Jump to content
Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

"Big Four firm EY said today that large UK-based firms had now implemented plans enabling them to continue operating in the EU after Brexit. It estimated that around 7,000 positions would be relocated from London to the continent and a further 2,400 jobs created and hired for locally at the new EU hubs."

Jools always forgets to point out the bad bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jools said:

We learn today that 1400 license applications from European Financial Services Companies to open offices and trade from the UK have been made and 230 of those are from Irish companies ūüė≤

This can't be right as I've been told for the last three and a half years that the square mile and Canary wharf were upping sticks and relocating to Dublin, Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt because of Brexit ūü§Ē

It's almost as if there was a furtive Project being run...designed to put fear into people... ūü§Ē

I'll get back to you when I think of a good name for the Project...

 

ūüėÄ

If European business wish to finance their operations they know that London is the world centre for doing business. Hence all those new applications - and of course, the reason why the EU looks at our financial services longingly. 

Once we are free of EU regulation - and why we will negotiate for divergence and not alignment with the EU - is that we will be able to offer finance on terms that are best for UK, without worrying what might be best for Germany. The EU knows this and they're sh!tting themselves because of it.

We are fantastically poised to challenge Silicon Valley for pre-eminence. We have already overtaken New York as the world's leading international finance centre, and there is no reason why we cannot replace Southern California as the go-to place for software development, especially as that part of the world is currently devouring itself in wokeism and progressive lunacy.

You can forget about metal bashing industries such as car manufacturing which is now at peak output and will go into both absolute and relative decline from hereon. The real place to make money is in product/system design and software development. These are the industries of the 21st century and with Brexit and smart people now in government we have every chance of moving forward faster than our competitors. It's never been a better time to be alive and living in Britain. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You Sir are deluded... London is now more important than New York for finance you say, and Southern California is the focal point for advanced software industries? I see. I must mention that to my friends in San Fran and Seattle next time they come down to LA. 

Product and system design - what like Tesla electric cars, or renewable energy systems and smart electrical grids. Communications technologies, advanced medical devices, new materials - yes, yes all of those things would be great and none of them are assisted by Brexit. But let’s just throw manufacturing and it’s supporting infrastructure away because we can. 

And while we are at it, where are all the engineers coming from for your new age of product design - California seems to have scarfed up anyone willing to move. Is the UK going to train new ones, offer free tuition to students like Germany if you study a science related subject at their technical universities?  

And the incentive to come to Britain rather than the US if you want to write code is ....? Better weather? Higher pay? Stock options? Cost of living? Taxes? Lower property costs?

I think you’d better have a real hard look at what makes Britain attractive to non-Brits and work on that before rushing off into major delusions. 

 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, it is terribly delusional stuff. On one hand we are isolationist and unwelcoming on the other we are open and attractive to inward investment and modern skill sets.

We has some of the best and up to date manufacturers of cars, aircraft etc which they are now happy to throw away, for no reason, only to then claim we'll be well placed for modern and up to date industries. 

It's just a desperate scrabbling around trying to find evidence that they haven't royally ****ed it up. And it's not working. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

If European business wish to finance their operations they know that London is the world centre for doing business. Hence all those new applications - and of course, the reason why the EU looks at our financial services longingly. 

Once we are free of EU regulation - and why we will negotiate for divergence and not alignment with the EU - is that we will be able to offer finance on terms that are best for UK, without worrying what might be best for Germany. The EU knows this and they're sh!tting themselves because of it.

As ever, totally fact, evidence and reality free. I am not convinced that even you believe this delusional guff. As was seen in the crash of 2007/2008 rather than being overregulated the City is vastly and dangerously underregulated. As for Germany, they run a vast surplus and have an investment/financial regime that has proven over decades to be superior to that in the UK.

We are fantastically poised to challenge Silicon Valley for pre-eminence. We have already overtaken New York as the world's leading international finance centre, and there is no reason why we cannot replace Southern California as the go-to place for software development, especially as that part of the world is currently devouring itself in wokeism and progressive lunacy.

There is every reason why the UK is not poised to challenge Silicon Valley. Lack of skills, lack of investment, lack of infrastructure, lack of significant players being only four. In any case China is already surging ahead in the field.

