Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Marcus Edwards

Seemed a strange signing at the time, in a position where we have a fair few options. Unless we were preparing for a late Maddison bid and wanted to make sure we had options?

Bad attitude

Would not clean the toilets during his job placement

Wonder if it was also down to a cheap option for meeting squad home-grown requirements whilst players were out injured?

Very strange one anyway.

Well it wasn''t that odd. Webber has decent contacts and probably thought having him on a free for a while and seeing if they could sort his attitude problems would be good for everyone involved. The fact it hasn''t happened hasn''t cost us.

Still pretty odd.

We were still in with a chance of top 6 at the time- the right signing could have propelled us onwards. Instead we bought in a guy who managed 5 minutes on the pitch for us. As others said at the time, it isn''t our job to put Spurs lost boys back on the straight and narrow.

I have a feeling the young man will be making the headlines for all the wrong reasons in the future. FF has mentioned the wasted talent of Ravel Morrison and i will trump him with Nile Ranger.

I''m not privy to inside market information, but if we did pay anything at all it would have been very little.

Definitely a really odd loan signing, but hey, win some lose some.

Nothing to do with Farke getting him ready to come on against QPR, they score a 4th goal and he tells him to put his top on and go back in the dug out? Not the best way to give him confidence.

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Nothing to do with Farke getting him ready to come on against QPR, they score a 4th goal and he tells him to put his top on and go back in the dug out? Not the best way to give him confidence.[/quote]I don''t think it was his confidence that was the problem.

If there was any ''problem'' whether that it be an attitude, training or fitness ''problem''......How come young Edwards made the bench?.....

"Telegraph Sport understands a number of issues contributed to

Edwards’ disappointing spell at Norwich, including his poor

time-keeping.It is believed he failed to arrive on time for a single training

session and was also late for team meetings, much to the bewilderment of

Norwich’s senior professionals.His attitude and failure to engage with the rest of Norwich’s squad

surprised the other players, although sources at Tottenham point out

that Edwards has an introverted personality that can be misunderstood."https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/11/spurs-wonderkid-marcus-edwards-has-attitude-mentality-questioned/

"Tottenham are set to waive any remaining fees due to them from Norwich as part of the loan"

Oh...but I was told he didn''t cost us anything?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Still made the bench......[/quote]True Mello, it seems the club gave him every chance but for whatever reason, he didn''t take it. Silly boy.

[quote user="king canary"]Oh...but I was told he didn''t cost us anything?[/quote]Who exactly told you that Kingo?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="king canary"]Oh...but I was told he didn''t cost us anything?[/quote]Who exactly told you that Kingo?[/quote]Hogesar told us in two different posts on page one Lapps. I wonder where he got that info from ?

Dumb move all round by NCFC.

We neither needed him as a player nor as a person and now it seems it did cost us.

I thought that the days when the club bled money with gay abandon had come to an end.

Farke said in January "We got the feeling we could take him because there is no financial risk

with a loan. We have really good conditions and we can only win". I imagine because of his attitude problems there was no loan fee, we simply covered his wages while he was here. It didn''t work out so nothing lost, nothing gained. Shame.