Sign in to follow this  
The Unsullied

It's all terribly negative in here

I don''t think that debating what is going wrong at the moment is always whining. Some is, but some is just trying to analyse the issues sensibly and perhaps see if there is a consensus. I would suggest that whining is complaining about small stuff when actually things are OK and going around looking for trivial issues. The stuff going wrong at the moment is not insignificant. It is worth discussing.

I don''t disagree Tumbleweed. But discussing the exact same issues in every single thread, over and over, is hardly constructive, or likely to get us any closer to answers.

Each to their own I guess, but it seems like every single thread I open says pretty much the same thing as the last thread.

Our defence is rubbish.

I knew Alex Neil was rubbish about 3 games after Wembley / I told you so.

Delia out.

Why isn''t jez moxey more like Mcnally?

Why doesn''t Lafferty get more games?

Etc etc etc.......

That''s fair enough morty but thread proliferation is a common problem and not confined to this issue. How many "Hughton has been sacked" or "Adams In" etc type threads do we get every time something major happens? I don''t think there is an easy answer to that other than the dreaded days of moderation and someone combining threads together manually. Until then we probably just have to sort the wheat from the chaff ourselves and decide which one(s) to follow.

Most of the wheat can be found on the message board though. It''s the only place you''re likely to find out something new...

morty wrote the following post at 08/11/2016 10:53 AM:

I don''t disagree Tumbleweed. But discussing the exact same issues in every single thread, over and over, is hardly constructive, or likely to get us any closer to answers.

Each to their own I guess, but it seems like every single thread I open says pretty much the same thing as the last thread.

Our defence is rubbish.

I knew Alex Neil was rubbish about 3 games after Wembley / I told you so.

Delia out.

Why isn''t jez moxey more like Mcnally?

Why doesn''t Lafferty get more games?

Etc etc etc.......

If you don''t like it Morty why don''t you flounce off to Norwichtalk again. Looks like they could do with a poster over there.

This is a good board!

So, remind me, what name did you used to post under, and why did you change your name?

Nothing wrong with this forum, some interesting posts on the structure and make-up of the club of late, lively banter and always good to be around like minded people. If you don''t like it don''t come here, it really isn''t that difficult.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"][quote user="morty"]Vanwank?[/quote]You should know enough about wank Morty you post enough , be a good day when you post you have a terminal illness im sure that will lift the spirits on the messageboard to a whole new level .[/quote]

I think he likes you Morty. Maybe even "like like".

You should ask him out.

I think you have to discount the wind up merchants, trolls and closet Binners when you enter into a discussion on here, and not allow them to cloud or derail that discussion. I personally do not have any time for pigeon holing fans either (happy clapper is a particular pet hate of mine). The last four games for me have magnified the underlying problems that were there despite our good start to the season, that just are not being addressed at the moment and I think it reasonable to ask why that is. My main concern with Alex Neil at the moment is that he does not seem able to make changes that influence the result in a positive manner, for example Preston came with a clear game plan (it appeared to me that for quite a few periods of the game the only player in the Preston half was their GK) and it worked a treat for them, their GK was effectively an 11th outfield player for them spending a lot of his time outside of his area, not once did anybody have a "dink" just to make him think twice about venturing out too far. We also seemed to go long, rather than trying to get the ball out wide so that we could get in behind Preston.

Turning to the club in general, I understand it when posters say given our wealth/size we have punched above our weight and I agree with that point, but that leads me to the conclusion that if we are to become an established Premiership club then we will need either additional investment or a wealthier owner. This is in no way meant to be a criticism of Delia and MWJ, just an acknowledgement that they are just not wealthy enough. The way I see it is if we do not go up this season, then next season will be harder to compete financially, and subsequent seasons harder still.

That all said I genuinely hope that after the international break we come out firing on all cylinders and go on a decent run......OTBC.......

To improve matchday experience and raise the mood for all those who drink, they could actually serve nice pints instead of Carling which, after years of prolonged abstinence, made me feel pretty sick.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"][quote user="morty"]Vanwank?[/quote]You should know enough about wank Morty you post enough , be a good day when you post you have a terminal illness im sure that will lift the spirits on the messageboard to a whole new level .[/quote]
Awwwh!!
[IMG]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-137nYm8ql5I/Vt76d7utKLI/AAAAAAAAWis/o1SZPE-ia84/s1600/I%2BLove%2BYou%2BMemes%2Bfor%2Bher%2Band%2BHim%2B%25283%2529.jpg[/IMG]

Why do they serve it? It''s so sh1t. It actually makes me angry, no one really enjoys it do they? I often drink elsewhere, but it''s the only tipple on offer at half time - you could say I needn''t bother but a pie and a pint at half time... what else is there?!

I''d rather have a can of Fosters than I would Carling.Saying that, I''d rather have a bottle of water than either, so I''m not sure how relevant any of my response is [:D]