Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Wigan

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ricardo"]Ruddy must return in goal.[/quote]^ 100% this. McGovern maybe a decent back up goalie but he''s not by any means automatic first choice. That''s why he''s spent years in the wilderness & never commanded a transfer fee.Ruddy, despite his flaws, is better. Much better.[/quote]

Not sure about this.  Ruddy doesn''t command his area as much as he could - and that seems to be the criticism of McGovern too.  Some said McGovern doesn''t come for crosses, but even in the 5 minutes of highlights from yesterday, there are two examples of  him doing just that - and looking confident doing it.   And there''s no question about his shot stopping ability either.  I think they are more evenly matched and as long as we are winning matches, I wouldn''t see a need to change.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ricardo"]Ruddy must return in goal.[/quote]^ 100% this. McGovern maybe a decent back up goalie but he''s not by any means automatic first choice. That''s why he''s spent years in the wilderness & never commanded a transfer fee.Ruddy, despite his flaws, is better. Much better.[/quote]

Not sure about this.  Ruddy doesn''t command his area as much as he could - and that seems to be the criticism of McGovern too.  Some said McGovern doesn''t come for crosses, but even in the 5 minutes of highlights from yesterday, there are two examples of  him doing just that - and looking confident doing it.   And there''s no question about his shot stopping ability either.  I think they are more evenly matched and as long as we are winning matches, I wouldn''t see a need to change.

[/quote]Poor mans Mark Bunn.Spent 8 years at Celtic without ever sniffing a first team place. Most of subsequent career spent at tin pot Scottish clubs. Ok he plays for N.Ireland but they are hardly spoilt for choice. As MP comments, there has never been a queue for his services. It ought to tell you something.A decent back up but that''s as far as it goes.

[quote user="morty"]We won. Sorry if that irks you.[/quote]Winning does not irk me in the slightest but then again it suits you what with having an agenda and all that but this constant tinkering with the line up does irk me when it is not forced upon us.I tell you something it has been fairly pleasant on here for a few weeks but for some reason all that has changed these last few days.Any coincidence with you being around maybe ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"]We won. Sorry if that irks you.[/quote]Winning does not irk me in the slightest but then again it suits you what with having an agenda and all that but this constant tinkering with the line up does irk me when it is not forced upon us.I tell you something it has been fairly pleasant on here for a few weeks but for some reason all that has changed these last few days.Any coincidence with you being around maybe ?[/quote][:D]

I''m not taking sides TIL but when you talk about someone having an agenda it does seem to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ricardo"]Ruddy must return in goal.[/quote]^ 100% this. McGovern maybe a decent back up goalie but he''s not by any means automatic first choice. That''s why he''s spent years in the wilderness & never commanded a transfer fee.Ruddy, despite his flaws, is better. Much better.[/quote]

[/quote]Poor mans Mark Bunn.Spent 8 years at Celtic without ever sniffing a first team place. Most of subsequent career spent at tin pot Scottish clubs. Ok he plays for N.Ireland but they are hardly spoilt for choice. As MP comments, there has never been a queue for his services. It ought to tell you something.A decent back up but that''s as far as it goes.[/quote]

Surely Rudd was a more than decent back up?   I know I am the eternal optimist, but if a player gets a break and shows he can make the grade in big matches as McGovern has for NI, then he must have something.  For me the past is past - he may have played at all and any clubs, but he is at Norwich now and how he does here how he ought to be judged - and yes, you''ve seen more of him than me, but results are everything and we won yesterday - therefore he would get my vote for staying in the team.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''m not taking sides TIL but when you talk about someone having an agenda it does seem to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black[/quote]It''s one thing to have an agenda about the football club.  Online harrassment is something else. 

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''m not taking sides TIL but when you talk about someone having an agenda it does seem to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black[/quote]I have been told to ignore him Frank but since he has been back the sad obsession of following me around having a little pop at every opportunity does get a tad tiresome. Apologies if it causes frustration.

If we can get ruddy back to his best then he is major asset to us. Wether or not he can get back to that kind of form remains to be seen but sitting on the bench won''t get him there.

He''s the number 1 for me hands down

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]If we can get ruddy back to his best then he is major asset to us. Wether or not he can get back to that kind of form remains to be seen but sitting on the bench won''t get him there.

He''s the number 1 for me hands down[/quote][Y]

McGovern

Pinto Bennett Klose Martin

Howson Tettey

JaMurphy Pritchard Hoolahan

Jerome

Ruddy Bassong Whittaker Dorrans JoMurphy Canos Lafferty

[quote user="Move Klose"]McGovern

Pinto Bennett Klose Martin

Howson Tettey

JaMurphy Pritchard Hoolahan

Jerome

Ruddy Bassong Whittaker Dorrans JoMurphy Canos Lafferty[/quote]Although Martin did a good as an emergency left back, I''m not so sure I''d be picking him there.

