Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

BILLY LIAR 

Billy Liar - Wikipedia

Ah! so now we know who you model yourself on. Thanks for that, it explains a lot.

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Ah! so now we know who you model yourself on. Thanks for that, it explains a lot.

Horsefly ? an annoying little buzzy thing ! 

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Horsefly ? an annoying little buzzy thing ! 

WOW Billy L! Where have you been hiding this amazing intellectual genius? Perhaps you can now answer Elastic Man.

Edited by horsefly

Big Nissan announcement imminent - I have my pencil and “Positive Brexit Oucomes” notebook at the ready - what could it be, a massive new investment in electric car technology, a joint venture gigafactory battery plant, re-entering the shipbuilding industry for the new Royal Navy? 

• Haha 2

UK has been agreeing trade deals at an average of 2.5 countries per month

EU’s average in the last 60 years is 0.2 countries per month

canada_deal_banner.jpg

As the UK celebrates a deal with its 55th country, Facts4EU.Org summarises post-Brexit trade

Yesterday the Government announced that agreement had been reached in a video conference call between PM Boris Johnson and Minister Liz Truss from the UK, and PM Justin Trudeau and Minister Mary Ng from Canada, to roll over the current trading arrangements between the two countries, post-Brexit.

In what must be seen as a blow to the EU which loudly trumpeted its trade deal with Canada from 2016 onwards - despite it still not being ratified by the EU27’s parliaments four years later - the UK has now secured a ‘rollover’ of the current EU deal. The scene is now set for both parties to agree a bespoke deal which better reflects the interests of each country as they trade with each other going forward.

canada_deal_211120.jpg

This brings the number of countries with which the UK has agreed post-Brexit trading terms to 55, according to the data supplied by the Dept for International Trade and by the UK's Trade Envoy to Egypt. (For some reason Liz Truss is only claiming 53.)

BREXIT FACTS4EU.ORG SUMMARY

Countries with which the UK has agreed trade arrangements post-Brexit

uk_trade_deal_list_221120.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

ADDENDUM, 3pm 22 Nov 2020: Egypt is a late addition to the above list, even though they still appear on the Dept for International Trade's website as "Engagement ongoing". In fact they agreed around 10 days ago, according to UK Trade Envoy to Egypt Sir Jeffery Donaldson.

• Total trade with these 55 countries totalled £171.8 billion in 2019 (ONS data)
  • Of this, UK-Canada trade totalled £22.4bn

Other significant deals include:-

• Switzerland - £38.6bn
  • Japan - £31.6bn
  • South Korea - £11.7bn

Commenting on the Canada deal yesterday, Boris Johnson said:

“This is a fantastic agreement for Britain which secures transatlantic trade with one of our closest allies. British businesses export everything from electric cars to sparkling wine to Canada, and today’s deal will ensure that trade goes from strength to strength.

“Our negotiators have been working flat out to secure trade deals for the UK, and from as early next year we have agreed to start work on a new, bespoke trade deal with Canada that will go even further in meeting the needs of our economy.”

leadership_boris_johnson.jpg

Canada knows which side of the pancake the maple syrup is spread on

This is a smart move by Canada. The Government there will know that over two-fifths of Canadian goods exports are bought by UK companies and consumers. With the UK gone, Canada’s trade deal with the EU – still not ratified by the EU four years later – is worth a great deal less than it was.

canada_290820_2.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

The EU-Canada deal took 12 years to negotiate, and as we stated it is still not ratified by the EU27's parliaments. (The UK Parliament ratified it within months of it being signed.)

Canada is yet another country which forms part of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), which now accounts for 13.5% of world trade and has 495 million consumers - many more than the EU. The omens are looking good for the UK to join this trading bloc over the coming two years.

OBSERVATIONS

Maple syrup with our pancakes, next Shrove Tuesday?

This latest in a long line of recent post-Brexit trade agreements with non-EU countries is to be welcomed. Canada is a country with which the UK has had a very long history over the centuries, and Her Majesty the Queen is still the Monarch.

