Sign in to follow this  
morty

Olsson

[quote user="hogesar"]No negative here.

Him and Jacob signing suggests it can''t be that bad at Conley currently.

Even if you take the pessimistic view that it''s only been done to secure a better fee when we sell then it''s still better than letting him go on a free!![/quote]

Can''t be that bad at Conley? Maybe not, but it''s bloody awful on the pitch and the players are very much part of that.

I''d hate to think how bad it would be if the camp was unhappy....

Great news! I don''t buy this bullshoite that the squad''s in disarray whatsoever, that they all hate each other and the manager etc etc, and more players extending their stay here goes some way to proving those rumours are not the case. Well done Chris Goreham 👍

Great and surprising news. I wonder if there''s a clause in there for if we don''t get promoted though...

I have never rated Olsson, thought we should have accepted the bid from West Ham. In regards to him signing a contract extension, would have preferred to have seen the wages freed up and Toffolo promoted to the 1st team.Another error in judgement.

="Iwan''s Big Toe

I have never rated Olsson, thought we should have accepted the bid from West Ham. In regards to him signing a contract extension, would have preferred to have seen the wages freed up and Toffolo promoted to the 1st team.Another error in judgement.

Toffolo a good prospect but no point shoving him into the first team at the expense of a better player just because he''s a ''youngster''. And yes, Olsson is a much better player. Good job you''re not manager if you''ve never rated him.

Very good news! Was fearful he may be one of the players off in January. Still one of our better players and always sorely missed when not in the team. Him and Pinto are probably the best combined full backs in the league!

If Olsson was going to be sold in January (as some thought), or hadn''t signed this contract extension, who do people realistically think we could/would sign, as a much better replacement?

I am intrigued.

A classy player.  I remember when Garrido seemed a pretty good signing at left back and Olsson displaced him simply by being better.  Not perfect but which of our players is ? 

With Olsson in our side, you know at this level the opposition are going to be thinking more about the threat he poses to them, than about trying to take advantage of that area in our side.

So excellent news.  I don''t think we can draw any conclusions except that he''d rather have a signed contract than gamble on running down his existing contract, why is just guesswork.  My guesses are either (a) it''s not that bad in the squad for him or (b) he figures that if things don''t improve, there will be a new manager anyway.  Or it could be a bit of both.

It is great news. He is the best attacking left back in the league and any longer contract means a transfer fee even if he leaves in the next two windows, which is what we all expected.

Like Nutty I wonder whether this is more of an option being activated rather than a new contact (esp given his desire to seek a move on the last 4 windows) - the period is just an additional 12 months so is there a bit of the Chris Suttons about it maybe. Either way its a good thing.

The only potential downside is that he is in his 4th season with us and an integral part of a very poor defensive unit throughout that period, showing no signs of improving his defensive work, which is occassional good, but not frequently enough. He is now at his peak and will only deteriorate in what is an aging squad that needs an injection of youth.

Has MO signed because he realises he won''t make it in PL and has reached the highest level possible? Don''t get your hopes to see MO for the duration expect escape clauses in contract if others some calling. As the case with Jacob Murphy. Why only added 12 months?

Seeing him speak ?you must have one of those devices similar to that fabled radio with sub titles