Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

17 hours ago, horsefly said:

It's amazing how often this ridiculous farce has been played out, and the dumb Brexsh*teers fall for it every time. "We're not paying Brussels a penny" yowls Boris in front of a braying bunch of foam flecked gammons, as he gets one of his backroom lackeys to write out the cheque and pay it on the quiet.

Not to mention we now have control of our borders but rather EU no longer police their coastline meaning thousands of those held in France with no skill sets to invest in our economy are now flooding over and being processed! 
Those we need to help our economy no longer feel welcome and less numbers mean less productivity in certain areas of our economy!

Strange Brexit this one, still paying billions and not controlling our borders.......still Swindon delusion continues!

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'll hold you to that, and bring it up in a few years

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I'll look forward to it.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Not to mention we now have control of our borders but rather EU no longer police their coastline meaning thousands of those held in France with no skill sets to invest in our economy are now flooding over and being processed! 
Those we need to help our economy no longer feel welcome and less numbers mean less productivity in certain areas of our economy!

Strange Brexit this one, still paying billions and not controlling our borders.......still Swindon delusion continues!

Control ?

The UK is now set to have an EU monitored border in sovereign waters - the Irish Sea, that will divide the mainland from NI

A huge number of lorry drivers will find they no longer have a permit to drive in the EU, and those that do will be subject to an extra 4 million forms per week.

The free movement of livestock will now be subject to extensive veterinary checks and it will be EU designated forms that will determine what UK lorry drivers can enter parts of Kent

And in the la la land of brexiteers none of this will cost a penny 🤪

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Control ?

The UK is now set to have an EU monitored border in sovereign waters - the Irish Sea, that will divide the mainland from NI

A huge number of lorry drivers will find they no longer have a permit to drive in the EU, and those that do will be subject to an extra 4 million forms per week.

The free movement of livestock will now be subject to extensive veterinary checks and it will be EU designated forms that will determine what UK lorry drivers can enter parts of Kent

And in the la la land of brexiteers none of this will cost a penny 🤪

Just to add, Poland and Czech Republic are injecting funds into farming and agricultural production, now I wonder why this would be?

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I remember when you were all saying the referendum would be lost, you lot were just the same and I was right then, and will be again. 

How narrow a viewpoint, you do realise that our 43% of our biggest market to the EU without a deal will dwindle every year as other member states take up the market share! Your scenario is so flawed and to be proud of being duped by a bigoted politician who after 17 years of taking EU money for doing nothing but lined his pockets who has absolutely no concern or empathy for anyone, and the bumbling blonde div who sold his soul to be prime minister.

God help you if you think this is a victory!

Meanwhile ....    huzzah!

We have an agreement with Canada..... but hang on, details will be negotiated out after Brexit? 

Well, that's not an agreement then is it? I guess no additional entry in my "positive outcomes" notebook.

Trudeau was correct, the UK has "no administrative bandwidth" to negotiate any trade deals.

What a complete c*ck up. 

Canada.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Indy said:

How narrow a viewpoint, you do realise that our 43% of our biggest market to the EU without a deal will dwindle every year as other member states take up the market share! Your scenario is so flawed and to be proud of being duped by a bigoted politician who after 17 years of taking EU money for doing nothing but lined his pockets who has absolutely no concern or empathy for anyone, and the bumbling blonde div who sold his soul to be prime minister.

God help you if you think this is a victory!

rubbish you lost 

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

rubbish you lost 

How on earth do you manage to come up with these extraordinarily sophisticated arguments. I mean "rubbish you lost", just so insightful.

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

rubbish you lost 

Nah I won, I have my savings and pension tied up in global funds not in the uk!

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

Nah I won, I have my savings and pension tied up in global funds not in the uk!

It's a strange thing. My job is the most secure it has ever been thanks to brexit. And now covid. I still think they are both disasters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

It's a strange thing. My job is the most secure it has ever been thanks to brexit. And now covid. I still think they are both disasters.

