Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Draw for 3rd round of the FA Cup

Same, or  similar approach as was eventually the one used in the Carabao cup this season.

As we are currently sitting on top of the league this competition is NOT a priority. Yes indeed, it's nice to win games whatever the prize but it would be unforgivable if we were to advance in this competition at the expense of injury to key players (and each and every one is key at the moment, imo.)

An honourable defeat, in this round, against the likes of Man. U.or the other of the elite away from home would be ideal for me being a decent pay day and leaving the club, manager and players free from distraction in their quest for much richer rewards.

We are much more likely to achieve automatic promotion from our league than win the F.A. Cup. It's the priorities stupid!

Play second stringers, such as they are, and others currently on the fringes for various reasons.

The only team I would want us to beat would be ITFC, although a couple of easy pay days against lesser opposition at Carrow Road might not go amiss, I suppose

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

As always. Carlisle away for me.

Sorry but I've been to Carlisle and I don't want to go again😊. I would like someone like Portsmouth or Peterborough at home. Someone who would bring a big noisy following and play their first eleven. Like Luton but with a positive outcome 🙄

Well it won't be Carlisle, Mackems or Geordies nearest for the fans in the far north.

The mighty Woking, giantkillers.

Binners is the best draw at the moment by far, everything else is a bit meh. Maybe Shrewsbury as a thanks for looking after Godfrey and Carlton last season.

binners away would be like our charity gig.

Hopefully the paupers could fill up poorman road, and make some money (assuming they could keep it out of the hands of Evans).

Peterboro away as it is like an old fashioned league game.

One of the big ones at home, draw, then another money spinner away. Would be worth around a million. so a bit of moolah to use in Jan transfer window.

Leicester at home to see Maddison.

Any far flung away game as it allows some of the exiles a chance to watch City.

Not another Championship side though.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

binners away would be like our charity gig.

Hopefully the paupers could fill up poorman road, and make some money (assuming they could keep it out of the hands of Evans).

Peterboro away as it is like an old fashioned league game.

One of the big ones at home, draw, then another money spinner away. Would be worth around a million. so a bit of moolah to use in Jan transfer window.

Leicester at home to see Maddison.

Any far flung away game as it allows some of the exiles a chance to watch City.

Not another Championship side though.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/prize-fund

Is that above prize money accumulative?

(I doubt it rather.)

If it is I take back any reservations about progressing in this competition that I may have mentioned above. 

Whilst the prize money may not amount to a huge sum

a home sellout crowd followed by an away crowd at Arsenal, Chelsea amounts to a fair whack, more so when the game(s) are televised

that is where the money is made

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Each club gets 45% of the gate receipts and 42.5% for a replay.

err, yes

that was the point

Pointing it out for those who have not the financial expertise regarding such matters unlike yourself. if my post was aimed at you i would have used the quote facility. You had not provided any detail.

Unlike you I don't presume that there are readers of this forum who not aware that FA Cup games away at top PL clubs are quite lucrative. Or have 'financial expertise' as you would have it.

However I will provide an example from last season

" when Manchester United visited Cambridge United for the 3rd Round tie they game was shown live on TV and Cambridge made £144,000 with Television Fees for live broadcast. They held United to a 0-0 draw and earned a very lucrative replay where they also received £72,000 for Television fee .

Cambridge United took United to a replay at Old Trafford, although they lost the game 3-0 but they earned a massive fortune with 45% share of gate receipt which was reportedly around £1.2 million. "

Which does suggest that you might want to check that 42.5% figure you quoted.......financial expertise and all that 😚

(iv) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition
Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:
5% to The Association.
42.5% to each Club.
10% to the Pool.

Just looked at all the clubs going into tonight's draw and there are only 3 of the current 92 that  i have not done left in it. Fleetwood, Accrington and AFC Wimbledon so one of those away please.

59 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just looked at all the clubs going into tonight's draw and there are only 3 of the current 92 that  i have not done left in it. Fleetwood, Accrington and AFC Wimbledon so one of those away please.

Any of these would be nice along with Woking.

I didn't include Woking as they are not in the 92 Drazen and i would love to watch Norwich play on all of them but am stuck in the 80's at the moment.

Yep Woking would be a good day out however.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I didn't include Woking as they are not in the 92 Drazen and i would love to watch Norwich play on all of them but am stuck in the 80's at the moment.

Yep Woking would be a good day out however.

I am only in the 50s so anywhere new is OK with me and I love a good old terrace too.