Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Next seasons strikeforce

If the consensus amongst the regular posters on this board is that my contributions are damaging it rather than contributing to it, I will gladly step aside. It has never been about me.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]If the consensus amongst the regular posters on this board is that my contributions are damaging it rather than contributing to it, I will gladly step aside. It has never been about me.[/quote]I vote "Bor stays".I don''t think you should be driven out of here by hypocritical whingers.

morty wrote the following post at 25 Mar 2016 3:43 PM:

I vote "Bor stays".

I don''t think you should be driven out of here by hypocritical whingers.

Seconded but I disagree with his newest avatar.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And there you see it in all its pink un glory. It''s a shame less people are honest in what they post. CUSDP complains about past opinions being brought up. Yet in issues like club ownerships and the shifting sands associated with those opinions past opinions are relevant.[/quote]Oh, C''mon perlease nutty! If I''d drooled when Evans took over the scum, slavered when Roy Keane was announced as manager and agreed with every binner who came on here to put us down, I''d not be happy with you dragging it up. I''d flounce off too. [:@]

I vote Bor stays. I vote Lakey, Gainer and CUSDP come back. And I still miss Smudger. The strength of this board is the diversity of opinion. Long may it remain so.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]If the consensus amongst the regular posters on this board is that my contributions are damaging it rather than contributing to it, I will gladly step aside. It has never been about me.[/quote]I post from time to time. I speak for myself only. I would be horrified to be thought representative. Taking this seriously, you should post as you see fit, damaging or not, providing you are doing it honestly. And as far as as I am aware you have no vested interest in trying to destabilise this message-board. If you did that would be another matter. There is a potential downside, of course. You have to wave goodbye to the right to whinge about posters who complain about you. I think you, unlike some, accept that.

I think you must be spending too much time around the playgrounds morty. The thread has reached an all time childish low.

I''m hearing "Do you want to be in my gang? Me me me my gang. Lakey can flounce off, can''t he jezzer."

As a matter of interest would it be the parents'' fault if kids were groomed on the way home from school?

At one time when the constant bickering was taking over thread after thread I wrote my own Chrome extension to hide posts by certain users - perhaps I should update it for the new forum skin and release it publicly? [8-|]
In all seriousness, the forum software could benefit from an ignore feature - perhaps then some of the repeat offenders wouldn''t feel the need to respond to every perceived criticism.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I vote Bor stays. I vote Lakey, Gainer and CUSDP come back. And I still miss Smudger. The strength of this board is the diversity of opinion. Long may it remain so.[/quote]

👍

[quote user="Peanuts"]At one time when the constant bickering was taking over thread after thread I wrote my own Chrome extension to hide posts by certain users - perhaps I should update it for the new forum skin and release it publicly? [8-|]
In all seriousness, the forum software could benefit from an ignore feature - perhaps then some of the repeat offenders wouldn''t feel the need to respond to every perceived criticism.
[/quote]

I think if an ''ignore'' function was brought in then it ironically would be (largely) ignored. Could do with being able to quote posts properly on an iPhone though Pete 😉

[quote user="Peanuts"]At one time when the constant bickering was taking over thread after thread I wrote my own Chrome extension to hide posts by certain users - perhaps I should update it for the new forum skin and release it publicly? [8-|]

[/quote]

Just the man I''m looking for. Would you like to join my small but elite team of computer progammers who are currently working on the latest version of my popular computer game Forum Manager. We had the ignore feature right from version 1. But we got criticisms from our customers that their forums were short on content once they''d ignored the posts they didn''t like or agree with. So for the new 2016 version we are looking to ditch the ignore feature and replace it by making posts that won''t upset the user. Basically, how we see it working is that when the user puts the various posters into his sub groups (usual suspects, same old posters, inner circle, repeat ofenders etc.) these sub groups will then post the views that the customer has already programmed them with. That way our customers get a vibrant forum but never have to read posts they disagree with or that offend them. It goes without saying that the ability to ban posters will remain. But with there only being posts the user agrees with we envisage the ban button to be surplus to requirements very soon.

Is this something you could help us with buddy?[;)]

Maybe instead of an ignore button, we could see these blue, green and yellow buttons under the avatar changed to yellow and red cards, so when a poster is deemed out of order he is issued a yellow card, 3 cards and he / she can''t post for a month, get to 5 and he / she is banned for 3 months, 2 bans in a 12 month period and its a boxing match at Carrow Road behind the Jarrold for all to see, now who is going to be first up ?

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]If the consensus amongst the regular posters on this board is that my contributions are damaging it rather than contributing to it, I will gladly step aside. It has never been about me.[/quote]

Oh jesus christ, can you imagine the shit you''d be giving LDC if he posted this?

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]If the consensus amongst the regular posters on this board is that my contributions are damaging it rather than contributing to it, I will gladly step aside. It has never been about me.[/quote]

Oh jesus christ, can you imagine the shit you''d be giving LDC if he posted this?[/quote]
Do explain further.

Jerome and throw money at a proven goal scorer, such as Hooper, if we''re in the champs. If we''re in the Prem we don''t have any of that level at the club so we need to start from scratch.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Don''t explain further. Don''t feed the troll.

For the record, I would not ban anyone but would love an ignore button.[/quote]
I''ve never understood people who call for an "ignore" button.  It''s either a public forum or it isn''t.

Highland Canary wrote the following post at 26 Mar 2016 12:25 PM:

Jerome and throw money at a proven goal scorer, such as Hooper, if we''re in the champs. If we''re in the Prem we don''t have any of that level at the club so we need to start from scratch.

Avoiding the drop, I cannot see how City can afford to start from scratch. Depending on the fee/wages, Mbokani would be a decent CF. Jerome has had plenty of chances in the PL, his finishing is spotty so a spot on the sub''s bench due to his experience. Not so sure about the Chelsea lad at this level but if the price is reasonable, would be a good shout. That would leave 1 new CF to find. Lot''s of decisions ahead for the club.