hogesar

Forget mistakes, promotion, the table...

And just be glad youre a football supporter. 

One of those days to sit back and just enjoy. Lost my voice, have plastic indented into my shins and someone fell on me.

Totally worth it.

• Haha 1

Bang on Hogesar,  can hardly speak myself, both me and my daughter went crazy. As I said to her, a once in a decade kind of game that one!

Edited by Daz Sparks
spelling mistake

I was just thinking to myself that i dont think i have ever enjoyed being a norwich fan so much.

I was really young for Prem and Europe but even so, we were really inconsistent. There was never a period like this where we just destroyed all comers every game.

Lambert era was great but we won a league that we expected to do very well in with the league one title and the second season was brilliant and unexpected but we never dominated teams consistently, we were just outstanding at finding a way to win.

I guess Alex Neil's first season but we all knew we had a great squad that just weren't performing so it wasnt a total shock that we managed to get in the mix.

I guess the Worthington title with Hucks was pretty special and probably the closest ive ever seen to the purple patch we are currently enjoying.

This last 2 months has been unreal. We have lost one game through bad luck, and even then we totally dominated. Nobody has worked out a way to stop us, we are just an irresistible force.

This team has it all, heart, passion, incredible team spirit and unity. Skilful exciting players, goals from evrrywhere. 

What a time to be a Norwich fan.

• Like 2

At times like this you wonder that it might just me our season! A brilliant win but a few negatives for Farke to work on which is great as it stops the players being complacent. This is why I buy a season ticket and never leave a game early!

These are the best days, it doesnt come any better. What a side we've got, so much pace and movement and so many skillfull players.Yes a few mistakes but who cares when we get entertainment like that 😀

Dead right Captain,  how many late winners were scored under Lambert? Millwall, Reading, Derby a 3-3 at home to Blackburn... never leave early,  never understood it, would you walk out of the cinema 5 before the end of a film? ... got me venting now. 

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

a few negatives for Farke to work on which is great as it stops the players being complacent. 

I like this point. 

Just imagine the performances if they got a grip on the occasional sloppiness in their own half, or the penalty taking, or often needing to concede a goal in order to up their game, etc. 

Even better for the coaches to get our players imagining those improvements, and working towards them. 

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Dead right Captain,  how many late winners were scored under Lambert? Millwall, Reading, Derby a 3-3 at home to Blackburn... never leave early,  never understood it, would you walk out of the cinema 5 before the end of a film? ... got me venting now. 

LOL - I vented on here a few weeks ago about the shrill-voiced harridan who plans an early exit every game and drags the menfolk in her family off with her. She did the same today after being disgusted with Millwall's third.

Well.....hahahahahahahahahahaha!

6 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

LOL - I vented on here a few weeks ago about the shrill-voiced harridan who plans an early exit every game and drags the menfolk in her family off with her. She did the same today after being disgusted with Millwall's third.

Well.....hahahahahahahahahahaha!

That’s just excellent!

I think  our resilience and belief are as good- possibly better - as we had under Lambert. In recent weeks we’ve been behind away at Forest and at home vs Villa and twice yesterday. We’ve missed 3 penalties. Yet the team just pick themselves up and keep plugging away in the same style.

yesterday having come back from 1-0 down to 2-1 and the concede those two sloppy goals would have knocked the stuffing out of most teams. But not this one.

To be quite honest if we keep this up we could romp this league. No other of the leading sides has shown anywhere near the level of consistency that Farke's side have exhibited since the last international break.

It's been done with class as well and, as yesterday's bench showed, the strength in depth is as good as any other in the league.

Should we falter, then it seems that the worst we can expect is a place in the play-offs and that little gap opening up could become significant should we beat Swansea.

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

To be quite honest if we keep this up we could romp this league. No other of the leading sides has shown anywhere near the level of consistency that Farke's side have exhibited since the last international break.

It's been done with class as well and, as yesterday's bench showed, the strength in depth is as good as any other in the league.

