Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Free trade agreements reduce barriers to trade between two or more countries by reducing or eliminating tariffs and import quotas. Members of such agreements are still able to negotiate separate trade deals with other countries. These agreements are permitted under WTO rules, despite offering preferential access to partner countries and not all WTO members. The UK wants a free trade agreement with the EU, 

Utterly irrelevant to the point being made by the IRHA. As usual you're not capable of understanding and responding to an argument, "reducing or eliminating tariffs and import quotas" has NOTHING to do with their claims about the mayhem that will ensue on Jan1st.

All you have done is cut and paste an irrelevant quote from the following site:

What is a free trade agreement? | UK in a changing Europe (ukandeu.ac.uk)

FFS, I tried very hard to speak nicely to you, to help you understand, but alas your stupidity is clearly terminal.

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Free trade agreements reduce barriers to trade between two or more countries by reducing or eliminating tariffs and import quotas. Members of such agreements are still able to negotiate separate trade deals with other countries. These agreements are permitted under WTO rules, despite offering preferential access to partner countries and not all WTO members. The UK wants a free trade agreement with the EU, 

Dear god, truly you are the thickest of the thick

The word reduce should have told you that you were putting up a quote that actually proves you wrong

But, as said by other on here - you haven't the slightest idea about this

That's why you lie virtually every time

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

neither of which go any way to disproving the evidence that you don't have the slightest idea about any if tis

hence you're consistently posting up irrelevant links

you certainly don't understand the difference between fairly basic concepts as a free trade deal, and membership of the SM/CU

nor why there will be checks at UK birders irrespective of WHATEVER deal is agreed

those checks will involve £4m extra forms per week

let me explain in a way even you might grasp

when you visit your GP the process is made easier by your registration providing you details, medical records etc

what you Brexit numpties have, is that away from being registered, you will be able to roam around the UK, so as to be able to access a quicker and better GP service - that truly is how stupid your delusion is

so if not to us, recognise to yourself that you don't understand this and stop making an arz of yourself by consistently posting up lies and misinformation

21 minutes ago, Bill said:

let me explain in a way even you might grasp

when you visit your GP the process is made easier by your registration providing you details, medical records etc

what you Brexit numpties have, is that away from being registered, you will be able to roam around the UK, so as to be able to access a quicker and better GP service - that truly is how stupid your delusion is

so if not to us, recognise to yourself that you don't understand this and stop making an arz of yourself by consistently posting up lies and misinformation

Wrong example as I've never been to my GP 🙂

Like Trump supporters finally having to admit the reality he actually LOST the recent election, Brexiteers will have to face the reality of chaos at the ports, no ability to travel or work visa free in Europe and multinationals moving jobs out of Britain etc. When that happens we will not let them off the hook. These outcomes are direct responses to their policy choices and (lack of) negotiating skills. "The EU is being mean to us" may be true, just as "more blacks voted for Biden" is true, but neither is a reason for the failure to succeed. That is down to your own blowhard incompetence, and this is the real world's reaction protecting itself from that. Enjoy Jan 2021! 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong example as I've never been to my GP 🙂

You might be a runner, you might look after yourself, you might be fit

But at your age, you should be seeing a doctor occasionally 

They pick up things you might not notice

Make an appointment 

EDIT- at least make an appointment once the vaccine has been rolled out and there is a bit less pressure on the NHS. Have you never had a flu jab?

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man

3 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

You might be a runner, you might look after yourself, you might be fit

But at your age, you should be seeing a doctor occasionally 

They pick up things you might not notice

Make an appointment 

EDIT- at least make an appointment once the vaccine has been rolled out and there is a bit less pressure on the NHS. Have you never had a flu jab?

No never had a flu jab (and never had the flu) although I will be in to see the nurse, if offered the vaccine.  

Edited by SwindonCanary

3 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

French trial no deal dry run at Channel tunnel

The French authorities have staged a  no deal dry run in Kent today. Apparently only half of the available lanes were open, but it doesn't look good 

I wonder if we have done the same thing in Calais?

"Queues of trucks stretching for five miles unexpectedly built up in Kent on Tuesday after the French started a trial of post-Brexit checks. Lorries on their way across the English channel were forced to stop in long lines up to junction 11 on the M20 as they tried to approach the Eurotunnel entrance just outside Folkestone and the Port of Dover.

The queues give a glimpse of things to come in January whether a deal is reached or not with the government last month warning of queues of 7,000 lorries on the main motorway routes to both Eurotunnel and Dover ferries in the worst-case scenario."

of course if you are a brexiteer and so don't give a fck about animal welfare, this won't matter

"Last week Kent county council also expressed worries over the welfare of animals that could be stuck in lorries in the event of a standstill. We do have concerns over the impact the road system will have, and particularly the impact on animals in transit,” said Steve Rock, head of trading standards."

So, my advice would be to stock up now to avoid the January queues

image.png.4c7eab069586db3f3b09b5b9a39de23d.png

nothing awkward about carrying out a necessary exercise to prepare for the inevitable

and the UK is so badly unprepared that it is giving up checking inward freight for the first six months of 2021

as it will not be able to cope with all the new checks and paperwork

so much for your bleat about 'taking back control'

I would love to know the real reason people voted for Brexit! This taking back control is just pure ****e, we had control of anyone coming into our country, anyone without a job wasn’t entitled to stay in the uk for more than three months, wasn’t entitled to our welfare either, it was our government who never enforced the rules correctly and still don’t.

As for taking back the 16 billion net spend to be in the EU well that’s going to be a drop in the ocean compared to the tariff we might be paying on imported goods soon.

