PurpleCanary

President Trump

Oh look! Trump's Adams family legal team fail again

Judge throws out Trump bid to stop PA vote certification (msn.com)

Judge throws out Trump bid to stop PA vote certification

"A federal judge issued a scathing order Saturday dismissing the Trump campaign's futile effort to block the certification of votes in Pennsylvania, shooting down claims of widespread irregularities with mail-in ballots."

"US District Court Judge Matthew Brann wrote in his order that Trump had asked the court to disenfranchise almost 7 million voters.

'One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome, a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments and factual proof of rampant corruption,' Brann wrote, so much that the court would have no option but to stop the certification even though it would impact so many people. 

That has not happened."

The real eye-opener is to consider what Trump would of been like, what democracy in the USA would of been like if he'd won given his attitude today to democracy when he loses !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Herman said:

Beautifully put by a Republican and lawyer with integrity. I hope the Trump Adams family legal shambles look on and feel shamed (they won't of course).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The real eye-opener is to consider what Trump would of been like, what democracy in the USA would of been like if he'd won given his attitude today to democracy when he loses !

That's almost too scary to contemplate.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

I said a few months ago that I thought he would try and rip up the two term rule if he got in a second time. I watched Erdogan do it in Turkey and install himself as a de facto dictator, I've little doubt Trump would have tried to pursue a similar path.

11 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I said a few months ago that I thought he would try and rip up the two term rule if he got in a second time. I watched Erdogan do it in Turkey and install himself as a de facto dictator, I've little doubt Trump would have tried to pursue a similar path.

He did actually say he could serve two or three more terms ("jokingly")

"You're alleging that the two individual plaintiffs were denied the right to vote. But at bottom, you're asking this court to invalidate more than 6.8 million votes, thereby disenfranchising every single voter in the Commonwealth. Could you tell me how this result could possibly be justified?"

Judge Brann's (registered Republican) response to Giuliani's (only) court appearance.

Meanwhile thousands still die each day of Covid while Trump plays golf.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, horsefly said:

He did actually say he could serve two or three more terms ("jokingly")

................of imprisonment ?

Hey Jools... who's going to release the Kraken now that Trumps legal team just fired Ms Powell? 

Powell fired.jpg

With a legal team like that it's no wonder that a lot of trump associates have ended up in prison. 🤣

Carl Bernstein names 21 Republican senators who have ‘privately’ expressed ‘extreme contempt’ for Trump (msn.com)

The journalist tweeted: “I'm not violating any pledge of journalistic confidentiality in reporting this: 21 Republican Sens–in convos w/ colleagues, staff members, lobbyists, W House aides–have repeatedly expressed extreme contempt for Trump and his fitness to be POTUS.”

He added: “The 21 GOP Senators who have privately expressed their disdain for Trump are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.