Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Curiously these Brexit leaders are keeping out of the way now the sht is hitting the fan big time

The gob****e Farage is now peddling a dodgy pyramid scheme, the stick insect Rees-Mogg, IDS, Davies have fallen silent - and even certified nutjobs like Widdecombe have returned to the west wing

Remember these lies the stupid swallowed

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2018/mar/28/11-brexit-promises-leavers-quietly-dropped

Eighty five per cent of British consumers say they are open to choosing food and drink from Ireland, ahead of a range of other key markets outside of Britain.

Edited by SwindonCanary

Would that be from Northern Ireland or the Irish Republic Swindon. Both of which we import a significant amount of food from already ...so how brave to be “open” to trying their wares ... like butter, sausages, Guiness. How wonderful to be so moronically ignorant of our existing food supply. 

And how, pray, will importing food “from Ireland” be any easier than from other countries after Jan 01 - you do understand Ireland and Holland are both overseas, and both in the same EU? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

As was always obvious to those of us with any inkling to use our brains rather than follow the Brexit “leaders” like lemmings off Dover’s cliffs. 

This may be apt then... (For a caption perhaps choose what might go in a speech bubble). 

IMG_20201127_010350.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

how come every time I come on here there's a notification that Hose sh1t has replied ? 

Because you keep posting reta*rded posts like this instead of actually saying something about the issues. How about you try and analyse the article I posted for you to read (....thought not, you're too thick).

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Eighty five per cent of British consumers say they are open to choosing food and drink from Ireland, ahead of a range of other key markets outside of Britain.

You utter pr*ick! Ireland is NOT a part of Britain or the UK. And even you can't be so thick as to think that NORTHERN Ireland could replace the 30% of our national food supply that we import from Europe. Please tell us that you're not that f*ing stupid.

Edited by horsefly

key political sticking points for the talks are fisheries and competition policy. Fisheries the EU Are asking for something they don't own, we do !  Competition policy this is about the Government helping companies, we are an independent  nation, we should be able to do as we like. Plus France put millions of pounds into their car companies breaking EU laws, nothing happened ! 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Competition policy this is about the Government helping companies, we are an independent  nation, we should be able to do as we like. 

Displaying your usual ignorance. ALL trade deals involve negotiations on what restrictions will apply to the involved parties. NO country can simply do whatever they like. Even if we go to WTO rules we will be obliged to abide by a number of restrictions on trade. This really is primary school level knowledge.

8 hours ago, horsefly said:

I took up you suggestion Sonyc

IMG_FARAGE FOLLY.jpg

Nice one 🙂

Maybe too..

"....so there is some free movement after all..."

A brexit positive for Swindo. Brexit will lead to more dogging according to Kent online. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

A brexit positive for Swindo. Brexit will lead to more dogging according to Kent online. 

All those lorry drivers waiting in queues for days on end will have to find something to do. Perhaps all those Brexsh*teers can do the decent thing and offer themselves up for service. Let's face it, they're happy to get shafted by Farage.

Edited by horsefly

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Displaying your usual ignorance. ALL trade deals involve negotiations on what restrictions will apply to the involved parties. NO country can simply do whatever they like. Even if we go to WTO rules we will be obliged to abide by a number of restrictions on trade. This really is primary school level knowledge.

It's not ignorance, that is what they are arguing over ! 

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's not ignorance, that is what they are arguing over ! 

You said:

"we are an independent  nation, we should be able to do as we like."

That displays total ignorance of how trade talks work.

More evidence of the impending disaster brexit will visit upon UK farmers:

Report casts doubt on UK pledge to prevent low-quality food imports (msn.com)

"Ministers’ pledges to preserve the UK’s food and farming standards after Brexit will not prevent the import of lower-standard products and could spell potential disaster for Britain’s farmers, a report has found."

How wonderful to see Norfolk MPs like Richard Bacon supporting an Agriculture Bill that shafts Norfolk farmers and the rural community.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

All those lorry drivers waiting in queues for days on end will have to find something to do. Perhaps all those Brexsh*teers can do the decent thing and offer themselves up for service. Let's face it, they're happy to get shafted by Farage.

Whenever I hear the words Kent and dogging I'll always think of Nigel Farage. 🥴

26 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

They want to keep 82 to 85% of the value from their current catch, and return the rest to us?

I can't see the UK going for that, but fair play if it comes off

The EU are trying hard to find a way out of the impasse 

Only absolute morons would get so hung up on something as insignificant as "our" fish

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

Only absolute morons would get so hung up on something as insignificant as "our" fish

I believe that’s why the deal is Flounder-ing.........

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

The electorate get the politicians they deserve, unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, kirku said:

The electorate get the politicians they deserve, unfortunately 

That’s true! But I think they’re all a bad bunch!

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

You're Skate-ing on thin ice with that joke

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, horsefly said:

You utter pr*ick! Ireland is NOT a part of Britain or the UK. And even you can't be so thick as to think that NORTHERN Ireland could replace the 30% of our national food supply that we import from Europe. Please tell us that you're not that f*ing stupid.

He's even thicker than that, he probably regards Irish territorial waters as free to be exploited by English trawlers after Brexit. As for using the Irish channel as a dumping ground for excess nuclear spillages and ammunition, that ought to be a bad habit that needs stopping.

Edited by nevermind, neoliberalism has had it