Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

I thought everyone had a price?

Isn''t that what Webber said? So if someone ups the bid for Murphy then will he be sold even though we are now being told he''s not for sale!

I hope the club can resist selling one of our best young players, but if we are truly struggling for cash to rebuild then what figure will we sell at? No less than 15 million I hope!

I don''t think anyone from the club has come out and said he isn''t for sale. Everyone is for sale if the price is right. And if someone is offering £15m for Murphy then we would be silly to not take it.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Front page saying he''s not for sale[/quote]Yes, but it is under the section "Norwich City transfer rumours". Even if this is the club''s stance, it could mean "there are three clubs interested in him so we''re going to say he''s not for sale to try and tempt someone into making a huge bid". Everyone''s playing a game to get the best deals they can for their club. If we say he IS for sale, other clubs will bid lower because they know we are planning to sell.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Isn''t that what Webber said? So if someone ups the bid for Murphy then will he be sold even though we are now being told he''s not for sale!

I hope the club can resist selling one of our best young players, but if we are truly struggling for cash to rebuild then what figure will we sell at? No less than 15 million I hope![/quote]That''s how the game is played Baldy.Many clubs will use the ''not for sale at any price'' line, but when a club like Madrid or Chelsea come knocking offering 70+ million, then it''s a completely different ball game, and it''s no different the further down the pyramid you go.We can fairly easily say no to clubs offering 8-10mil for Jacob, but what if say Man City turned up offering the same money as they paid for Sterling (they won''t obviously)? Do you honestly think it would be in the club''s interest to turn that sort of offer down regardless of saying a player is not for sale previously?I really hope both Jacob and Josh stay with us, I''m still hoping that we might see both of them on opposing wings tearing the hell out of the opposition, but at the same time I''m not blind the the financial situation, or the potential lure that a top flight club could offer a young player, but like you, I''d want 15mil to be no more than the opening bid in a negotiation, with a final price of 25 mil+ to truly make it happen, if teams want to poach our best talent, they can f**king well pay through the nose for it - just like City did with Sterling...

Every player at every club has a price, it''s just a matter of finding what it is. I would think we''d try to price Murphy out of reach for many.

Maybe no buy out clause in Jacob''s contract would have thought there would be as incentive to sign 4 year contract. If not well played someone Balls would have given away for peanuts.

Transfers, transfer windows and clubs reactions have been going on for years so why is it that some people are still confused by the process?

Even Messi and Ronaldo are for sale at the right price. At a guess I would say £12 million and he will be gone.

Having sold Howson and Dorrans must also strengthen our position. Those sales will balance the books and give us some to spend so any potential buyer can''t try and beat us down because we need the money!

If we sell him, it''s got to be for a substantial fee we can''t afford to turn down!

Depends what they (the Board) want. We won''t get out of the Championship in a Northerly direction by selling the players (Murphy''s, Oliveira, Pritchard etc) that give us our best chance of acheiving that ambition.These are the players that will make a difference in this League and by selling one or more of them you will not improve the squad by spending the money on inferior replacements.

if they want him enough then theyll get him

this club is a selling club, and he will go for well below what other similar players with his ability will have sold for because its what city always do

[quote user="iron_stan"]if they want him enough then theyll get him

this club is a selling club, and he will go for well below what other similar players with his ability will have sold for because its what city always do[/quote]

What, like Robbie Brady? Bought for £7 million then sold 18 months later for £13 million despite never having delivered, except for when he was playing for Republic of Ireland?

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="iron_stan"]if they want him enough then theyll get him

this club is a selling club, and he will go for well below what other similar players with his ability will have sold for because its what city always do[/quote]

What, like Robbie Brady? Bought for £7 million then sold 18 months later for £13 million despite never having delivered, except for when he was playing for Republic of Ireland?[/quote]

After the way he played in Euros he was worth £25 million, people would remember him being a left sided midfielder not stuck at Left Back by Alex Neil.

No way was he worth £25million. We got very good money for him, and judging by the last few months, 1 goal, 2 assists, he''s highly unlikely to be seeing that type of money paid for a while.

simmo_2 wrote the following post at 11/07/2017 8:03 PM:

After the way he played in Euros he was worth £25 million, people would remember him being a left sided midfielder not stuck at Left Back by Alex Neil.

25 million for Robbie Brady? Get off the funny fags simmo!