Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Norwich City Fans Social Club - Our Next Event - Fans Forum

Just a reminder that our Fans Forum is next Thurs (16th)  doors open at 6:45pm and every single  one of you will be most welcome

So come & ask your questions, mingle with ncfc fans, have a drink & enjoy a fun night out
Fans Forum 2018

Mingle ?  You are usually running around telling everybody at the bar to sit down on a seat 15 minutes before it even starts. [:D]

Perhaps Tilly u can do your mingling at the bar after the forum finishes rather than 5 mins before its due to start

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Disappointed I won''t be able to make it on Thursday after all, have to go back north on Wednesday. Hope it''s a good one, will get to one of these one day!
[/quote]
Gutted! Didn''t see you Saturday either[:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"]
Disappointed I won''t be able to make it on Thursday after all, have to go back north on Wednesday. Hope it''s a good one, will get to one of these one day!
[/quote]
[/quote]
[:D] I''ll pop in the Nelson after tonight''s match and lecture to anyone that wants to listen.......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[:D] I''ll pop in the Nelson after tonight''s match and lecture to anyone that wants to listen.......
[/quote]
So you won''t be lecturing then [:D]

Club deserves quite a bit of credit for how transparent it has been in recent times- great to see guys like Webber and Stone getting out and speaking to fans at events like this.

48 hours to go now for this guys, come on down its going to be a good night. Hope your all geared up with your questions.

[:#]Sshhhhh....
[:-*]Don''t tell Diane but I''m on the door and will let all Pink Un Posters in for just three quid and kids for a quid.

Damn. I have a board meeting this eve. However, it''s only just off the A47 at Honingham so I''ll try and get there if we finish early enough!

Thats the first forum I have been to and I have to say it was very good.Stone and Webber were very open and honest. Thank you for organising it

Thanks to everyone who came to the fans forum tonight, was really pleased that so many people turned up & had fun.

Probably some of the best feedback we''ve had from an event, everyone seemed to enjoy Steve & Stuart''s honesty, their great sense of humour & they complimented each other really well. Didn''t shirk from any questions plus Darren Eadie was again the perfect host

Really appreciate your support pinkun posters , it means a lot

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Insightful and probing question from Waveney.[/quote]

What question was that?

Thanks to Diane and her team for organising everything last night - it was a really enjoyable evening.Webber is quite a comedian - I loved his story about Delia squaring up to the Ipswich Chairman after the last match at Portman Road and having to be separated!

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/august/fans-forum/

Here you go Icecream, sorry donno how to make it a clicky

[quote user="Grumpy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Insightful and probing question from Waveney.
[/quote]

What question was that?[/quote]
My guess is it was this one.

20:43

Q: How sustainable is the self-funding model and do we need a rich backer?

Stone: It''s difficult to compete against rich clubs. But we are a self-funding club, and we feel we are competitive now.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Grumpy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Insightful and probing question from Waveney.
[/quote]

What question was that?[/quote]
My guess is it was this one.

20:43

Q: How sustainable is the self-funding model and do we need a rich backer?

Stone: It''s difficult to compete against rich clubs. But we are a self-funding club, and we feel we are competitive now.

Sources close to Waveney confirm that is the question he asked and he also asked the Ipswich board question as well

[/quote]

Interesting point made by Stone that players such as Naismith were not still on Premiership wages and that Delia and Michael held all the shares and they were not in trust for nephew Tom.I got the impression that it surprised one or two present.

The connection between bringing on academy players to count as home grown/produced players and also the knock on effect to the increase in their value was not something that had occurred to me.

The write up on the official site was a bit depressing in that it just talked about how much we could sell players for, rather than about what they could do for us on the pitch.