You can forget about metal bashing industries such as car manufacturing which is now at peak output and will go into both absolute and relative decline from hereon. The real place to make money is in product/system design and software development. These are the industries of the 21st century and with Brexit and smart people now in government we have every chance of moving forward faster than our competitors. It's never been a better time to be alive and living in Britain. 

"Smart people in government"..........?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting article on the latest daaaaahling of the right (and he's not part of the hated, out-of-touch, metropolitan elite in any way), from the Daily Mash. ūü§≠ūü§£

Laurence Fox's guide to being an instant right-wing celebrity tw*t

INTERESTED in trading C-list status for being an instant right-wing hero and truth-teller? I’ve done it, and so can you by following these tips: 

Invent your own definition of racism 

Some would say a realistic definition of racism is abuse and discrimination directed at ethnic minorities. I prefer to make it up in my head, as if people in the street have shouted ‚ÄėOi, you, Laurence Fox, f**k off back to RADA until you do something better than Lewis.‚Äô

Jump on that anti-PC bandwagon

Why not? My views are heartfelt. I’m not just joining the anti-PC, reactionary bandwagon that has raised so many people’s profiles and earned them so much money. I’m a top Hollywood actor who was in Gosford Park back in 2001, you know.

Have zero awareness about privilege

It‚Äôs wrong that people talk about ‚Äėprivilege‚Äô when I am just a hardworking bloke who went to Harrow and the son of the very famous actor James Fox. Those improvisation classes were bloody tough, let me tell you. I had to pretend to eat an orange with no orange there.

Slag off Lily Allen

Lily Allen is the leader of the sinister ‚ÄėWoke‚Äô movement, not just a slightly clueless pop singer. I don‚Äôt really follow politics or the news because they‚Äôre all lefties, but I‚Äôm confident she must be destroyed before she becomes the next Hitler.

Talk to the Daily Mail frequently

Get your views out there via that actor‚Äôs friend, the Daily Mail. They never turn against people so there‚Äôs no chance they‚Äôll suddenly run an article headlined: ‚ÄėPOSH LAURENCE says he hates ‚ÄėWOKE‚Äô ‚Äď so why is he at a party with TRAITOR MEGHAN in LA?‚Äô

Apples

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Surfer said:

You Sir are deluded... London is now more important than New York for finance you say, and Southern California is the focal point for advanced software industries? I see. I must mention that to my friends in San Fran and Seattle next time they come down to LA. 

Product and system design - what like Tesla electric cars, or renewable energy systems and smart electrical grids. Communications technologies, advanced medical devices, new materials - yes, yes all of those things would be great and none of them are assisted by Brexit. But let’s just throw manufacturing and it’s supporting infrastructure away because we can. 

And while we are at it, where are all the engineers coming from for your new age of product design - California seems to have scarfed up anyone willing to move. Is the UK going to train new ones, offer free tuition to students like Germany if you study a science related subject at their technical universities?  

And the incentive to come to Britain rather than the US if you want to write code is ....? Better weather? Higher pay? Stock options? Cost of living? Taxes? Lower property costs?

I think you’d better have a real hard look at what makes Britain attractive to non-Brits and work on that before rushing off into major delusions. 

 

I've been working for the past five years in integration of AI technologies to commerce and I can tell you that we have world-class research facilities in Cambridge that rival anything MIT can produce. Although it is mainly under the radar because good news often doesn't make the news, right now the UK is developing an Oxford-Cambridge corridor of advanced computing excellence (some of us would like to see that extended to an Oxford-Cambridge-Norwich corridor) that tied in with all the 'garage startups' in East London and the Docklands and the easy access to venture capital puts the UK in a really great position in the most important 21st century industry.

Why would the US hang on to their pre-eminence when place like Seattle, Portland and Southern Califonia are degenerating into woke hellholes, full of illegals, homeless, awash with drugs and gangs where accommodation is so expensive we see the rise of 'pod-living' for millennials. We are not without our own social problems in the UK but nothing like the US sanctuary cities.

