Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

We've all said we are going to have a bit of a boom. This is not new news or really brexitty.

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

We've all said we are going to have a bit of a boom. This is not new news or really brexitty.

Thanks for clearing that up Herman, I've just told Mrs R to stop ironing the Union Jack.

It's not difficult. When your economy drops so very low it tends to grow much faster as a result when conditions become more hospitable.. Nothing at all follows from a faster growth rate regarding our comparative wealth with other countries.

Now tell us where we would have been economically, if brexit hadn't happened.

Edited by horsefly

9 hours ago, sonyc said:

More reports (Stay European in this instance) on driver shortages because of Brexit. Demonstrating again what the media won't people to believe.

"The haulage industry has been warning for months of coming food shortages caused by Brexit.

There is a shortfall of an estimated 100,000 HGV lorry drivers – most of them Europeans who decided to leave Britain over the last few years, or stopped including the UK on their cross-continental drives.

Yet one look across the continent shows the lie. EU countries have the pandemic, they have apps, they have 'pings', and all the rest. But what they don't have is empty shelves! They still have the cornucopias of fruit and veg that you may have seen posted on social media.

It's only Scotland (not a real country to true Brexiters of course) but nonetheless... 

Scotland.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Thanks for clearing that up Herman, I've just told Mrs R to stop ironing the Union Jack.

Still wanting a Union?

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I've just told Mrs R to stop ironing the Union Jack.

Very wise! She may as well box it up and stick it in the attic, it won't be long until the only flag you will need is the cross of St George.

You only need to bait the swim

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Yeh but he did say Brexit wouldn’t happen 😂

😉

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Have fun kiddies

The first paragraph may have given those of a less enfeebled mind a clue. I have highlighted the important bit.

"The International Monetary Fund sees Britain growing in 2020 at the joint-strongest pace of the G7 group of leading industrialised nations - after a contraction last year that was the worst among them.

Unfortunately, I cannot highlight any comment I made about the IMF - most likely because I didn't.

Bring back Swindle, at least his right wing stupidity was at a predictable level, though this old duffer is at least trying to keep up with him by posting up something that refutes his own bleat.

37 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Here's  another one to play with.

BBC News - Brexit: EU pauses legal action against UK over NI Protocol 'breaches'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57986307

move over Swindle

"It also asked for a standstill period, which would involve pausing the legal action and extending so-called grace periods."

another rightie too dim to read, or perhaps grasp the implications of the full text of a link

11 hours ago, ricardo said:

Here's  another one to play with.

BBC News - Brexit: EU pauses legal action against UK over NI Protocol 'breaches'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57986307

The report does nothing more than show the EU in a good light, attempting to show reason and patience with an errant UK government refusing to abide by the deal that it negotiated, signed up to, and claimed was "fantastic" for the UK. What's there to "play with"? 

Edited by horsefly

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Like Bees to honey🌻

Flies around shi*t would at least be a more accurate description of your contribution. Is this level of childishness the limit of your aspirations? How very sad!

28 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Flies around shi*t would at least be a more accurate description of your contribution. Is this level of childishness the limit of your aspirations? How very sad!

Remember when the bloated buffoon said the EU could 'go whistle' - then agreed to cough up the £39bn, and

"Boris Johnson has backed down and offered to drop the clauses in the Brexit Bill that would break international law, in a bid to break the deadlock in the talks." Dec 2020

"Boris Johnson has moved to dispel fears that Brexit will undermine devolution in the UK after making key concessions to the House of Lords over his “power grab” plans." Dec 2020

And with Johnson holding Mrs Bun the baker as his top card in yet another game of poker with the EU there is little doubt which way this will go

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've been off the forum whist the white pages have been the problem but now I'm back   

Ive tried to entertain them during your absence but they really are a grumpy old lot. 

Its all yours now😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've been off the forum whist the white pages have been the problem but now I'm back   

If only the posts on this subject were still on this thread to be read 🙄

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Ive tried to entertain them during your absence but they really are a grumpy old lot. 

Its all yours now😉

righties in a tussle to see who the thickest is

dementia v demented

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Remouners tend to be a grumpy old lot but who can blame them, they lost !

Remouners ?

Swindle, just as thick as ever

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Remouners tend to be a grumpy old lot but who can blame them, they lost !

The simple fact is we all lost. The EU, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales the UK economy, national unity, trust in government - all were sacrificed on an alter of deceit. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Bring back the white pages!

• Haha 1