Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Next seasons strikeforce

NS, it''s a price worth paying to expand your vocabulary...someone told me the Spanish had no word for gullible, how silly they must have felt when I looked it up and told them what it was...

Apples

Either way we''re likely to have a completely different strike-force come the start of next season.

Apart from RVW for another ten years, only Jerome looks likely to remain on the books.

I wouldn''t mind having Bamford if we go down or both him and Mbokani should we survive.

For the latter we would still need to sign a couple of class acts, IMO, one established and expensive player and one punt on a cheaper prospect, possibly from our lower leagues or from the Euro-Afro scene.

Our sights would necessary need lowering should we get relegated, but either way new faces up front would be needed and one would hope that the scouting is actively seeking strikers for either scenario.

[quote user="The gut"]Studied, mmm, more like cannot avoid.

Even someone so far up his own needy ar$e must be able to see that it isn''t possible to read this message board without a severe dose of me me morty.[/quote]Yes, yes, whatever.Anyway, explain this "wafboy" thing.I''m sure its hilarious.

This guy will be available next season, I''ve no idea who he is but we should definitely go for him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/anderlecht-striker-matias-suarez-will-7615070

"A top flight footballer has revealed he is leaving Belgium - as he fears for the safety of his family after the Brussels terror attacks.

Anderlecht, Belgium''s biggest and most successful football club are based in Brussels and striker Matias Suarez has already stated his desire to quit the club in the wake of the bombings."

It''s at times like this i miss poor old Lakey. [:D] Bor will be in from work shortly so tonight this thread will be waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic. [:(]

C''mon morty, you know what you are. It''s not hilarious, I''ve never been hilarious. I''d like a sense of humour, I acknowedge I''m a bit short in that department. I''m sure you understand how that feels, in more ways than one.

I understand the meaning to be:-

A wafboy is someone who elected to serve their country in modern times (read post WW2) but in the vast majority of cases wasn’t quite up to the discipline or realities of armed combat and all the demands expected in the military. At times of trouble the majority would stay safe many miles from danger with home comforts (to be fair sometimes they would wear uniform) “supporting” the real warriors (such as their own pilots, their regiment or the army or the navy). They will generally use their service to give a tougher image of themselves than what really exists and when the going gets tough the tough wafboys pretend to be tough but are no tougher than the band of Village People (coincidentally with similar tendencies) and will hide behind someone tougher.

The simple informal definition could be a tart in uniform.

Great stuff gutty, but it will have to be all about you for now, I have work to do.

Have a great day.

😉

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]Good evening all. Any chance of an argument?[/quote]
Yes of course, you f*cking c*nt

Good evening JB, hopefully no more arguments. I quite fancy making the most of the peace while morty is busy.

Could you please explain what was wrong with this from Baldyboy:-

"I would hope whatever division we are in we don''t sleepwalk over the Summer as we did the last time with regards to centre backs."

I cannot see why you highlighted it.

As I was asked who I would like, thats a good question.

I would like to see Bamford stay permanently, but any others I really dont know tbh. I would hope whoever we get is capable of scoring at least 15 goals in the season if we are still in the Prem.

BorBIN highlighted it because in his tiny little warped mind I am deemed to be negative and he doesnt like thatdo you BINboy?

I agree Baldyboy, I would like Bamford to stay permanently, regardless of what division we are in.

Why, gladly Mr. Gut.
I said:
[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]
In this thread, you are suggesting that because we didn''t sign any defenders last summer, we won''t sign any strikers this summer.
That probably makes sense in your mind.  It makes little sense to me.
[/quote]
You said:
[quote user="The gut"]I would assume that only posters with tendencies to police forums would be monitoring who posts what and when. I guess that only posters with tendencies to police forums would state someone is suggesting something that someone had not suggested.[/quote]
I replied by quoting the original post which stated:
[quote user="Baldyboy"]With Lafferty on his way out seemingly and Mbokani and Bamford not likely to stay we are potentially going to be left with Jerome and RVW as the only strikers at the club although RVW is likely to go also I think. I would hope whatever division we are in we don''t sleepwalk over the Summer as we did the last time with regards to centre backs. Hopefully our targets are identified and purchased ASAP after the window opens.[/quote]
Thereby proving old Slaphead was indeed suggesting it is possible we will fail to sign strikers this summer based on our failure to sign CBs last summer.
I hope that clarifies things for you.

[quote user="Mr Apples"]

Excellent news FTW (although, do you have a relegation clause in that contract)? 

Apples

[/quote]Yeah, if we go down you have to pay me double and get me one of those reclining massage chairs to soothe my aching muscles.

Yes BorBIN it is possible we wont sign strikers isnt it? And it is possible we WILL sign strikers too isnt it?

Answer one simple question even for you BorBIN, did YOU think we WOULD sign a centre half last Summer?

Anything is possible isn''t it? My God, its even possible BorBIN will finally accept everybody is entitled to an opinion irrespective of whether its right or wrong or even positive or negative? And believe it or not a day may go by where BorBIN will actually let a post stay on topic without 5lagging off people who have a different opinion to his!

Oh thanks Mr Borbyn. Yep sure clarifies a lot.

Very impressed with your deep reading. I would advise that you always double check when you think sex is on offer. From what I see in The Sun it''s no longer ok to claim you think he/she said yes.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Yes BorBIN it is possible we wont sign strikers isnt it? And it is possible we WILL sign strikers too isnt it? [/quote]
Well, yes.  Was that your original point?
"We might or might not sign strikers this summer."
I must have mis-read it, as I was sure you were suggesting that as we failed to sign any centre backs last summer, we might make the same mistakes this summer and fail to sign strikers.

Thats a good point! Morty goes off to do some work or so he claims and the wonderful BorBIN magically appears! Maybe they should really go together under the name "MorBIN" which ironically is where there moronic insults belong, in the bin!

Its amazing how they are quick to insult whilst hiding behind their keypads, I wonder if they would be so insulting face to face?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Just wondering like. Has anyone ever seen Morty and borbyn in the same room together?[/quote]
Did the penny not drop when Morty "had to go to work" and I "came home from work"?
We are both the same person.  Our name is Kayden.  We are kept in the Archant web server cupboard, and every time the number of page impressions drops below the requisite amount, we are electric shocked until we post something confrontational and aggressive to reel in the angry and simple folk who love a good argument with online fictional personas.
Peter Raven will delete this post tomorrow when he clocks on, and we will be given a sound thrashing; but it is all worth it just to break the shackles of oppression.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Thats a good point! Morty goes off to do some work or so he claims and the wonderful BorBIN magically appears! Maybe they should really go together under the name "MorBIN" which ironically is where there moronic insults belong, in the bin!

Its amazing how they are quick to insult whilst hiding behind their keypads, I wonder if they would be so insulting face to face?[/quote]
Mate, I''d crush you like a paper cup.

oh no Baldyboy, do you know what you saying?

I thought you''been on here long enough to know you might get asked for a pint fella.