Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Crawley Behind Closed Doors.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Did you put a Delia mask on Til, or are you up a tree , with a pair of binoculars?[/quote]
Tilly went in disguise.......
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/20/21/4580554A00000578-0-image-m-6_1508532582364.jpg

2-0 up with my mate Srbeny after 71 minutes and Steipermann after 79 minutes the scorers.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Did you put a Delia mask on Til, or are you up a tree , with a pair of binoculars?[/quote]
Tilly went in disguise.......
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/20/21/4580554A00000578-0-image-m-6_1508532582364.jpg
[/quote]
disguise ?

I bet you £100 that is not me City1st but then again you don''t take on bets so i notice elsewhere.

err, I never claimed it was
(but nice to see you keep abreast of other threads)

Three wins out of three so far, against top opposition from lower leagues. I get the feeling some of the doom-mongers will be changing course very soon.

Max Aarons ended up getting 90 minutes in a match where none of the other U-23s featured, so maybe he''s close to the first team squad (or at least they''ll try to loan him out)

[quote user="Herman"]Three wins out of three so far, against top opposition from lower leagues. I get the feeling some of the doom-mongers will be changing course very soon.
[/quote]
Today''s top lower league team had Harry Kewell''s No.2 Warren Feeney playing at 37 years old even though he is officially retired as a player. [:P]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 12/07/2018 6:57 PM:

I bet you £100 that is not me City1st but then again you don''t take on bets so i notice elsewhere.

Strange that cos he is always so sure he is right.

Friendlies

if you win it is a sign that things are going well and we are going to have a good season

if you lose it is only a fitness game and it means nothing

"Three wins out of three so far, against top opposition from lower leagues. I get the feeling some of the doom-mongers will be changing course very soon."

We had some excellent pre season results under Bryan Gunn too.

king canary wrote the following post at 13/07/2018 8:09 AM:

"Three wins out of three so far, against top opposition from lower

leagues. I get the feeling some of the doom-mongers will be changing

course very soon."

We had some excellent pre season results under Bryan Gunn too.

It all means nothing, every preseason there is a temptation to make it into something it isnt. Good opertunity however to get a little look at new faces, and those returning from injury.

Exactly Van Wink

A successful pre season is one where you lose every game but go on to have a good season. Results are meaningless.

It''s all about fitness and team spirit at this stage. New players need to integrate into the squad and players returning from injury need to get up to speed. Winning is nice, obviously, and you want to win every game but it doesn''t really matter.

[quote user="Herman"]Three wins out of three so far, against top opposition from lower leagues. I get the feeling some of the doom-mongers will be changing course very soon.[/quote]

Laugh out loud silly... Pre season form is as much an indication of the season to come as it is likely that Naismith will end up at Real Madrid😂

Ps hope you are right though

We won 6 and drew 2 of our 8 friendlies last season. So I''ll keep ignoring friendly results when considering next season cheers.

You can bet your bottom dollar though that people wouldn''t be ignoring friendly results when considering next season if we had lost four out of four. Cheers.

My thoughts Gordon. If we hadn’t won a single game so far, and our strikers hadn’t gotten a goal or two, many people on here would be in meltdown.

Personally of the thought that the results are meaningless, but seeing how the players do and their ability is indicative. So far so good.

Results mean nothing at this stage but several players starting to shine. Srbeny and Pukki and Thompson definitely, McLean and Leitner previously and perhaps the greatest improvement is Hernandez.

If Farke works his magic on these players as he did with Maddison and Lewis, it could be a memorable season.

4 out of 5 ain''t bad, as Meatloaf once sang. I might lower my expectations to play offs though.