It is of course true that Mr Trudeau is not a man whose political ideology will be shared by the majority of Brexiteers. Indeed we believe he is several kilos of maple leaves short of a jar of maple syrup, but trade is trade.

What matters is that British exporters will have continuity from 01 January 2021, and that jobs will be secured. There is plenty of time thereafter to finesse a bespoke trade deal with Canada, as there is with other non-EU countries.

trudeau_3.jpg

Why is the Government still obsessed with an EU trade deal? 🤪

[ Sources: UK Office for National Statistics | No.10 | EU Commission | Statistics Canada ] Politicians and journalists can contact us for details, as ever.

Brexit Facts4EU.Org, Sat 21 Nov 2020

So much for the Remainiacs claim that the UK wouldn't be strong enough to negotiate new trade deals on its own 😀

you don't understand this at all do you ?

if the EU does not have trade deals, then does it mean the UK is not able to trade with those countries ?

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

No Jools. UK is rolling over trade deals already negotiated by our EU friends. 

Thanks, Hermione, we all know what rollover deals mean and why would we start an existing deal from scratch? Makes no sense.

The hard work is not so much the deal itself, rather it's to get your trading partner to agree to it -- The EU didn't write all deals from scratch either, as you Remainiacs like to pretend.

The likes of Barnier & the rest of the EU hierarchy are no friends of the British and it's only a minority of disingenuous, English hating, Lefty morons like yourself who make that false claim. 

No Jools. You're angry because you have been sold a big bag of bollox and instead of blaming the people that sold you the lie you are blaming the people that have been warning you for four years that this would happen. The EU have been very good friends and allies of ours. Your patriotism has been used against you to bring in something that will harm our country. Time to wake up.

• Like 1

Here Swindo, do you notice the similarities between that list and the one you put up earlier?😀

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I looked it up and you can see all  the free trade deals the EU have made, so why is it so hard for them to do one with us ?

Free trade agreements | Trade Helpdesk (europa.eu)

Because only a thicko such as yourself would not have read your own link, and understood what it means

"Beyond the usual Chapter providing for preferential tariff treatment, these agreements also often include clauses on trade facilitation and rule-making in areas such as investment, intellectual property, government procurement, technical standards and sanitary and phytosanitary issues.

The rules of origin applicable to a country's products are set out in an Origin Protocol attached to the specific agreement between the EU and the country concerned."

anyway, I thought you told us (many times) that the UK should tell the EU where to get off, and the UK should go for a no deal

Edited by Bill

"anyway, I thought you told us (many times) that the UK should tell the EU where to get off, and the UK should go for a no deal"

I never told you that !  billy liar 

34 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

"anyway, I thought you told us (many times) that the UK should tell the EU where to get off, and the UK should go for a no deal"

I never told you that !  billy liar 

Great! you're even signing your posts now, good to see.

28 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Not sure you can find any positives from this

Exactly what us dreadful remoaners predicted. A very sad day for those Notherners who were utterly duped and shafted by an immoral bunch of liars. 

Edited by horsefly

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

i'M SWINDONCANARY there's another billy on here you  annoying little buzzy thing 

There's only one Billy Liar here, and it's you. You even posted the picture. I think we're all capable of distinguishing between the two Billys. One is intelligent, capable of understanding an argument and providing a critical assessment of its merits (Bill), the other one is you (Billy L).

It is the sign of things to come, Rumour has it no trade deal with the EU means Nissan are looking to protect their Leaf production costs by moving it to Spain. But that’s OK because I believe Austin are taking it over and producing the Allegro again for all the true Brexteers!

image.jpeg.3b6bcec49e246acaec4f7c89769e4586.jpeg

Edited by Indy

Just now, Indy said:

I just hope that those who voted out buy British! 

I mean, just look at the choice we've offered.

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I mean, just look at the choice we've offered.

I have a friend in Plzen, we used to laugh at Skoda, not sure we have much to compare it with! I can’t think of a British owned manufacturer!

Edited by Indy