Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Team for Rotherham, Oct 15th

Take a look at my first post on the first page of this thread.  I ignored all the comments and micky taking and I answered on topic. Look back if you don''t believe me.  All I did was make a short comment to the op showing I recognised what was obvious to anyone who follows this board. Then he foolishly tried to deny it - and he''s laughably still doing it.  Good old innocent bor. It''s not about me. It''s about bor. 

LDC, I have had my tiffs with a certain poster before now, and I just ignore them. I REALLY can''t be arsed to waste my precious time and life, with the sanctimonius, idiotic, juvenile, minutae, so that''s what I have chosen to do. I have FAR better things to do.

I suggest you just do something similar, if that''s how you view this.

So this is still going on.

Still, probably the most popular thread with Rotherham in the subject since like, the start of the internet.

It won''t be if we don''t beat Rotherham next week. All the absent friends on that match thread could make a challenge to the EU Straw Poll...

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]No subs Purple?[/quote]I don''t think they had substitutes in 1959! I was just trying to imagine myself for a moment back in that innocent, pre-internet age, to escape from the oh so sophisticated bear-baiting, cyber-style, that is all the rage. The only difference from the medieval version being, as I understand the claimed justification, that now it is all the fault of the dumb animal for being baited.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]No, this thread was NOT malicious, there was NO personal attack, NO mention of you in the original post, just someone putting a thread up (seeing as how you did the same yourself - but that was of course fine) regarding a potential team selection that you''ve decided to interpret in a completely different way to everyone else, but instead of thinking you might be wrong, you''ve turned it into the Salem bloody witch trials and frankly I''m sick of it.You do get some unfair comments LDC, I''m not denying that, but this pained martyr routine is wearing thin, and the sad truth is that a reasonable percentage of the hassle you get is caused by you in the first place![/quote]F*cking BOOM! Truth bomb.Lakey, it appears that you genuinely believe you are an innocent victim who is being unfairly stalked and bullied by people. If so, do you like or dislike this? By the amount of whining you do about it, I would venture to suggest that you probably dislike this.If you dislike it, why do you constantly respond to it? You know that responding to it will perpetuate it. The only conclusion I can come to is that you''re a sad, cowardly individual with a desperate craving for attention. If your agenda is so important to you that you''re content to spoil a public resource that a great number of people get a great deal of pleasure from, you really need to take a long, hard look at yourself and work out where it all went wrong. Man the f*ck up.

[quote user="morty"]Feedthewolf gets what I have been going on about for about 3 or 4 years now.[/quote]By the same token, though, you could probably ignore him a bit more than you do currently, in the interests of fewer threads descending into bickering? I realise there''s probably more chance of Israel and Palestine having special cuddles, but just hanging it out there... [:)]

Let me tell you a few things wolfie.

I have been here since day one, since they opened the doors on this version of the forum, in fact I was here before then, when you literally waited a day for every single post to be approved. I get a lot of fun from here, yeah I give people stick when they deserve it, and I get plenty back too, but it''s a football forum, not a knitting one.

I have met a lot of good football friends from here too, and despite all its faults, I care about this place.

And it pains me to see this idiot trying to make it all about him, it really does. And if you notice I don''t mock every single thing he posts, just the stupid and attention seeking things.

Take from that what you will....

When Tilly was still Old Bill he spotted a woman driving and knitting at the same time. 
Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window...... 
"Pullover"!! 
"No," she shouts back, "a pair of socks!"

[quote user="morty"]Feedthewolf gets what I have been going on about for about 3 or 4 years now.[/quote]

Unbelievable!  And you admit you have been going on for three or four years!  You and your campaign of misinformation and ring leading about my motives. Laughable. People aren''t stupid.  They can see what you''re like.  Some may fall for it, but most decent posters know you are one of the most sh*t stirring of all posters and have it in for me because I answer you back.  

