out more for less.

That's assuming thousands of people part with fifty quid. Like Dan I'm not going to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The previous system was also flawed. Mainly because it allowed home season ticket holders such an advantage over those who only went to away games.

The ten stubs were better but that was too open to abuse.

I agree that it's too much money. But, if I'm understanding this right, the fact that those who can afford it can jump the queue is my biggest criticism.

Such is life, those that can afford things have more than those that can't. It shouldn't be a surprise

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect the cheaper membership fee will be a complete waste of money because there won’t be enough tickets to meet the demand for the dearer option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Such is life, those that can afford things have more than those that can't. It shouldn't be a surprise

 

Except the things that money can't buy. That's where the real riches lie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's assuming thousands of people part with fifty quid. Like Dan I'm not going to.

I don't think it is a huge assumption, especially as season ticket holders will now need to consider an away membership if they want away tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumpy said:

All of a sudden there is this mad clamouring for away tickets.As a season ticket holder I have no more interest in attending away fixtures this season any more than I did last season.The people who should get priority are those that went last season,not just the 750 core (and it looks as if they have) but anyone who took the trouble to travel.As for the rest of the tickets,whether they be for away or casual home matches why not leave it as last season,first come first served.Heavens its only the Prem,what you don't attend you can see on TV,sometimes live or at least an extended recorded highlights.What the hells up with you lot.Last season the club could do no wrong and now because they see a problem and have tried to address it and it doesn't suit some of you all hell lets loose.

This is exactly what we would expect, and is what makes the whole thing so hard to manage. A massive up shift in demand. As mentioned before the 750 people have an advantage - albeit a £50 one (which does seem a tad unfair) but they will at least get tickets if they are quick enough. The 750 deserve this. (It's a complete guess but I reckon the Club will find a way of repaying this loyalty another day and in another way, maybe free or subsidised travel for a game.) 

We saw this begin last year - culminating with 5000 of us travelling to Wigan. That's demand for you. How many would we have taken if we were mid table? 

Others saying we as fans are being ripped off over the season ticket prices  are just living in cloud cuckoo land.  My season ticket in the Upper Barclay , a terrific footballing position by the way, is still less than £27 per game even in the Prem, and hasn't changed for years. 

Nope, my only gripe is the cap , or lack of, for the memberships , but this is on the supposition that they will sell too many and we wont be able to get away tickets even after spending £50. Then , and only then , would I kick up and ask for the £50 back because it will potentially have been sold under false pretenses. You cant offer an "incentive" which then proves not to be so , it would be a fundamental breach of contract. BUT we don't know that any of this is the case , and we will have to wait and see. If they sold , say 5000 Premier Memberships, in the full knowledge that only 3000 away tickets would only be available then they would get hammered and rightly so. It would be like me selling 50 VIP tickets to come to mine for dinner , knowing I could only allow 20 people in. You cannot hide behind "first come first served" in those circumstances  . It would be unreasonable. 

Liverpool away will be interesting...if they have got this wrong Ben K will have a large telephone bill...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Except the things that money can't buy. That's where the real riches lie.

Indeed NN. but you have to be old enough to realise it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The previous system was also flawed. Mainly because it allowed home season ticket holders such an advantage over those who only went to away games.

The ten stubs were better but that was too open to abuse.

I agree that it's too much money. But, if I'm understanding this right, the fact that those who can afford it can jump the queue is my biggest criticism.

Flawed yes....but at least somebody would still have had to pay £500+ to prove they were a norwich fan in buying a season ticket.

this scheme seemingly allows anybody who supports any club, regardless of how many games they've been to, to pay £50 and if theyre quicker off the mark on the day of the ticket release , they'll get one...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm not paying them £50 on principle. The club bleeds me dry enough as it is. We're already sky high on the season ticket pricing table as it is.

It'd be nice if, just for once, a club massively increasing their revenue through promotion allowed some of that to trickle to the fans. Instead it seems to prompt them into trying to squeeze that little bit extra out of them.

Really?  In the Premier League???  Genuine question as I don't have the time to research it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Really?  In the Premier League???  Genuine question as I don't have the time to research it.

It is a difficult thing to judge. Our cheapest season ticket is more expensive than the equivalent at quite a few Premier League clubs, however there are quite a few available at that price point and we don't know how many of them are available at the cheaper price point for other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Really?  In the Premier League???  Genuine question as I don't have the time to research it.

I'm going to stick my neck out without research and say I doubt it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't think it is a huge assumption, especially as season ticket holders will now need to consider an away membership if they want away tickets.

And this is why there will be no need for a cap. Many will see it as poor value for money. I expect many who only go away very occasionally or maybe not for years will have thought to themselves that it might be nice to see the new stadiums of the big boys. I even contemplated that thought myself. Fifty quid for a lottery ticket soon ended that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ricardo said:

And this is why there will be no need for a cap. Many will see it as poor value for money. I expect many who only go away very occasionally or maybe not for years will have thought to themselves that it might be nice to see the new stadiums of the big boys. I even contemplated that thought myself. Fifty quid for a lottery ticket soon ended that idea.

I don't follow your logic?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, king canary said:

It is a difficult thing to judge. Our cheapest season ticket is more expensive than the equivalent at quite a few Premier League clubs, however there are quite a few available at that price point and we don't know how many of them are available at the cheaper price point for other teams.

At last someone recognises that. Over half our stadium is at the cheapest price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

And this is why there will be no need for a cap. Many will see it as poor value for money. I expect many who only go away very occasionally or maybe not for years will have thought to themselves that it might be nice to see the new stadiums of the big boys. I even contemplated that thought myself. Fifty quid for a lottery ticket soon ended that idea.

So Ricardo here is a question for you. Had they have announced that there would be a 3000 cap (including the now famous 750) would you have spent £50? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×