Sign in to follow this  
Bill

oh dear, poor old binners

Top of the table, well ahead of us and yet again they threw it awayAny wonder they are now playing in front of a half empty stadium[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/mrjug2/media/PR_zpskbqdzvm6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/mrjug2/PR_zpskbqdzvm6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Seen a few of these photos on Twitter today, it''s woeful really, what they gonna do come Christmas when they''re in the relegation zone?

Serioys question City 1st - Why do you keep changing your name, we all know its you so whats the point?

[quote user="Diane"]Serioys question City 1st - Why do you keep changing your name, we all know its you so whats the point?[/quote]If you know who it iswhat''s the point of keep asking ?

[quote user="king canary"]I was about to ask the same- although to be fair if I was him I''d want people to forget my previous posts.[/quote]how very kind of you to read them most folk don''t

I watched the first half of that game as it was on stream.

Not quite as sad as it might seem as I was setting up my box of tricks in preparation for the City game and saw them listed.

The Bristol City forwards ripped them a lesson in that time. The ITFC defense is quite awful and their midfield lacking to the extent that they made their visitors look like Barcelona at times.

However, I wish we had that young Reid on our books. A super little player who on their respective days made our Josh seem like a pedestrian poser. Reid was very unlucky not to score and hit the bar with a screamer after running a few rings around the clumsy bunch he was up against. Eventually he did score apparently.

It''s natural for all supporters to over-estimate their players, especially the youngsters, but on this showing the Bristol player was much better than either Murphy, imo.

As for the Refuse Disposal Officers, I think it''s beginning to dawn upon them that their squad are quite an ordinary bunch after all and that they are vulnerable even against half-decent sides. A visit to their forum for the purposes of having a little gloat reveals that they are getting nervous about derby day.

They blame their injury list, which is now not as bad as ours (especially with the absence of Pritchard long term and Oliveira of late) as if it''s a unique problem to themselves and not all others ... including the England side this coming week.

14, 000 and declining. The blue sears were dominating.

It''s nice to see that their hardcore fanbase can now, with a little help from the club, count all the way up to seven.

15th consecutive season in the championship, 700+ games not out. The binmen get the Long-service award, must be due another star on their shirts.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I thought it was Waveney 😀[/quote]
Haven''t seen Waveney on here last couple of weeks, though never know who he is until Lapps updates his list [:)]
[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2/3562232/ShowPost.aspx#3562232[/url]

"15th consecutive season in the championship, 700+ games not out. The binmen get the Long-service award, must be due another star on their shirts."

You know djc when I visit their forum one thing that always amuses me is their need to reel off similar little quips about our club.

Apart from the silly in-bred stuff, we get regular references to open-top buses and a thing about ''participants'' which is due to a reference on a publication about our European involvement under Walker.

There are a few of these and each time these rib-tickers are reeled out with such appalling consistency I get the impression that the respective fourth form remover thinks he is being very original and so hilariously funny.

We don''t have many about them. The star thing being one. This fourth former found it funny. Keep it up.

As for open top buses, one such would need just half a gallon to drive around their pokey little town centre?

Were we not deprived of quite a bit of European ''participation,'' prior to the Walker era, by the Liverpool ban?

On a serious note I''m surprised that they aren''t getting more than 14500 of their own fans at games. I appreciate they''ve been in the championship for a long 15 years but they have made a few signings this season and they are near the top.

Other than our game wonder what it will take to get their fans back??

[quote user="Diane"]On a serious note I''m surprised that they aren''t getting more than 14500 of their own fans at games. I appreciate they''ve been in the championship for a long 15 years but they have made a few signings this season and they are near the top.

Other than our game wonder what it will take to get their fans back??[/quote]A time machine.

[quote user="Diane"]On a serious note I''m surprised that they aren''t getting more than 14500 of their own fans at games. I appreciate they''ve been in the championship for a long 15 years but they have made a few signings this season and they are near the top.

Other than our game wonder what it will take to get their fans back??[/quote]

Free admission + £10, but I''m not sure that would work.

[quote user="Diane"]Other than our game, wonder what it will take to get their fans back??[/quote]Probably a multi-billionaire owner who''s actually going to spend money on players and improving that dump of a ground, rather than looking to cash in whenever possible...

All teams have ups and downs. It''s just that their down period seems to be rather long.

[quote user="ricardo"]All teams have ups and downs. It''s just that their down period seems to be rather long.[/quote]
indeed Rickyyyy. I guess the spotty oiks who were excitedly waving fivers and tenners at us when Evans came to town are approaching middle age now...

Yes, they should have been playing in Europe by now.

I''m afraid the truth is that Marcus Evans was merely picking up some debt very cheaply.

Its taken a lot of them 5 years or more to realise that Marcus was only in it for himself though there were a few wise ones who could see it for what it was. He wont be going anywhere soon, the financial situation there suits him, what is it 90m debt now?

Other than our game wonder what it will take to get their fans back??[/quote]

Their attendance is directly related to the ST sales. They have been reducing year on year - so bad, that they wouldn''t even announce them this year ! Previous seasons have seen large numbers of their ST holders stay away from games. If there was a reason to attend then, the game was free - whereas now it is £30 (?). That will impact on the number of casual fans.They''ve been making signings every summer since they were relegated in 2002. The problem is those signings have been freebies and the injury prone, who are cheap. The evidence is on the pitch as well as in the league table.Whilst the bin folk may not be the brightest even they can see the club is going nowhere with a majority shareholder who is asset stripping and dorsn''t really give a toss about the club. Look who is the CEO. The club continues it''s terminal decline. How long before Evans cobbles together something with the council and the paupers are shoved off to shack up with Colchester at the appropriately named Cuckoo farm ?Only relegation, which should generate a change of ownership will change their fortunes. That looks more imminent by the week.

[quote user="Diane"]Its taken a lot of them 5 years or more to realise that Marcus was only in it for himself though there were a few wise ones who could see it for what it was. He wont be going anywhere soon, the financial situation there suits him, what is it 90m debt now?[/quote]

You must remember you''re not dealing with a particularly intelligent level of life form. I''m not sure that they''ve realised yet what Evans is up to, it''s completely beyond their powers of understanding. Most don''t accept that the £90m is in fact any sort of debt!

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Diane"]Its taken a lot of them 5 years or more to realise that Marcus was only in it for himself though there were a few wise ones who could see it for what it was. He wont be going anywhere soon, the financial situation there suits him, what is it 90m debt now?[/quote]

You must remember you''re not dealing with a particularly intelligent level of life form. I''m not sure that they''ve realised yet what Evans is up to, it''s completely beyond their powers of understanding. Most don''t accept that the £90m is in fact any sort of debt![/quote]Or that moving their training ground out of the club to an offshore Guernsey company is a bit suspect.Milne''s admittance that all transfer income is handed over to a pool of other ME companises.... to get a better rate of interest ! ! !Sort of ''resting'' in one of his accounts, we have to presume.

i expect their attendances may drop furter as the season rogresses.Given that, along with othe clubs, they count all ST''s as attending,  we have to presume there are around 4000 casual seats being sold. It is that area that any drop off will be noted.With the visit of their wealthy neighbours the figues give around 18,000 casual seats available.If we beat Hull I cannot see them selling much more than half of thempoor old binners

a farmhand writes"In our current situation the derby is as big a game as it comes"twtd today