Well I’ve been in the oil & gas industry bar 2 years where I worked in the nuclear industry since 1991. My industry is moving away into renewables but I’m now looking to retire as I’ve been consulting for the last 10 years through my own company. But it’s now noticeable the changes taking place.

Although Covid certainly has been a short term disaster, long term it might just speed the transition needed to ease global warming climate change issues, certainly start the process off.

Because what is good for us at the moment is not good for the country as a whole or for future generations.

17 hours ago, Surfer said:

Meanwhile ....    huzzah!

We have an agreement with Canada..... but hang on, details will be negotiated out after Brexit? 

Well, that's not an agreement then is it? I guess no additional entry in my "positive outcomes" notebook.

Trudeau was correct, the UK has "no administrative bandwidth" to negotiate any trade deals.

What a complete c*ck up. 

Canada.jpg

All this winning.

The Japan trade deal is what we already had but worse. With cheese though.

The Canada trade deal is what we already had but won't be agreed until after we leave. As the Guardian puts it "UK and Canada to trade on EU terms after Brexit transition".

What a load of dog**** and an epically expensive waste of time.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Herman said:

All this winning.

The Japan trade deal is what we already had but worse. With cheese though.

The Canada trade deal is what we already had but won't be agreed until after we leave. As the Guardian puts it "UK and Canada to trade on EU terms after Brexit transition".

What a load of dog**** and an epically expensive waste of time.

reports say it's the same deal the EU had with Canada, so why complain ?

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

reports say it's the same deal the EU had with Canada, so why complain ?

Because we spent four ****ing years to get exactly what we had. Clown car.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Because we spent four ****ing years to get exactly what we had. Clown car.

but we are doing it on our own, there's not pleasing some of you, were not paying the EU to do it.

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

but we are doing it on our own, there's not pleasing some of you, were not paying the EU to do it.

Nope all that’s been agreed is the same terms, which is difficult as we’ll need to comply with CSA’s and will cost UK companies for that certification.

You need to consider that there is a stronger market place in the EU with nations who can provide cheaper goods than the UK, while we were part of the EU our section of the trade with a Canada was guaranteed, now we’re up against the EU as a direct competitor! You brexiteers forget that we have a high cost compared to other EU nations in production of goods.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No indeed! We're (note the apostrophe) paying billions more in the costs of Brexs*it. Take a look at what the TORY mayor of Birmingham has to say about the effects of Brexsh*t on his region:

West Midlands’ Tory mayor warns over post-Brexit tariffs | Financial Times (ft.com)

West Midlands’ Tory mayor warns over post-Brexit tariffs

Andy Street says manufacturers in the region could face duties of up to 10% even if a deal is struck.

In letters to Liz Truss, international trade secretary, to David Frost, the UK’s chief Brexit negotiator, and to local MPs, the mayor has warned that unless a trade deal includes preferential rules of origin terms, West Midlands exporters could face tariffs of up to 10 per cent on their EU bound goods, pricing them out of the market. Modelling by the University of Birmingham found tariffs could reduce the regional economy by 12 per cent, and add £3,000 to the average cost of an exported car. The region is home to Jaguar Land Rover, electric taxi maker LEVC, aerospace and automotives component maker GKN and thousands of other suppliers.

Try doing some actual research rather than ignorantly posting happy-clappy rubbish.
Edited by horsefly

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Andy Street says manufacturers in the region could face duties of up to 10% even if a deal is struck.

says it all !

Christ you're thick!

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Christ you're thick!

You mean F.UCKWITTHICK

Edited by SHRIMPER

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

It's an opinion why do you listen to one man ?

Christ man! Every business organisation in the country is appalled by what's happening with Brex****, the list is endless. Even the Tory bastions of the CBI and the NFU are against the cr*p fest that this Government have turned it into. You're like the ret*rd that got to play the triangle on the deck of the Titanic as the ship went down. Only you would be shouting "It's only an opinion that the ship is sinking". FFS WAKE UP!

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The Government decide what happens, listen to them WAKE UP !

If that's what you "think" (and I use the scare quotes advisedly) what the hell are you doing here? It's a discussion forum where ideas are challenged you buffoon.