And today more evidence comes from the IMF as reported in the Telegraph saying that the UK's economic forecasts show growth outstripping that of the Eurozone in the first two years after Brexit. Now put that into context. Project Fear said there would be an immediate decline in the economy after the Brexit referendum and another fall after Brexit. The IMF is forecasting that we will do actually better than the Eurozone - not in some far-off future but straight after Brexit. An amazing turn around from the IMF and a thumbs up to the UK. Here is a quote from the Telegraph:

The UK economy will outpace the struggling eurozone in the first two years after Brexit, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted for the first time.

Britain also outpaced the monetary union in 2019, giving it three straight years of faster growth, according to the IMF's latest forecasts.

The fund slashed growth across the eurozone, warning that a weaker German recovery and a slowdown in Spain will weigh on the region’s economy this year.

It also cut global economic forecasts again for 2020, but pointed to tentative signs that a worldwide slowdown is coming to an end.

Global growth will be 3.3pc this year and 3.4pc in 2021, the IMF said. This is down 0.1 and 0.2 percentage points respectively from its last forecast in October.

UK growth will accelerate to 1.4pc and 1.5pc in 2020 and 2021, respectively, as Brexit uncertainty starts to lift and business investment returns. The IMF said investor appetite has been boosted by hopes a hard Brexit will be avoided.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

If European business wish to finance their operations they know that London is the world centre for doing business. Hence all those new applications - and of course, the reason why the EU looks at our financial services longingly. 

Once we are free of EU regulation - and why we will negotiate for divergence and not alignment with the EU - is that we will be able to offer finance on terms that are best for UK, without worrying what might be best for Germany. The EU knows this and they're sh!tting themselves because of it.

We are fantastically poised to challenge Silicon Valley for pre-eminence. We have already overtaken New York as the world's leading international finance centre, and there is no reason why we cannot replace Southern California as the go-to place for software development, especially as that part of the world is currently devouring itself in wokeism and progressive lunacy.

You can forget about metal bashing industries such as car manufacturing which is now at peak output and will go into both absolute and relative decline from hereon. The real place to make money is in product/system design and software development. These are the industries of the 21st century and with Brexit and smart people now in government we have every chance of moving forward faster than our competitors. It's never been a better time to be alive and living in Britain. 

As your talking about my industry I can definitely say you are overdue for a major software update - if not obsolescence. 

Try naming a few UK based Bn dollar wafer fabs? Yes we had ARM (not a fab) - we are good at innovations (we even invented LCDs) but absolutely crap at generally commercialising them - often due to lack of long term investment (that City of London).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

As your talking about my industry I can definitely say you are overdue for a major software update - if not obsolescence. 

Try naming a few UK based Bn dollar wafer fabs? Yes we had ARM (not a fab) - we are good at innovations (we even invented LCDs) but absolutely crap at generally commercialising them - often due to lack of long term investment (that City of London).

My industry too, and if it is @RTB's as well then he is as delusional about his industry as he has been about Brexit for the last 4 years.

You are spot on that innovation is something we are still good at, unfortunately a huge proportion of UK innovations (and this doesn't just apply to software but many other areas of technology as well) end up being productised and ultimately taken to market by non-UK companies with greater vision and/or deeper pockets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

My industry too, and if it is @RTB's as well then he is as delusional about his industry as he has been about Brexit for the last 4 years.

You are spot on that innovation is something we are still good at, unfortunately a huge proportion of UK innovations (and this doesn't just apply to software but many other areas of technology as well) end up being productised and ultimately taken to market by non-UK companies with greater vision and/or deeper pockets.

In my humble experience innovation is the result of not having sufficient funds to go the direct simplest route. If you can't compete head-on you have to find a cunning way round the problem. The same thing drove radar, the jet engine and yes the silicon chip. Most have largely been commercialised elsewhere (apologies to RR and Marconi (now BAe) by those with very deep pockets in far larger markets (ring any bells - or perhaps not as the clapper is missing?).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

My industry too, and if it is @RTB's as well then he is as delusional about his industry as he has been about Brexit for the last 4 years.

You are spot on that innovation is something we are still good at, unfortunately a huge proportion of UK innovations (and this doesn't just apply to software but many other areas of technology as well) end up being productised and ultimately taken to market by non-UK companies with greater vision and/or deeper pockets.

