Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Where's Northern Ireland?

It's joined Ireland and they've f*cked off to mainland Europe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

I guess you only read the headline...

You think he gets even that far??? Ambitious!

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Talks back on

I thought if there was no deal by the middle of October then that was it?

You don't think that Boris has been lying to us do you? Surely not, it would be so out of character.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You don't think that Boris has been lying to us do you? Surely not, it would be so out of character.

No, Boris wouldn't lie. He rarely lies. He has only been sacked for lying a couple of times, so there is no way he could have been lying to us

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

live picture of us leaving the EU 

Looks like Happisburg has fell in the sea.

6 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Do you have concerns about the UK sovereignty if it becomes a member of the CPTPP?

Depends what the rule are

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Looks like Happisburg has fell in the sea.

Keelansgrandad will be most displeased too

Funny how people are still supporting the man that won an election on a promised oven ready deal. 

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Funny how people are still supporting the man that won an election on a promised oven ready deal. 

or who was part of a campaign committee of an organisation that said it would negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave 

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

or who was part of a campaign committee that said it would negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave 

This too.

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

This too.

Surely not! Boris Johnson writing a load of lies just to advance his career, that can't be true. Just take a look at his past journalistic career and you will see what a fine beacon of truth and honesty .... Oh! perhaps don't do that. But he does like cycling so that's ok.

41 minutes ago, Herman said:

funny how you've given up on him already !

When you read the rubbish spouted by the likes of Swindo you realise that we as a nation we are still like this. We haven't progressed at all.

On Class – Gogwit's Blog

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

When you read the rubbish spouted by the likes of Swindo you realise that we as a nation we are still like this. We haven't progressed at all.

On Class – Gogwit's Blog

The only problem with this sketch is that they had never encountered someone of Swindon's intellectual level. Otherwise there would be someone to the left of wee Ronnie. 

8 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The only problem with this sketch is that they had never encountered someone of Swindon's intellectual level. Otherwise there would be someone to the left of wee Ronnie. 

🤣

Someone of Warwick Davies's size. (No dispespect to Mr Davies who is a funny and intelligent man.)

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

🤣

Someone of Warwick Davies's size. (No dispespect to Mr Davies who is a funny and intelligent man.)

And that would be his downfall, he's funny and intelligent. But then again I'm sure as a highly talented actor he would be capable of playing someone incredibly dumb and submissive to authority.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Come on Herman, you can't deny that the whole Johnson Brexit certainly resembles something that is "oven ready".

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, horsefly said:

nothing to do with Brexit. AGAIN !

14 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

REMAINING IN THE EU FOR NOW !

As NI is part of the UK, which left the EU last January, how does your tiny brain explain that ?

16 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Only someone as stupid as mouse brain would think the comments in the link actually had Remainers at fault for this enormous shtfest

“Not only can Britain leave the European Union and have access to the single market, we’d actually get a better deal”. That was The Telegraph headline Vote Leave endorsed just ten days before the referendum in 2016.

“If we vote to leave then I think the union will be stronger.'” - Michael Gove, May 2016.

''Within minutes of a vote for Brexit the CEO’s of Mercedes, BMW, VW and Audi will be knocking down Chancellor Merkel’s door demanding that there be no barriers to German access to the British market” - David Davis, 2016.

''I have spent the last few days in Washington talking to US Government Trade and Treasury officials encouraging a free trade deal with the UK. Excellent response. They have already started on the procedures to allow negotiations to start immediately once we leave the EU in March. ''  David Davis Nov 2018

"There will be no forms, no checks, no barriers of any kind between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.” - Johnson

in fact more evidence is out today that shows Johnson was lying through his teeth about the above

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/05/fears-of-long-hgv-tailbacks-at-brexit-lorry-park-near-warrington

So why did they lie on such a scale ?

Could it be that not only did they know that they would be dependent upon those whose racism, bigotry and xenophobia were the motivation for their support, but that those voters would need something that suggested their support was based on economic grounds, not sheer bigotry etc

Put out blatant lies and righties will use them to defend their views, as seem in the US. They will never question even the most obvious lie (they need us more......) but will bleat out whatever their betters tell them....unquestioningly.

A belief system that, in it's ignorance, is little different to the fanatics in the Middle East

• Like 1