Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

BBC report on Maddison move

I do hope our naughty board are not trying to squeeze all they can out of the buyers
that would be rather unseemly

The odd thing would be that we''ve now announced £30-35million worth of sales, which is bound to drive up the prices we pay for players.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]The odd thing would be that we''ve now announced £30-35million worth of sales, which is bound to drive up the prices we pay for players.[/quote]Yep! Should have settled for half that....

[quote user="lappinitup"]Yep! Should have settled for half that....[/quote]

It''s great business. But it reminds me of the time Glenn Roeder had agreed to sign Alan Gow, and had agreed personal terms. Then the Peter Cullum story came out and his agent tried to get more money, suddenly thinking we were loaded.

A good deal for all concerned. Madders has a very special talent and has been a lovely lad to go along with it. Been wonderful to see him here but he is clearly ready to play his part as a Premier player, so a good move for him. Also a good deal financially for City and for Coventry to. I dont usually care about other clubs dealings but in this instance i dont begrudge Coventry a slice of the transfer fee, he is a Coventry lad and im sure has a part of him inside that will always remain sky blue and of course, yellow and green also.
Now that its done we can move on, there will be life after Madders for City, as there will always when any player leaves, im forever the optimist and looking forward to see City and their new recruits for the coming season. OTBC.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]The odd thing would be that we''ve now announced £30-35million worth of sales, which is bound to drive up the prices we pay for players.[/quote]
Nonsense
We will pay what a player is worth to us, that''s all.

I don''t think we have announced incoming of £35m.(approx)

Everyone else seems to say it''s that and it probably is but we don''t announce incoming fees.they are undisclosed.

It''s not the club''s fault ppl will guesstimate.

Speaking of madders tho, and 1 for the conspiracy theorists, how come he''s spoke about Leicester on Twitter but no thanks or byes to the club or fans here...boooooooo lol...seriously. I''m sure he will say something soon and we might get to say bye when the eng under 21s play here..unless he''s in full squad by then

“Can’t go without saying a massive massive thank you to everyone involved with Norwich City. From Delia & Michael, to Stuart and the Boss. Can’t forget my brilliant teammates and most importantly you amazing fans! I can’t thank you enough! You installed confidence in me and .....I am now a canary for life”

Top bloke👍

“(You)gave me the freedom to go and be the player I wanted to be, so I will be forever grateful for that. You didn’t get on my back if I made a mistake and you supported me whether I was scoring worldies or getting tackled near my own goal.😂 I hope Norwich gets back to where it belongs”

He''s been a class act on and off the pitch, and let''s be honest, has been an absolutely phenomenal signing for us from both a playing and financial perspective.

Genuinely wish him all the very best and can see him being in the England senior squad sooner rather than later.

Wish him all the best. Made a huge impression this year and no doubt has a very bright future. Leicester seems like a good choice for him. Thanks madders & good luck.