Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Marshall to scum?

Why on earth would we help them??

....dont really think he appears to be Farkes cup if tea, probably only in a match day squad because he has the right passport , wouldnt be surprised if he did leave...but bloody hell not them, as suggested above rather to a relegation rival such as millwall

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

He's not getting the game time, and doesn't seem to fit in the Farke way of doing things, so if the club could recoup the money they paid for him in the summer, I think they'd take it. Would have thought Milwall were more likely.

However, we're really thin on the homegrown numbers.

• Like 1

It looks like nothing more than some intern at the sun putting 2 and 2 together and making 5

Marshall is not playing

Ipswich and Millwall may look to strengthen in Jan

Who can he bel linked to via a previous club or manager ?

TBH I'd never heard of him before he signed but there are two posts on this thread saying he's not Farke's type of player. In which case, why on earth did we sign him???

When we signed Marshall nobody expected Aarons to make the right back position his own. Emmi has made right midfield his own. So both Pinto and Marshall are feeding on scraps. This is what happens when players take their opportunities. 

• Like 1

We have to get through the January window without clubs raiding us yet. I doubt if Marshal is going anywhere until late in that window. If he does on loan then that is probably the end of him here.

....he was probably a webber signing rather than farke's who subsequently has had a look and decided he's not for him.....another marley watkins.

The writing was on the wall in the bournemouth cup game when a raft of changes were made to the team including passlack appearing on the right wing, marshall didnt even make the bench that night

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBH I'd never heard of him before he signed but there are two posts on this thread saying he's not Farke's type of player. In which case, why on earth did we sign him???

We bought him because he was one of Millwall's best players last season, and they ended up pushing for playoff places.

He's big, strong, can play on either flank, and can fill in at rightback. His best asset is arguably his crossing and has a decent shot on him.

The problem is that with the rapid development of Buendia and Cantwell, Marshall's now behind both of them and Hernandez, and Buendia and Cantwell both have greater footballing intelligence resulting in a more fluid play style.

Lambert reportedly played him at right back whilst he was at Blackburn - he has no chance of getting in our side at either right back or right wing.

As for helping the boys in Suffolk - wouldn't that actually be the ultimate humiliation for them? They already have one of most successful managers - lending them a couple of our players who aren't good enough for us but who are much better than what they have - I think that would be a good neighbourly thing to do.....

He did well at Millwall last season so he'd probably want to go back, no point going to 1p5wich, whatever happens there will always be an uphill struggle. 

In a bizarre way, this could benefit us.  He wouldn't be able to play against us and could get them some points against our rivals. I wouldn't be against it, if it were true.  But I can't see it...

45 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I'd rather he earned some points for Millwall Woody. 

fair point...

Marshall was predominantly bought in as back up no doubt, but equally I don't think anyone was expecting Aaron's and Buendia to block out that right side like they have. He was also unlucky with injury which let Aaron's have his chance