Should we falter, then it seems that the worst we can expect is a place in the play-offs and that little gap opening up could become significant should we beat Swansea.

If me auntie  had ballcocks, she’d be a plumber 😉

It could happen & good to sound positive. More relevantly for me though, the run we’re on is likely to peter out or at least be interrupted at some point...

it happens to most teams, most seasons. This run was just vital to transcend the poor start and now to keep us in the mix.

Whilst there are other clubs who are in contention, or could quickly become so, snapping on our heels in the form tables, I won’t be as confident as you sound.

Also I see no little gap, just 0-2 points separating teams from 1st to 23rd (wonder who’s in 24th place?). 

You do get the ' dare to dream ' feeling after a game like that. Long way to go but stranger things have happened.

Those half season tickets should be flying off the shelves now and if we keep this up a waiting list will soon re-appear.

Not that people are fickle or anything.....

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

If me auntie  had ballcocks, she’d be a plumber 😉

It could happen & good to sound positive. More relevantly for me though, the run we’re on is likely to peter out or at least be interrupted at some point...

it happens to most teams, most seasons. This run was just vital to transcend the poor start and now to keep us in the mix.

Whilst there are other clubs who are in contention, or could quickly become so, snapping on our heels in the form tables, I won’t be as confident as you sound.

Also I see no little gap, just 0-2 points separating teams from 1st to 23rd (wonder who’s in 24th place?). 

Apologies for the positivity, won't do I know, but I did say if we kept it up and we can only go by results and what we see before us. A poster on here just stated that this spell was the best he thought City had played for a long, long time and I have to agree with that. The transformation first registered with me during the televised win at Loftus Road; the one which a churlish McClaren disputed the worthiness of. I was watching it with my brother-in-law and both of us long time, and getting slightly long in the tooth, supporters were in agreement that our play that day was quite exceptional.

Since then it has been consistently on that level for the most part and though it is unlikely to be maintained I also pointed out the inconsistency of our rivals at the top.

Since before the Season I have fancied Swansea to succeed this season and, although their results have been patchy, I still regard them as the biggest threat to the top six. Beat them in our next encounter then we will have opened up a ten point gap between us and a much fancied relegated side with some pedigree. Big, small or insignificant you can take your pick. By the way, six points now separates us from seventh place so things are looking healthy if it is accepted that a top six spot is the first thing we should be looking to achieve.  

They also say that one team is always likely to emerge from the pack later in the season and whilst both QPR and Birmingham are also, along with us, the current form horses I remain less convinced about both their chances of maintaining their runs than I do of City keeping it up.

As I said, sorry to be too positive but I for one prefer to react to what I see before me rather than stare at a half empty glass.🙂 Besides, if my auntie had balls then she'd probably be good enough to play up front for Ipswich. Now that lot do have cause to be negative, or at least to have any positive leanings tempered. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Ok, thought a different kind of gap was meant - e.g. peloton/leaders. The table will hopefully start to get stretched further from here.

Apologies are unnecessary (!), I probably envy more than condemn your confidence. I’m really enjoying the moment but kind of cautious to the last.

Also keep seeing the likes of Boro, Leeds, WBA and others ahead of us in various attribute stats and analysis charts that may be relevant to longer-term performance. Though the table is the all-important one & it “doesn’t lie” etc, it all reminds me that the margins are so small and things will change greatly over the next 30 games.

I still think that if Aston Villa can gel, they will be real contenders.............other than that, we have as good a chance as any, and better than most

I do and will always contend that football is, like the cliche, one game at a time. We have now had a succession of winning, exciting and entertaining games. So it is time for celebration and give praise and credit where it is due after each game. If you enjoyed then say so. If you didn't, then say so.

I don't care what league we are in as there is nothing to beat what we are experiencing at the moment. It is always us trying to beat he opposition and while we are doing that we should all bathe in the happiness.

• Like 1