Sign in to follow this  
he

The new Wolfswinkel

You can''t help wondering if we''ve bought another turkey. Was very poor today constantly trying to win free kicks. On one occasion in front of the dugouts he fell to the floor with no contact and should have been bboked for diving.It was said at the time he signed that he didn''t really want to come here and that seems to be showing now.

My biggest gripe was from first minute to the time he got subbed he spent more time whining to the ref then concentrating on the game, this must have had a negative impact on our players around him too!

The time was for him to step up and use his experience to help motivate our side, become a leader not a moaner!

Not fitted very well but has been fairly good linking up with Mbakani recently, just the last two games has been pretty poor.

I made a comment just before he arrived about not digging ourselves a bigger hole by spending £8m on a player his age.With his history of 2 cruciate injuries it''s likely to be downhill from here, with a large chance of making a significant loss. I can''t see him providing years of service either.

I just don''t understand this signing, like the Pinto and Bamford ones.

Wes has been one of our better players this season and has now been shunted out of the team for no fault of his own just to accommodate Naismith. I''d understand more if we''d spent the money on a significantly younger and more mobile Wes but we haven''t. Naismith is getting on for 30, half as fit and definitely less mobile.

The only decent signing this season has been Klose and that was about 6 months too late! Our board and scouts should be shot.

We have a lot of dross to shift for next season. Mulumbu, Dorrans, Offoe - not as good as O''Neil? If we are in the Championship what will be their motivation, as they aren''t considered good enough for the Premier.

Disappointingly, the Murphy twins don''t appear to have come on significantly, nor does Morris.

Whittaker looks like he will be moving on, although I am probably in a minority of one in seeing him as our best right back. Bassong and (much as I like him) Martin will need replacing as they have not proved good enough. Brady will be gone after the Euros, I think he will be planning a move now.

Up front Lafferty isn''t fancied, Jerome hasn''t been picked, Mbokani will go, and Bamford will be leaving and hasn''t impressed. Let''s hope Naismith becomes a new Iwan after a shaky start - but I just don''t see it.

We need to move players on this summer, and spend our money more wisely. If we are to play one up front the player in the hole needs to be more prolific and we need goals from midfield (Johnsonesque) and the wings (not Jarvis).

The break our hearts, but it''s never dull.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Where''s the evidence to support your comment re the Murphys?[/quote]The level they are playing at? But time will tell, if we stay up, and they get loans at Championship clubs, then that will be a sign of progression.

How many of the clubs record signings have been a success? Since Drazen they have mainly been associated with disappointment.

Our scouting network is absolutely pish. I thought the whole point of ripping it up in the summer and putting is behind schedule was to stop all these rubbish signings!

Then again, pretty much all of them have gotten worse since their first few games which is very worrying! Since the end of Hughton''s first season our record in the market has been shambolic and I''m at a loss to explain why we keep signing so many slow, small, accident prone players who can''t run with or pass the bloody ball.

Since then our good signings have been Redmond (who hasn''t improved his game at all though) Olsson, Jerome, Brady and Klose. Out of what? Like 20 players! The rest have been shocking with one or two just being average. Not only that but so many have been obviously unsuited to this league and our way of player. Hooper and rvw to lead the line of a hughton team? Jesus tapdancing christ!!!!!!

We''ve spent a hell of a lot of money dismantling a hard working, coherent counter attacking team into a slow, ponderous, mistaken prone team that likes to keep possesion, but can''t even do that very well and has no cutting edge.

I''d rip the scouting team up again after another shambolic January, we seem to get weaker after every window! I''d try to keep Howson, Brady, Jerome, Hoolahan, Redmond and Klose, the rest can be sold, for peanuts if need be, we still have the parachute payments. Get a good scouting network in place and pick the best players from the lower leagues like we did before. And for ffs please, please invest in some pace and running power so we can hurt teams on the counter and if we''re not playing well!

What an awful player.

An over-priced, conceited turkey who has not added one single thing to our fight for survival.

One goal, and with a considerable amount of referee baiting and running around to the extent it is difficult to pin-point his strengths or deduce just what exactly he has to offer. He is no silky-skilled merchant, that''s for sure yet he keeps Hoolahan out, and Nathan also sits on the bench.

