Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I have a friend in Plzen, we used to laugh at Skoda, not sure we have much to compare it with! I can’t think of a British manufacturer!

I think a Brompton fold-up bike is our best bet

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

There's only one Billy Liar here, and it's you. You even posted the picture. I think we're all capable of distinguishing between the two Billys. One is intelligent, capable of understanding an argument and providing a critical assessment of its merits (Bill), the other one is you (Billy L).

So as far as I can see all, you've come to is calling names, very low of you 

Edited by SwindonCanary

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So as far as I can see all, you've come to is calling names, very low of you 

What are you talking about Billy L? It was you that posted the picture, and then signed your post "Billy Liar". And of course it couldn't possibly be that you were calling somebody else Billy Liar because as you've just said it would mean:

"all, you've come to is calling names, very low of you". 

So given that you wouldn't dream of calling names of someone else one can only assume that the Billy Liar stuff was self-referential. Case closed Billy L.

This is the 'Positive Brexit Tread'  I see no reason for you to come on here just to throw insults at me. You should be telling me I'm wrong supporting the Government !  

Edited by SwindonCanary

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

This is the 'Positive Brexit Tread'  I see no reason for you to come on here just to throw insults at me. You should be telling me I'm wrong supporting the Government !  

Not me that come up with the Billy Liar stuff. Do remind me who it was?

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

"Positive Brexit TREAD" and that is what is happening to you F.UCKWIT. Getting TRODDEN on by everyone for you inane posts.

Edited by SHRIMPER

Just now, SHRIMPER said:

"Positive Brexit TREAD" and that is what is happening to you F.UCKWIT. Getting TRODDEN on by everyone for you innane posts.

Another insult calling post, nothing to do with Brexit 

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I repeat again:

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I repeat again:

It was that guy who calls himself Billy ,   He's got the objective of calling everybody who disagrees with him a Liar . 

On 23/11/2020 at 08:20, SwindonCanary said:

BILLY LIAR 

Billy Liar - Wikipedia

Are you really so stupid as to think we don't know the truth. This is YOUR post. It was YOU who made this pathetic attempt to insult Bill. So probably best you stop complaining about people insulting you when you are happy to throw around plenty of insults yourself.

Indeed, we would all rather discuss the issues than trade insults, but you never attempt to put forward any genuine arguments, or critical ananlysis. You frustrate everyone with your gullible acceptance of anything that is pro-Brexit and pro-Boris. Many of us have made post after post detailing the very serious issues raised by virtually every major business organisation in the country, yet all you do is repeat that it's "just an opinion" and "everything will be great, just wait and see". I'm afraid if you want to be taken seriously you need to to engage in the debate seriously. As yet there is no evidence that you either want to do that or are capable of doing so. Thus if you continue to post inane and supine tosh you can expect to receive the derision that will follow.

Edited by horsefly

22 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I've put forward loads of evidence showing how we are better off after Brexit. If you decide it's not true that's up to you. 

You cut and paste rubbish form Brexitlies4u, which immediate gets refuted by my estimable peers on this site. Yet we never see you respond to those refutations by demonstrating them to be wrong. I wonder why????

It's not all  cut and paste, although a lot of them put forward are good argument which I share, a lot of you lot say it's rubbish without even watching it. Turning a blind eye.  

Edited by SwindonCanary

Six months of Brexit ‘mayhem’ ahead in 2021, say haulage chiefs

Haulage chiefs have claimed there will be “mayhem” at Holyhead port when the Brexit transition period ends, regardless of whether there’s a trade deal or not.

The Irish Road Haulage Association (IRHA) said the first six months of 2021 would be “terrible” because the port hasn’t been properly prepared for the changes. Holyhead is the UK’s second largest “roll-on roll-off” port after Dover, and carries around 1,200 lorries and trailers a day from north Wales to Ireland.

“After the deadline and UK Brexiting, the decisions still won’t be made,” said the IRHA’s Eugene Drennan. “They’ll unfold as the problems appear. That leads to a certain degree of mayhem … you’ll have a lot of anxious moments.”

He added: “Even though it’s called the transition period, there has been no transition.”

Michael Gove, the minister in charge of planning, said last month that the UK was “increasingly well-prepared” for the end of the transition period.

Source: Independent news this morning.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And what happens if we get the free trade deal we are after ?

There you go again. The very first line says:

"Haulage chiefs have claimed there will be “mayhem” at Holyhead port when the Brexit transition period ends, regardless of whether there’s a trade deal or not."

And you reply:

And what happens if we get the free trade deal we are after ?

I'm afraid derision is the only response you deserve.

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Haulage chiefs have claimed there will be “mayhem” at Holyhead port when the Brexit transition period ends, regardless of whether there’s a trade deal or not."

Where's it say FREE TRADE DEAL ?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Where's it say FREE TRADE DEAL ?

Jesus man! have you never heard of the linguistic term "ellipsis"?

The clause "regardless of whether there’s a trade deal or not." quite obviously includes any type of trade deal (including a free trade deal). How in the hell do you fail to understand the most simple English sentences?

It's obvious that if it's not a free trade deal with lorries having to stop for checks there will be mayhem, if we get what we are asking there would be no trouble =  I understand the most simple English sentences 

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's obvious that if it's not a free trade deal with lorries having to stop for checks there will be mayhem, if we get what we are asking there would be no trouble =  I understand the most simple English sentences 

Christ there really is nowhere to go with you. IT'S A VERY SIMPLE SENTENCE. Read it again and try your very hardest to understand it:

"Haulage chiefs have claimed there will be “mayhem” at Holyhead port when the Brexit transition period ends, regardless of whether there’s a trade deal or not."

The word "regardless" is the giveaway. If they were claiming that a free trade deal would prevent mayhem they wouldn't have said "regardless of whether there's a trade deal or not", instead they would have said "unless a free trade deal can be negotiated".

I have now exhausted my patience; I really can't make this any simpler to understand.

The guys are right Swindo I'm afraid. Listening to business people on radio and the best case scenario, even with a deal, is a lot more paperwork for them and higher prices with less choice for us. God knows what awaits us if no deal. 

The people that sold us brexit have failed miserably. 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I understand the most simple English sentences 

Cannot be any simpler than that you are a F.UCKWIT.

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

The guys are right Swindo I'm afraid. Listening to business people on radio and the best case scenario, even with a deal, is a lot more paperwork for them and higher prices with less choice for us. God knows what awaits us if no deal. 

The people that sold us brexit have failed miserably. 

"Boris Johnson’s government has been warned of “mayhem” at Holyhead port when the Brexit transition period ends, even if a UK-EU trade deal is struck. The Irish Road Haulage Association said the first six months of 2021 would be “terrible” due to the lack of preparations. " 24th Nov

44 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Now explain why it's not true then. It's not enough to just say "it's not true".

Free trade agreements reduce barriers to trade between two or more countries by reducing or eliminating tariffs and import quotas. Members of such agreements are still able to negotiate separate trade deals with other countries. These agreements are permitted under WTO rules, despite offering preferential access to partner countries and not all WTO members. The UK wants a free trade agreement with the EU,