Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Take a bow Lakey !

In my defence I’ve always been a supporter of Farke but the turn of form is staggering. Beautiful expansive football with no weak links from 1 to 11. 

Lakey was brave enough to foresee the potential and I amongst a few more on here laughed at his reasoning.

Humble apologies to the man up north and in essence I’m glad you were right and I wasn’t . 

• Like 3

Good thread:classic_wink:.  I'm delighted that things are going well - but there is still a long way to go this season. To be fair the quality of football recently has surpassed even my expectations, it's brilliant to watch. What a team we have and much credit should go to Farke and Webber for it - and also to the board for setting up the management structure that has seen this improvement. 

The club is moving in a good direction. Long may that continue!

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

The stopped clock phrase springs to mind.

Lakey has been convinced every manager we've had is amazing and just needs time.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

The stopped clock phrase springs to mind.

Lakey has been convinced every manager we've had is amazing and just needs time.

To be fair that is true. Imo the Gunn set up was a good one in terms of structure with him Crook and Deehan as a kind of Norwich dream team. Fell at the first hurdle of course, but it might have worked had we not been taken to the cleaners by Lambert that day. And we did have Holt and Wes there.  

Hughton I believed would do a good rebuilding job too and it worked the first season, but he couldn't see it through as the pressure and tension of such a tight PL was too much.  

I believed in Alex Neil too, but he seemed to lose his way in the end.

All good people and set up well by the board. You win some you lose some - but this time, the conditions have been right. Not being in the PL, some good players there already, some prospect of money to spend and a club who has proved attractive to important players like Pukki and Rhodes. 

Then let me predict that at some unknown time in the future Farke will either leave for pastures new or be sacked. Managers either move up or move on as history continually repeats itself.

Let's just enjoy it while it's good because it won't last forever.😀

41 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Then let me predict that at some unknown time in the future Farke will either leave for pastures new or be sacked. Managers either move up or move on as history continually repeats itself.

Indeed he will but the pleasing fact for me is how far we have moved on this season.  If truthful not many of us will believe we will be top 2 at the end of the year but top 6 is a sensible aim now.

Very few of us would have been as confident at the end of last season.

it looks like as a whole the club has moved forward and that can on,y be great floral now but as and when DF moves on then the better options we might have at that time.

OTBC

Yes, fair play Lakey.

I didn't necessarily disagree with what you said, just the number of times you said it! 😉

• Like 2

Been watching this play out for almost 50 years, it's crests and waves.  Managers come and go as do players, on average, if there is such a thing, we're too good for the Championship and not big enough to stay in the Premiership for a long period. It keeps us all coming back, just in case something special happens. 

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

It is possible to consign some history to history though, which is exactly what having a Director of Football is designed to do. The new history should be one in which a series of near-identikit coaches, all committed to broadly the same brand of football, seamlessly succeed one another, tasked only with getting the best out of a squad of carefully selected players well suited to, and comfortable with, the club's adopted style. Both Swansea and West Brom proved able to maintain this strategy of beneficial continuity successfully over a period of years at the top level, as have Brentford at the level below. And look what has happened to the former two once they departed from the script.

• Like 1

We haven't actually done anything yet, other than play well and win a few games. Lambert did it for 3 seasons and got us two promotions. Hughton kept us in the PL ; Neil got us promoted. Stringer, Walker, Bond, Brown all got Norwich teams playing fantastic football, winning games, promotions and our one trophy.

Farke is promising.  We haven't completely turned any corners yet. For the first time though, we have a squad and a club all playing the same style, and the depth of that first team squad is, I think, the best ever. We have players who would start for most clubs in this league who can't even get on the bench. The trouble may come once the opposition works out how to counter our way of playing - Neil was crucified for having no Plan B; we have yet to see if Farke does.

Plus we have genuinely had some luck - misses by opposition players who really should have scored, penalties against us not given, rebounds which have gone our way.

What is very funny is other clubs supporters reaction to us - from the Ipswich fan who is genuinely of the opinion that their squad is better than ours to the Leeds fan who is gobsmacked that having smashed us 3-0 we are now level with them.

I spoke with a Sheff Weds fan who thought we were lucky last week. Plus a QPR fan who thought they outplayed us when we won at their place and can't understand how we keep winning when we don't have any decent players.

26 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Plus a QPR fan who thought they outplayed us when we won at their place and can't understand how we keep winning when we don't have any decent players.

Well that guys a ****ing idiot.

We battered QPR.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Imo the Gunn set up was a good one in terms of structure with him Crook and Deehan as a kind of Norwich dream team.

Amazing

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Lakey still has a hang up with Snoddy please don't forget. 😜

He's not the only one ..............so did Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :classic_laugh:

27 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

He's not the only one ..............so did Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :classic_laugh:

Always thought Snoddy was a top player. Never could see what LDC was on about.

43 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Ricardo .........I was of course referring to RVW and THAT penalty altercation a few seasons back 

Norwich haven’t consistently ripped teams apart  away from home for a fair few seasons. I think that 4.0 emphatic win at Wednesday had long been in the post. 

The Middlesbrough performance (especially 2nd half) seemed to start the season. Maybe the catalyst was Cardiff in the cup but either way it’s a delight to watch now .

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I totally agree Ricardo, it's difficult to understand how he could be so positive about most things NCFC but so negative about one player.

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Plus we have genuinely had some luck - misses by opposition players who really should have scored, penalties against us not given, rebounds which have gone our way

By the same token, we’ve also had some bad luck go against us. Refereeing decisions, some poor finishing, second balls not falling for us. As they say, it all evens itself out over the season. I take nothing away from our recent run and form, we’ve been exceptional.

51 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

I totally agree Ricardo, it's difficult to understand how he could be so positive about most things NCFC but so negative about one player.

Some people seem to need a scapegoat, Lapps. Snoddy has his faults but they are far outweighed by his virtues. 

44 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Some people seem to need a scapegoat, Lapps. Snoddy has his faults but they are far outweighed by his virtues. 

He was not a scapegoat for me, the whole team were poor that second season.  I just didn't rate him as a team player and I thought that before he even signed for Norwich and was disappointed we got him.  His histrionics, every time he overan or lost the ball, his selfish play and the nonsense over the penalty against Villa seemed to vindicate my opinion of him. 

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He was not a scapegoat for me, the whole team were poor that second season.  I just didn't rate him as a team player and I thought that before he even signed for Norwich and was disappointed we got him.  His histrionics, every time he overan or lost the ball, his selfish play and the nonsense over the penalty against Villa seemed to vindicate my opinion of him. 

It’s because you were so determined in your championing of RvW, that when it turned out he was a total flop, instead of leaving it there, you used Snodgrass as a scapegoat for his whole Norwich career, so you didn’t look ‘wrong’ in any way.

2 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

It’s because you were so determined in your championing of RvW, that when it turned out he was a total flop, instead of leaving it there, you used Snodgrass as a scapegoat for his whole Norwich career, so you didn’t look ‘wrong’ in any way.

No. RVW was nowhere near Norwich when I first expressed my thoughts about him.

• Sad 1