Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Would relegation be so bad?

Celtic are still without a manager, anybody know which side of Glasgow AN favours ? Would they come knocking on our door ?

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Celtic are still without a manager, anybody know which side of Glasgow AN favours ? Would they come knocking on our door ?[/quote]Doubt it.Last I saw Malky was actually being interviewed.

Can''t see the fun in being in the Premier League if we cannot compete at a reasonable level. We seem to make similar errors over and over. It beggars belief how amateurish are summer transfer dealings were for a club hoping to compete in a multi million pound arena. We have won less than one game in four again in the Premier League and I cannot get much enjoyment from that.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Our previous season in the Championship is ultimately remembered fondly because of the final result at Wembley. There was plenty of doom & gloom during the season when we lost to Middleborough and when Neil Adams began to struggle mid-season.[/quote]
Interesting.  I remember it fondly for our run of 25 games where we won 17, drew 4 and lost 4.
But yes, there was a miseryfest alright.
But there usually is on here.  
You get used to it.  
This messageboard is basically a hangout for binners, trolls, "Normal for Norfolks", late-middle aged men with wet pants, the terminally pessimistic, long distance plastics, people with erectile dysfunction who just like a good online argument regardless of what they actually think, and people who like stirring the pot without having the courage to state any opinion of their own.
(Venn diagram required at this point)
It is livened up only by a few souls who spend most of their time battling with the former categories in the hope that sanity might prevail for ten minutes or so.  Yes, I count myself in that category.
One day we will probably discover that the entire Pink Un message board community was twelve schizophrenics who had six accounts each.

Staying in PM will probably mean more foreign players, with no real affinity for the club. When unveiled they''ll say it has been my dream to play in the PL, doubt their dream was ever to play for us. Untill we took an interest in signing them, some will no doubt never have heard if us.If we can keep TL and sign some decent strikers we should be OK. Bamford? Who will want him in the PL when he has shown he can''t score..................yet? Maybe he and Snailsmith will show their worth and keep us up. More chance of seeing a flying pig UP.

Although I want us to stay up, reading this thread is so depressing that I''m starting to hope that we will go down.Then, or so it appears, everyone on here will be happy and there''ll be no more whinging about anything.Yes, the Championship is really something to look forward to.That of course will only last until we lose all our best players in the summer, lose a few games early next season & gradually lose any chance of bouncing back to that terrible Premier League that everyone hates.Be careful what you wish for.

Mellow yellow 4 ever wrote the following post at 26/04/2016 8:18 AM:

TK, my keyboard is very worn.👍

Would much rather stay up but at the same time i''m quite fond of visiting the scum and comprehensively beating them a couple of times and then waving goodbye.

We should aim for League one with occasional forays into the Championship.  That way we won''t have to endure the awful Premier League, with our team, manager and owners not good enough to compete, the sickening levels of money, corruption etc etc.  We could enjoy lots of new grounds, the odd cup win (JPT) and a realistic chance of promotion most seasons.  What''s not to like?This would be the most ideal scenario for our club, in terms of our resources (poor owners) and the most enjoyment for the fans in terms of winning games, the realistic chance of promotion every season and the realistic chance of winning a cup.  We''d also see quite a few of our young players in the first team.[;)]

The great thing about the Championship for a lot of folks appears to be that they can watch our team play "the Norwich way" and actually win or draw more than the odd game. The best league for us is clearly one in which we can play two up front, a pair of genuine touchline-hugging, full back-beating wingers, and have our entire midfield and both full backs pile forward without being done on the break as happens with such monotonous regularity in the bleeding Premier League. The metamorphosis we have witnessed this season of our young, right-thinking, fast attacking football-loving manager into a clone of the awful Hughton has just been too painful bear. Surely nobody wants to witness the like ever again? Even the adored messiah, for heaven''s sake, couldn''t make it work for more than that one glorious PL season. So stuff the Premier League, let''s settle for playing the Norwich way and we can be happy ever after ......... 

All relegation''s are bad but we are probably more experienced than most with dealing with them and bouncing back. I now expect relegation and i also expect a bounce back within 2 or 3 years no doubt followed by another relegation and the story goes on

Provided we return to the PL in the next two seasons, is it naive to suggest that relegation this season is not necessarily a bad thing?

We get to:

trim the squad

Bring young players through

Sign new players within our wage structure

Play more games

Win more games

Benefit from parachute payments

Possibly another Wembley outing

Win a title, or promotion

Isnt that a bit complacent, we could also do a Notts Forest, Derby, Scum, Cardiff etc etc and stagnate horribly.

The PL is not a pleasant league for all sorts of reasons but

we could look back in 5 years time and think the last 2 games have ruined our club.

This will also be the strongest Championship for a little bit, just saying...

Just look at the fallen former-PL clubs. We may have a generation of championship mediocrity to look forward to should we fail to gain promotion in year one following relegation.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Just look at the fallen former-PL clubs. We may have a generation of championship mediocrity to look forward to should we fail to gain promotion in year one following relegation.[/quote]

Well of course this was my point last season but apparently if we''d have appointed Lennon we''d have won the league by Christmas.

Maybe a bit more credit is now due....

Incidentally can anyone shed some light on this

for me please:

From the 2016/17 season, relegated clubs will receive 55 per cent of the equal share of broadcast revenue paid to Premier League clubs in the first year after relegation, 45 per cent the following year and 20 per cent in year three.

Clubs relegated after a single season will receive 55 per cent and 45 per cent over two seasons with the third payment eliminated entirely.

Burnley were relegated this year after one season in the Premier League

Burnley were relegated this year after one season in the Premier League

Shortly after the Premier League announced the deal for domestic rights, it revealed that 20 per cent of that would go to grass-roots football, solidarity payments to lower-league clubs, participation and education and disadvantaged groups.

And it has now revealed its plans for solidarity payments which are linked to a mechanism to broadcast deals.

Championship clubs currently receive £2.3m a season with League One clubs getting £360,000 a season and third-tier outfits being handed £240,000.

Under the new arrangements, the solidarity payments will be based on a percentage of a third-year parachute payment with Championship sides getting 30 per cent, League One 4.5 per cent and League Two three per cent.

QPR also dropped back down after a single season in the Premier League

QPR also dropped back down after a single season in the Premier League

With the final value of the broadcast deal unknown, exact figures cannot yet be put on the payments from 2016/17 but if the new system was now in place, Championship clubs would get around £3m, League One around £450,000 and League Two £300,000.

So do I have this right if the worst comes to the worst we get 55 % of about 115 M the equal share next year approx and 45% of 115M the year after?? 60M for relegation?