Sorry, you two, but we have had quite enough of experts.ūü§ď

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I've been working for the past five years in integration of AI technologies to commerce and I can tell you that we have world-class research facilities in Cambridge that rival anything MIT can produce. Although it is mainly under the radar because good news often doesn't make the news, right now the UK is developing an Oxford-Cambridge corridor of advanced computing excellence (some of us would like to see that extended to an Oxford-Cambridge-Norwich corridor) that tied in with all the 'garage startups' in East London and the Docklands and the easy access to venture capital puts the UK in a really great position in the most important 21st century industry.

Why would the US hang on to their pre-eminence when place like Seattle, Portland and Southern Califonia are degenerating into woke hellholes, full of illegals, homeless, awash with drugs and gangs where accommodation is so expensive we see the rise of 'pod-living' for millennials. We are not without our own social problems in the UK but nothing like the US sanctuary cities.

And today more evidence comes from the IMF as reported in the Telegraph saying that the UK's economic forecasts show growth outstripping that of the Eurozone in the first two years after Brexit. Now put that into context. Project Fear said there would be an immediate decline in the economy after the Brexit referendum and another fall after Brexit. The IMF is forecasting that we will do actually better than the Eurozone - not in some far-off future but straight after Brexit. An amazing turn around from the IMF and a thumbs up to the UK. Here is a quote from the Telegraph:

The UK economy will outpace the struggling eurozone in the first two years after Brexit, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted for the first time.

Britain also outpaced the monetary union in 2019, giving it three straight years of faster growth, according to the IMF's latest forecasts.

The fund slashed growth across the eurozone, warning that a weaker German recovery and a slowdown in Spain will weigh on the region’s economy this year.

It also cut global economic forecasts again for 2020, but pointed to tentative signs that a worldwide slowdown is coming to an end.

Global growth will be 3.3pc this year and 3.4pc in 2021, the IMF said. This is down 0.1 and 0.2 percentage points respectively from its last forecast in October.

UK growth will accelerate to 1.4pc and 1.5pc in 2020 and 2021, respectively, as Brexit uncertainty starts to lift and business investment returns. The IMF said investor appetite has been boosted by hopes a hard Brexit will be avoided.

Bollox have you ūü§£

If you read back these threads for the last few years you must have had every job under the sun ūü§£ūü§°ūü§°ūü§°

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

As your talking about my industry I can definitely say you are overdue for a major software update - if not obsolescence. 

Try naming a few UK based Bn dollar wafer fabs? Yes we had ARM (not a fab) - we are good at innovations (we even invented LCDs) but absolutely crap at generally commercialising them - often due to lack of long term investment (that City of London).

You are still talking about manufacturing. That has all moved to Asia a long time ago. I have worked for wafer plants in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and China. 

The money is in design and development. That's we have to be good at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creative Midfielder said:

My industry too, and if it is @RTB's as well then he is as delusional about his industry as he has been about Brexit for the last 4 years.

You are spot on that innovation is something we are still good at, unfortunately a huge proportion of UK innovations (and this doesn't just apply to software but many other areas of technology as well) end up being productised and ultimately taken to market by non-UK companies with greater vision and/or deeper pockets.

Yep, and that is what we need to change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Bollox have you ūü§£

If you read back these threads for the last few years you must have had every job under the sun ūü§£ūü§°ūü§°ūü§°

Over the past twenty-five years I've worked as a consultant for about thirty companies around the globe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Bollox have you ūü§£

If you read back these threads for the last few years you must have had every job under the sun ūü§£ūü§°ūü§°ūü§°

He also works alongside Swindon's ex girlfriend. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

He also works alongside Swindon's ex girlfriend. 

No he didn't, she owns a shipping yard !

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I've been working for the past five years in integration of AI technologies to commerce and I can tell you that we have world-class research facilities in Cambridge that rival anything MIT can produce. Although it is mainly under the radar because good news often doesn't make the news, right now the UK is developing an Oxford-Cambridge corridor of advanced computing excellence (some of us would like to see that extended to an Oxford-Cambridge-Norwich corridor) that tied in with all the 'garage startups' in East London and the Docklands and the easy access to venture capital puts the UK in a really great position in the most important 21st century industry.

