Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Steven Naismith excited for NCFC future.

Naismith''s understanding of movement, shape and the utilisation of space is way better than most Norwich players (and clearly beyond the grasp of some on here). I wouldn''t be surprised if, for that reason, Farke sees a crucial role for him next season. Might still be trumped by financial considerations though.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 04/06/2017 3:36 AM:

"Naismith''s understanding of movement, shape and the utilisation of space is way better than most Norwich players"

Particularly he letter Y shape he makes fully stretching both arms upwards and to the side utilising all the space around him.😀

But yes you have a point 👍

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]He''s offered very little since joining, had a about 5 good 45 min spells in 18 months.

And who did? Very few. And what we paid for him and his wages are the club''s stupid fault.[/quote]Hoolahan, Oliveira, Jake Murphy, Jerome and Howson all performed much better, far more constantly than Van Naismith. Even Pritchard and Josh Murphy offered more to the team than the standard arm waving and moaning at all and sundry when it wasn''t going his way. Get rid if possible, won''t be missed.

Naismith along with tettey and Martin are prime examples of our older experienced players who take too long on the ball before they do anything with it, often resulting in them giving the ball away.

Hoolahan, Pritchard, the Murphy''s et al are all better technical players. If we want a hard worker, perhaps we can buy a dog and get it a stick to chase.

I guess it probably all really translates as ''Naismith- I''m happy to be paid £40k a week and unless someone matches that I''m staying put''

Thing is King, that doesn''t really tally up with Naismith''s persona, so to speak.

Always been a committed person anyway, but on top of that is quite a generous individual too:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/12043942/Steven-Naismith-the-nicest-man-in-football.html

Agreed there are a lot of things about the Naismith package that could be an asset to our club, both on and off the field.

At the same time there are also things about it which amount to a sheet anchor prohibiting progress, his wages, his age and his style of play.

If Farke can harness the latter with effect the first two might not matter so much.

On balance, I feel that most of us would be delighted to accept a decent fee in exchange for the player. I am very much against giving him away as such because he could finally be a revelation and because he clearly has value.

Probably end up being the most expensive sub in the Championship - certainly the highest paid one.

While Norwich can probably just about afford his wages this season, if they aren''t promoted he will be a massive burden the following one.

By Naismith staying Norwich might be forced to sell someone like Maddison to cover his wages. A real shame if the club won''t be able to ship him out this summer.

I''m sure Stuart Webber is doing everything in his power to move Naismith on. If he''s still here come next season it will only be because we literally can''t give him away.

Unfortunately what Naismith offers the team doesn''t come close to what he costs the club.

He''s been a huge disappointment.