Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Sunderland v Arsenal

As poor as Arsenal were, you have to give Sunderland credit not just for how well they defended but for their general play as well.

And they''re above us in the table because they beat us three nil in game we couldn''t afford to lose.

didnt think it would be possible but Arsenal looked even less of a threat after Giroud went off.......................and as for Walcott jumping over the ball in a 50-50 with Kaboul when an open goal is gaping is pretty symbolic of Arsenal''s lack of heart.

Obviously they will all find their goalscoring touch in time for next Saturday

[quote user="norfolkngood"]So we didn''t show any grit or determination against West Brom or Newcastle?

we didnt show it when it mattered last week !! if we had won or drawn that game we would still be out the bottom 3

also hand on heart do you think we can play like sunderland did today for the rest of the season because we are going to have to if we have a chance of staying up !![/quote]

Exactly this ^^

arsenal will tear us a new one, utd making the cup final might be a blessing, we should all be watford fans this arvo as well, the more occupied they are the better

we can only blame ourselves its fantastic beating man utd etc but no good if you lose to villa and sunderland

crystal palace hadn''t won this year and beat us you have to win those games the man utd''s are bonus points

we said it at the start of the season beat the teams around you is most important and we didnt do that

Well, City for the majority of the season have played woeful, there has never been a time since season start that i truly felt that our performances could get us another season in the top flight, indeed, on merit we deserve to be in the bottom 3, just glad theres only another 2 or 3 weeks left before the season is done, to watch what will be an interesting close season to say the least.Its maybe a factor that Newcastle and Sunderland are neighbours and rivals, they are both showing grit and doing their best to stay up. Despite all that, one of them has to join us and Villa in the Champs, so its dog eat dog time up there. For City, we go down like a tame pussy cat, and for me, thats the real difference and the real truth.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]While I agree if we go down we have nobody to blame but ourselves, the fat lady hasn''t sung yet... She may be on stage, but she hasn''t begun yet.[/quote]I''m sure you could fit one more cliché in there if you really tried [:D]

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]While I agree if we go down we have nobody to blame but ourselves, the fat lady hasn''t sung yet... She may be on stage, but she hasn''t begun yet.[/quote]I''m sure you could fit one more cliché in there if you really tried [:D][/quote] I had a good think about it, but it just wasn''t meant to be.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]While I agree if we go down we have nobody to blame but ourselves, the fat lady hasn''t sung yet... She may be on stage, but she hasn''t begun yet.[/quote]I''m sure you could fit one more cliché in there if you really tried [:D][/quote] I had a good think about it, but it just wasn''t meant to be.[/quote]No problem, ANF - All''s well that ends well [;)]

[quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]While I agree if we go down we have nobody to blame but ourselves, the fat lady hasn''t sung yet... She may be on stage, but she hasn''t begun yet.[/quote]I''m sure you could fit one more cliché in there if you really tried [:D][/quote] I had a good think about it, but it just wasn''t meant to be.[/quote]No problem, ANF - All''s well that ends well [;)][/quote]
At the end of the day, we simply haven''t been good enough in the six pointers and will now fall through the relegation trapdoor while Sunderland look set to stay in the land of Milk and Honey.

The minus 7 goal difference on Sunderland plus our lack of consistently finding the net will be our undoing over the last 4 games.

Annoyingly Arsenal didn''t really turn up. Sunderland defended well of course but generally Arsenal didn''t move the ball nearly quick enough and looked jaded.
Of course, the immediate downside is the rarity in which a top 4 team drops points in consecutive games against relegation strugglers.
People on here however love being negative and boring. The brilliant thing about football is Sanchez could get injured 2 minutes into the game against us and Cech could volly a clearance into his own net and we win the game.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"][quote user="julian hudson"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]While I agree if we go down we have nobody to blame but ourselves, the fat lady hasn''t sung yet... She may be on stage, but she hasn''t begun yet.[/quote]I''m sure you could fit one more cliché in there if you really tried [:D][/quote] I had a good think about it, but it just wasn''t meant to be.[/quote]No problem, ANF - All''s well that ends well [;)][/quote]
At the end of the day, we simply haven''t been good enough in the six pointers and will now fall through the relegation trapdoor while Sunderland look set to stay in the land of Milk and Honey.
[/quote]Alas, all is not lost. Yes, our backs are to the wall, but actions speak louder than words and now is not the time to abandon ship.Ahead of the Arsenal match Neil should tell his players "As ye sow, so shall ye reap - it''s all hands to the pump and Sunderland along with that ugly b*stard Allardyce, who has more chins than a Chinese phone book, will  join Villa & Newcastle in sinking like lead balloons".

Experience counts , put Big Sam in charge of us and we would more than likely have stayed up , Alex Neils inexperience has certainly contributed to our relegation . Last time we waited too long made the change and made a joke of an appointment this time we have supported a manager who has looked out of his depth since well before Christmas . We just never get things right .

Re: QRe: Sunderland v Arsenal

TIL 1010 wrote:

The minus 7 goal difference on Sunderland plus our lack of consistently finding the net will be our undoing over the last 4 games.

I think that covers all angles Tilly....Big Smile [:D]

I take it that was tongue in cheek 😄

Indeed one element but of a much bigger story concerning our undoing.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]The minus 7 goal difference on Sunderland plus our lack of consistently finding the net will be our undoing over the last 4 games.[/quote]I think that covers all angles Tilly....[:D][/quote]

6 of the 7 came from the Sunderland game itself, in which the ref played a massive part.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]The minus 7 goal difference on Sunderland plus our lack of consistently finding the net will be our undoing over the last 4 games.[/quote]I think that covers all angles Tilly....[:D][/quote]

6 of the 7 came from the Sunderland game itself, in which the ref played a massive part.[/quote]Oh right so our -25 goal difference is not down to our own shortcomings defensively throughout the season but a dodgy ref in the Sunderland game. Well if your excuse is right i better not mention our 3-1 win at the Stadium of Light to add in the goal difference stats.

Yeah, it''s all Big Sam''s experience and nothing to do with having one of the league''s top scorers up front, and players like Kaboul and Kone at the back.

Let''s not forget that Sunderland have only today gone above us, and currently above us purely on goal difference. If Allardyce us your benchmark, then actually Alex Neil is doing an okay job.

In case anyone who keeps tabs on how things have conspired against us this season has missed this, part of the reason Arsenal looked jaded and off their usual pace is that today was their third game in eight days. How it came about that they were forced to play WBA less than 3 days ago, on Thursday night I have no idea. Pity it wasn''t next Thursday instead ..........

[quote user="Ian"]Yeah, it''s all Big Sam''s experience and nothing to do with having one of the league''s top scorers up front, and players like Kaboul and Kone at the back.

Let''s not forget that Sunderland have only today gone above us, and currently above us purely on goal difference. If Allardyce us your benchmark, then actually Alex Neil is doing an okay job.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]In case anyone who keeps tabs on how things have conspired against us this season has missed this, part of the reason Arsenal looked jaded and off their usual pace is that today was their third game in eight days. How it came about that they were forced to play WBA less than 3 days ago, on Thursday night I have no idea. Pity it wasn''t next Thursday instead ..........[/quote]
"Less than 3 days ago"?
Like teams playing on a Wednesday evening and then a Saturday afternoon, which is fairly common?
Dear oh dear etc.
Who killed JFK?