Last of course is our lazy culture, since the 70’s with mass strikes it’s an inherent issue with our culture and been mocked by so many other countries. Why do you think we need so many migrant workers coming to the UK in the first place? Because a huge section of our population know how to swing the system and why work when you can have three kids, get house for free and up to £26k in benefits!

It’s all well and good to point fingers but reality is most Brexiteers are lower end of the class in society, lower educated and were easily convinced by bigoted ideologies, never once thinking of where we actually are as a nation, what our needs were to be prosperous, but had some outdated notion that we still had an empire! The truth is we don’t produce much anymore, our main exported goods aren’t even owned by the UK, most companies are US, Chinese, Korean, French or German, those which are UK owned have opened production in other countries are its more efficient.

Lets not beat around the bush, you have what you wanted, to say you’ve won is wrong, we’ve all lost due to the world changing, trade agreements come with agreed free movement of people between the two involved parties, to make this stand alone stance work the entire UK attitude must change, our biggest trade partner is the first deal we need! To keep listening to extreme nationalism is a dangerous path to tread, the world should be united against the challenges coming, Covid should have thought us this, yet we’re more divided then ever.

Sad, sad times.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Because a huge section of our population know how to swing the system and why work when you can have three kids, get house for free and up to £26k in benefits!

I don't disagree that some people work the system but it's not a 'huge section of our population'.

So Indy thinks the majority of the people in the UK are at the lower end of the class in society, lower educated and were easily convinced by bigoted ideologies, It's a low idea of the good people of this country. Maybe because the majority did not agree with him. And Herman liked it !

Edited by SwindonCanary

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So Indy thinks the majority of the people in the UK are at the lower end of the class in society, lower educated and were easily convinced by bigoted ideologies, It's a low idea of the good people of this country. Maybe because the majority did not agree with him. And Herman liked it !

Facts are facts (not that you would ever recognise one), those who voted for Brexsh*t were less likely to have had a university education:

Brexit caused by low levels of education, study finds | The Independent | The Independent

Fact Check: Did UK’s ‘better educated’ vote Remain? | The Week UK

Research carried out by leading polling companies in the wake of the referendum found that educational attainment was strongly linked to whether voters supported EU membership.

According to YouGov, 68% of voters with a university degree wanted to remain in the EU, while 70% of voters with only GCSE qualifications or lower voted to leave.

So it's clear, the thicker you are the more likely you were to vote for Brexsh*t. No suprise there.

I've said it before a University education is no way to tell how intelligent is.  It may have been long ago, but now it's the thing kids do.   

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've said it before a University education is no way to tell how intelligent is.  It may have been long ago, but now it's the thing kids do.   

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Only you could prove the link between stupidity and voting for Brexit so perfectly:

"I've said it before a University education is no way to tell how intelligent is"

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, horsefly said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Only you could prove the link between stupidity and voting for Brexit so perfectly:

"I've said it before a University education is no way to tell how intelligent is"

I don't have to show a link, It's my own experience, My kids, my friends kids and my cousins.  

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I don't have to show a link, It's my own experience, My kids, my friends kids and my cousins.  

Oh God! You don't even see your error. Please stop! the laughing is begining to hurt.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

So 17.4 million out of  46 million registered voters, who voted out isn’t the majority is it? And I said most brexiteers not all, but you certainly fit my criteria, I bet you worked but got laid off some point and blamed those Johnny foreigners for taking your jobs, claimed benefits and live in social housing or have done in the past till Maggie sold off the housing, probably drive a French car.

I wonder just how much I’ve got correct about you!

27 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Oh God! You don't even see your error. Please stop! the laughing is begining to hurt.

How do you find young kids who went to uni's intelligence ? 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

How do you find young kids who went to uni's intelligence ? 

Significantly superior to your own

Intelligence can’t be developed in a narrow mind, university or not doesn’t mean someone is more likely to develop into a very intelligent person through life, but limited thinking by a very narrow narrative means you stifle any chance of developing any intelligence in various ways. Travel broadens the mind, open boundaries open new opportunities, cultural enrichment develops new thinking and leads to exciting new learning!

Shame some peoples world is dictated by boundaries!

Edited by Indy

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Intelligence can’t be developed in a narrow mind, university or not doesn’t mean someone is more likely to develop into a very intelligent person through life, but limited thinking by a very narrow narrative means you stifle any chance of developing any intelligence in various ways. Travel broadens the mind, open boundaries open new learnings, cultural enrichment develops new thinking and leads to exciting new learning!

Shame some peoples world is dictated by boundaries!

It's certainly true that a university education doesn't guarantee that an individual will use that education as an inspiration to continue a life-long pursuit of wisdom. Some graduates no doubt see the skills they develop in a purely instrumental fashion as a means to serving their own self-interests to the exclusion of others. Socrates made this clear in his distinction between the Sophists and those that genuinely sought wisdom.

However, it is also certainly true that the very foundations of a university education rest upon the Enlightenment principles of freedom of thought and the superiority of reason over superstition and prejudice. And it is true that you won't graduate from a university without demonstrating an ability to apply rational thought and the power of critical thinking to the evidence put before you. Thus a university graduate is typically equiped with the intellectual capacity to think through the questions that confront them, weighing the evidence in a critical fashion. I would argue that it is precisely that commitment to Enlightenment principles that explains why the majority of graduates voted remain.

It is, of course, also true that a university education is not the only means by which one can develop an open and critical mind. I have met plenty of people of exceptional wisdom who have developed that outside of formal educational input. What is common to all, however, is an attitude of free thinking and a willingness to be led where a critical analysis of the evidence takes them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

No never had a flu jab (and never had the flu) although I will be in to see the nurse, if offered the vaccine.  

I should hope that you will be offered the vaccine as you must be in your 60's

And while you're there, do yourself a favour and ask for a check up with the GP 😉