FTW. Most of my stuff is harmless.  Some of it''s misinformed, some of it''s rubbish, some of it is ok and sometimes - so I''m told - I get things pretty much right, but 99% of it is harmless.   So why the feck should I put up with the constant barrage I get led by two sad keyboard warriors?  At one stage during the last year, I couldn''t write a single normal post about the football without being surrounded by being told I was attention seeking, playing games, trolling, etc etc by these two.  If you could understand how difficult for me to post anything at all on here during that time, you would understand my sensitivity to this.   Why the h*ll can''t I say what I think?  Why on earth can''t I put a team line up down that I have thought out for myself, without being accused of messing about, out for trouble etc etc?   Why can''t I confront posters who are blatantly out to give me grief for the sake of it?   I may have a lot to say for myself, but 99"% of what I write is honest and straight down the line - including my line up threads recently - which were my thoughts on trying to tighten up the defence, which we palpably need - as was proved against Newcastle. I''ve said it many times - I don''t mind being disagreed with and am happy to discuss.  But not with people who are abusive, twisted and just out to big up their ego.  I''m no coward, I don''t need the attention - this board is great when there is no aggro (usually when a certain poster is missing) and I have many better things to do with my time than come on here and counter the mis-information and rubbish that is said about me.  I even answered on topic in this thread in my first post, ignoring all the micky taking, but still got rounded upon. People need to see the wood from the trees.

[quote user="morty"]Let me tell you a few things wolfie.

I have been here since day one, since they opened the doors on this version of the forum, in fact I was here before then, when you literally waited a day for every single post to be approved. I get a lot of fun from here, yeah I give people stick when they deserve it, and I get plenty back too, but it''s a football forum, not a knitting one.

I have met a lot of good football friends from here too, and despite all its faults, I care about this place.

And it pains me to see this idiot trying to make it all about him, it really does. And if you notice I don''t mock every single thing he posts, just the stupid and attention seeking things.

Take from that what you will....[/quote]So do I. I did actually used to post on here in the days of moderated posts - not very often, and not enough for anyone to really remember me, I doubt.But surely you can see that your calling him out on things just perpetuates the arguments? If neither of you is prepared to back down, then it just creates an ugly mess and detracts from the enjoyment of this place for a lot of other posters, many of whom also care about this place?I guess if the situation could be solved then it would have been by now, but it''s a bit of a shame. Off to bed now, the sun will still rise tomorrow.

[quote user="lake district canary"]FTW. Most of my stuff is harmless.  Some of it''s misinformed, some of it''s rubbish, some of it is ok and sometimes - so I''m told - I get things pretty much right, but 99% of it is harmless.   So why the feck should I put up with the constant barrage I get led by two sad keyboard warriors?  At one stage during the last year, I couldn''t write a single normal post about the football without being surrounded by being told I was attention seeking, playing games, trolling, etc etc by these two.  If you could understand how difficult for me to post anything at all on here during that time, you would understand my sensitivity to this.   Why the h*ll can''t I say what I think?  Why on earth can''t I put a team line up down that I have thought out for myself, without being accused of messing about, out for trouble etc etc?   Why can''t I confront posters who are blatantly out to give me grief for the sake of it?   I may have a lot to say for myself, but 99"% of what I write is honest and straight down the line - including my line up threads recently - which were my thoughts on trying to tighten up the defence, which we palpably need - as was proved against Newcastle. I''ve said it many times - I don''t mind being disagreed with and am happy to discuss.  But not with people who are abusive, twisted and just out to big up their ego.  I''m no coward, I don''t need the attention - this board is great when there is no aggro (usually when a certain poster is missing) and I have many better things to do with my time than come on here and counter the mis-information and rubbish that is said about me.  I even answered on topic in this thread in my first post, ignoring all the micky taking, but still got rounded upon. People need to see the wood from the trees.

[/quote]Too earnest; didn''t read.

I''m going to wait and see who comes back fit from the international break. It''s a little too early for me to predict, but I''ll get back to you.

[quote user="morty"]Point is nobody called anyone out on the thread, did they?[/quote]I''m not saying they did. I was just trying to suggest that if you care about this place so much – which I don''t doubt – you could help to make it an awful lot better for everyone by not saying things that you know are going to encourage LDC to bite. That will be my last comment on the subject, as I don''t want to further encourage the very thing I''m trying to dissuade.Back on topic – barring injuries, nice and uncomplicated for me:McGovernPinto Martin (c) Klose OlssonDorrans HowsonJacob Wes BradyJeromeSubs: Ruddy, Bennett, Thompson, Dorrans, Pritchard, Josh, Oliveira.Shouldn''t need Tettey to hold, we should be able to take the game to them and outplay them with two more creative deep-lying midfielders.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Subs: Ruddy, Bennett, Thompson, Tettey, Pritchard, Josh, Oliveira.[/quote]Error.