Like Snoddy, and perhaps Alex, he is a belligerent little Scot. who upsets the officials to the team''s detriment Unlike Snodgrass he has far less skill, less goal-scoring promise and probably less passion.

We paid more for him than we got for Snodgrass.

This non-footballer apparently has the gall to have buy-out and relegation clauses in his contract, suggesting he thinks he is too good for our Club.

If I had my way he would be benched for the remaining games, whilst NR and WH would start (because Jarvis is another achieve-little clown of a signing.)

Support for our main striker? Eh? Give me a Phil Boyer anyday

"......and Smith must score wrote":

You can''t help wondering if we''ve bought another turkey.

.......................................................................................................................

Not a turkey Smith but an A grade mule !

One you''d find in the lower divisions or Sundays playing hit & hope football.

The difference between Naismith & RVW is when we acquired RVW I knew nothing about him so there was hope - with Naismith I knew what we were getting so am not surprised at how things have turned out. But AN is playing him and that is costing us.

Yes he''s costing us - Hoolahan & Redmond are on the bench. This plonker of a player is there in their place. These 2 are very capable of still getting us the points required for safety. Even at this late stage.

Whether we stay up or go down is firmly in AN''s hands. We won''t get points with "headless chicken" hit & hope hoofball. If we control the ball through Hoolahan & use the attacking qualities of Redmond, we have a very good chance of staying up.

Snodgrass has always played for freekicks, complained to referees etc. But is a totally different player - Snodgrass has talent (freekicks).

Can''t see him being effective in the championship.

My opinion Naismith is actually worse than RVW

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Our scouting network is absolutely pish. I thought the whole point of ripping it up in the summer and putting is behind schedule was to stop all these rubbish signings!

Then again, pretty much all of them have gotten worse since their first few games which is very worrying! Since the end of Hughton''s first season our record in the market has been shambolic and I''m at a loss to explain why we keep signing so many slow, small, accident prone players who can''t run with or pass the bloody ball.

Since then our good signings have been Redmond (who hasn''t improved his game at all though) Olsson, Jerome, Brady and Klose. Out of what? Like 20 players! The rest have been shocking with one or two just being average. Not only that but so many have been obviously unsuited to this league and our way of player. Hooper and rvw to lead the line of a hughton team? Jesus tapdancing christ!!!!!!

We''ve spent a hell of a lot of money dismantling a hard working, coherent counter attacking team into a slow, ponderous, mistaken prone team that likes to keep possesion, but can''t even do that very well and has no cutting edge.

I''d rip the scouting team up again after another shambolic January, we seem to get weaker after every window! I''d try to keep Howson, Brady, Jerome, Hoolahan, Redmond and Klose, the rest can be sold, for peanuts if need be, we still have the parachute payments. Get a good scouting network in place and pick the best players from the lower leagues like we did before. And for ffs please, please invest in some pace and running power so we can hurt teams on the counter and if we''re not playing well![/quote]

I agree in the main part- for the past three seasons our recruitment has been far more miss than hit. Too many players have been signed and not actually improved our first 11.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Where''s the evidence to support your comment re the Murphys?[/quote]The level they are playing at? But time will tell, if we stay up, and they get loans at Championship clubs, then that will be a sign of progression.[/quote]

Joshua Murphy is already playing in the Championship for MK Dons.

Jacob Murphy has also had a period in the Championship with Blackpool before he said he shouldnt have done.

So they have progressed out of our Academy and are playing regular competitive football. Just what they needed. They will be ready to join our first team squad next season playing Championship football.

Hopefully Toffolo, Thompson, Matthews and may be even Morris will be in our first team squad too next season.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]How many of the clubs record signings have been a success? Since Drazen they have mainly been associated with disappointment.[/quote]

Dean Ashton

Well I''m not writing Naismith off, If we are to have any chance of staying up we are going to need him to play at his best, he is not as poor as is being made out in this thread. It''s quite likely that the injury he has been carrying has impacted on his performances, I''m hoping the he will come out on Saturday vastly improved following a two week break.

RvW scored on his debut at home to a club from liverpool - remind me how long it was before RvW scored again?

What a story it would be if he scored the winning goal against Everton to keep us up.😄