I know what your saying but obviously Olsson & Brady will be missing. And I don''t believe Whittaker is any better at left back than Martin.

[quote user="Move Klose"]I know what your saying but obviously Olsson & Brady will be missing. And I don''t believe Whittaker is any better at left back than Martin.[/quote]I''m hoping either Olsson or Brady is fit.Nah never seen Whittaker at LB.

Alex Neil pretty much ruled Brady out of the wigan game after Saturdays game. Olsson hasn''t played in a while so I''m just guessing he''s not ready for Tuesday.

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]If we can get ruddy back to his best then he is major asset to us. Wether or not he can get back to that kind of form remains to be seen but sitting on the bench won''t get him there.

He''s the number 1 for me hands down[/quote] If Alex is any good at man management then bringing Ruddy back on Tuesday is a must. Here`s the reason why, the time is now perfect to put an arm around big John and tell him that it`s time for him to return and show everyone what an excellent keeper he is. Home game, on the back of a win, had time to clear his head of whatever has been going on outside of football (don`t think any of us really know) , showing faith in your number one and telling him that he can be a leader and inspiration to the rest of the team. Yes some of you will mock that but that is what man management is all about.

Morty,

If you''ve never seen Whitts paly LB, then I can only assume you''ve not watched any Scotland games in the last few years. Understandable if not forgivable!!!

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

If you''ve never seen Whitts paly LB, then I can only assume you''ve not watched any Scotland games in the last few years. Understandable if not forgivable!!![/quote]I can''t say I have actually Ray.Well there you go then, looks like we have our left back for Tuesday.

From what you read/hear we had several deals lined up for deadline day of players moving on. Naismith to Sunderland, Lafferty to Reading. Obviously there was a move for Ruddy from Sunderland, it didnt happen because we rejected the 1st bid and I remember hearing on the day we were expecting another bid to come in (which didnt). I think he was one we was happy to see move on as he is one of the higher earners at the club.

Think we were willing to move on players like Ruddy, Turner, Bassong (the reason we were looking at the CB from france), Andreu, Mulumbu, Naismith, Lafferty.

However much are they costing us a week in wages, easily over £100k a week.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Move Klose"]I know what your saying but obviously Olsson & Brady will be missing. And I don''t believe Whittaker is any better at left back than Martin.[/quote]I''m hoping either Olsson or Brady is fit.Nah never seen Whittaker at LB.[/quote]

I wouldnt want Whittaker on the pitch period Morty, the guy is a total liability, so gota go with Russ for now if the other 2 are still crocked. He did a solid job yesterday so its ok as a stop gap I think.

[quote user="Spillay"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Move Klose"]I know what your saying but obviously Olsson & Brady will be missing. And I don''t believe Whittaker is any better at left back than Martin.[/quote]I''m hoping either Olsson or Brady is fit.Nah never seen Whittaker at LB.[/quote]

I wouldnt want Whittaker on the pitch period Morty, the guy is a total liability, so gota go with Russ for now if the other 2 are still crocked. He did a solid job yesterday so its ok as a stop gap I think.[/quote]Yeah he did okay, it was obvious he wasn''t the most comfortable sometimes, mainly because of being right footed.It will be interesting to see if he is picked there over someone who plays the position internationally.

Think will be pretty much the team that was playing after Brady got injured, maybe with Pritchard starting this time and Wes coming on 2nd half. Slight to zero chance of Olly on bench, think he will likely be  on bench  at Forest. No chance of seeing Brady or Olsson, so Russ for LB with Bassong and Whitts on bench.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You can speculate all you like but rest assured The Tinkerman will be at work again. Just look at yesterday and suddenly out of the blue Bennett who has been one of the consistent performers recently gets dropped to the bench and in comes Russell Martin. Just why and for the avoidance of doubt i am not a Martin hater ? An unnecessary and unjustified selection to start the game with in my eyes.[/quote]

I could not believe Bennett was not at the heart of our defence from the start as Martin is no CB and Bennett didnt deserve to be dropped.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Ray"]Morty,

If you''ve never seen Whitts paly LB, then I can only assume you''ve not watched any Scotland games in the last few years. Understandable if not forgivable!!![/quote]I can''t say I have actually Ray.Well there you go then, looks like we have our left back for Tuesday.[/quote]

Almost anybody but "kamikazee" Whittaker.

according to AN''s press conference, Olsson is now fit and Brady could also be involved tomorrow night. Very strong left side with both of them playing.

I was almost looking forward to the possibility of Martin and Whittaker both being in the team.It would have driven the scapegoaters mad.[:D]