Why would the US hang on to their pre-eminence when place like Seattle, Portland and Southern Califonia are degenerating into woke hellholes, full of illegals, homeless, awash with drugs and gangs where accommodation is so expensive we see the rise of 'pod-living' for millennials. We are not without our own social problems in the UK but nothing like the US sanctuary cities.

And today more evidence comes from the IMF as reported in the Telegraph saying that the UK's economic forecasts show growth outstripping that of the Eurozone in the first two years after Brexit. Now put that into context. Project Fear said there would be an immediate decline in the economy after the Brexit referendum and another fall after Brexit. The IMF is forecasting that we will do actually better than the Eurozone - not in some far-off future but straight after Brexit. An amazing turn around from the IMF and a thumbs up to the UK. Here is a quote from the Telegraph:

The UK economy will outpace the struggling eurozone in the first two years after Brexit, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted for the first time.

Britain also outpaced the monetary union in 2019, giving it three straight years of faster growth, according to the IMF's latest forecasts.

The fund slashed growth across the eurozone, warning that a weaker German recovery and a slowdown in Spain will weigh on the region’s economy this year.

It also cut global economic forecasts again for 2020, but pointed to tentative signs that a worldwide slowdown is coming to an end.

Global growth will be 3.3pc this year and 3.4pc in 2021, the IMF said. This is down 0.1 and 0.2 percentage points respectively from its last forecast in October.

UK growth will accelerate to 1.4pc and 1.5pc in 2020 and 2021, respectively, as Brexit uncertainty starts to lift and business investment returns. The IMF said investor appetite has been boosted by hopes a hard Brexit will be avoided.

 

So if the UK is going to outgrow the Eurozone by being out of the EU, why would anyone want to remain in it? ūü§Ē

 

Edited by Jools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jess Phillips quits the Labour leadership race, which is a shame, because I would have voted for her as Labour leader. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Herman said:

He also works alongside Swindon's ex girlfriend. 

I am not going to enter a debased conversation with fantasist¬†RTB. He gives himself away at the start by¬†spouting hollow publicity material on Cambridge / Oxford corridor. I walk the walk.¬† However as I speak,¬†literally shall I sign a contract with Tower Jazz (and no it can't¬†be done in the UK). Then again there's always the Belgians (yes the¬†Belgians - I'm sure RTB knows who I'm talking about without doing any research ūüôā¬†- it's small wafer fab world (but not really in the UK - arh¬†the¬†Welsh)!.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RTB, you are confusing R&D with commercial exploitation. As several have pointed out, yes the UK is good at the first one of those, but the political and financial systems have miserably failed to support those advances from growing into major industries. If this Tory government had any intention of changing that, It would be most welcome, but before celebrating we’d all like to see some concrete evidence for it. 
 

As for your ill informed rant about the West Coast it represents the most productive sector of the US economy, offers the best weather for both agriculture and recreation, and has supports most diverse culture and population, hence it also has the highest housing costs in the US outside New York - but not even close to UK housing costs.
 

So return the Donald Trump talking points back to its sender, they are not worth the paper they were written on. Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego all top notch cities that also feature the uniquely US mix of wealth and poverty living side by side. That’s a feature of the US’s employerS and shareholders take all the benefits setup and why the UK needs to be very careful whom it aligns with. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No he didn't, she owns a shipping yard !

Is her instagram modelling just a part time thing then Swindo? ūüėāūü§£

Edited by Hoola Han Solo
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jools said:

 

So if the UK is going to outgrow the Eurozone by being out of the EU, why would anyone want to remain in it? ūü§Ē

 

Going by what the UK chancellor is saying that forecast is based on an entirely wrong-headed assumption:

UK growth will accelerate to 1.4pc and 1.5pc in 2020 and 2021, respectively, as Brexit uncertainty starts to lift and business investment returns. The IMF said investor appetite has¬†been boosted by¬†hopes a hard Brexit will be avoided. ÔĽŅ

Of course we shall see what happens, but the government's stated policy, far from avoiding a hard Brexit, is for the hardest Brexit possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Jess Phillips quits the Labour leadership race, which is a shame, because I would have voted for her as Labour leader. 

Shame as well. A good honest politician but maybe being too honest and not suffering fools isn't the help it used to be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

You are still talking about manufacturing. That has all moved to Asia a long time ago. I have worked for wafer plants in Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and China. 

The money is in design and development. That's we have to be good at. 

But he isn't really is he, that's just one among many technology examples.

It doesn't really matter whether you're talking about hardware, software, cloud based services or a combination of - there is a big step (a huge leap actually!) between a clever\innovative design and early development of something, and turning it into a commercial product, successfully marketing and selling it - that is where the real money is and UK companies have proven to be very good at the first stage, and extremely poor at the rest.

IMO there are two reasons for this. Firstly whilst we do seem to have more than our fair share of genuinely inventive and creative people they are not necessarily, or even usually, people who also have the skills (or the finance) to commercialise their ideas.

Secondly the UK business environment is really not helpful to small but innovative businesses - UK investors and big business mostly take ridiculously a short term view in financing projects\developments, and like it or not out there in the big wide world there are much wealthier players who watch the industry carefully, especially places like Cambridge (you are right about the quality there), and will happily take a punt on buying up promising small companies before they really take off. Add in that the Government provides minimal encouragement to small firms and happily encourages overseas investment (for that read 'overseas purchase of IPR') and it's no surprise that the UK is providing a lot of the brains but reaping very little of the rewards.

It would be great if we could change things around but I see no sign at all that we can. In fact whether we are talking manufacturing or services the trend appears to be very much one where the market leaders are tightening their grip on their markets and using their huge financial muscle to keep things that way by buying up potential competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2020 at 18:36, BigFish said:

The UK economy is in dire straits and a few "positive stories" are not going to change that. Brexit will inevitably make the situation worse in the short term and the Brexiteers should own that. That is not drowning in misery, that is realism and the UK will only progress if the government acknowledges the situation as it is, rather than what they would like it to be. The mistake you make is to confuse business stories with economic stories. The Arrival story was insignificant even after it was inflated for PR purposes. Ecomomists operate at levels of aggregate demand in terms of billions. Here are a few realistic stories of the situation the UK is in.

 

Good news on the jobs front



"The number of people in work grew more than expected in the three months to the end of November, to the highest rate since records began almost 50 years ago, easing concerns over the state of the economy and a possible interest rate cut. In the three months to November, the number of jobs rose by 208,000 in the UK compared with the previous three months, according to data from the Office for National Statistics. The figure is nearly double the 110,000 expected by economists polled by Reuters, and the second consecutive rise. The jobs rise was driven by a 149,000 increase in full-time employees, pushing the employment rate ‚ÄĒ the share of the working-age population with jobs ‚ÄĒ up to 76.3 per cent, the highest since records began in 1971"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2020 at 15:28, Mr Apples said:

Laurence Fox protest singer...he should probably stick to minor parts in ITV dramas? ūü§≠ūü§£

Apples

The **** is at it again. Showing up your pig ignorance, in public, once is bad, doing it again in a national newspaper is unforgivable. At least he has scuppered his acting career......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Herman said:

The **** is at it again. Showing up your pig ignorance, in public, once is bad, doing it again in a national newspaper is unforgivable. At least he has scuppered his acting career......

ūüėÄ Fox and Gervais should be given knighthoods for their tremendous work in destroying the woke libtards ūüėé

I had to watch the following video from last weeks QT numerous times -- It's delicious watching Chuckibutti and Brutey squirm ūü§£

I love this guy already- ripping the wokes apart in such a cool calm manner.

"Jeepers creepers" ūüėÄ

 

Edited by Jools

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Herman said:

The **** is at it again. Showing up your pig ignorance, in public, once is bad, doing it again in a national newspaper is unforgivable. At least he has scuppered his acting career......

ūüėÄ You, of all people, preaching about people being pig-ignorant ūüôÉ That's a cracker ūüėÄ You should've put that in the 'Joke' thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh assemblies all vote to withold consent to the Withdrawal bil. I guess in our new democracy they will all be ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...