Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Hooper going?

[quote user="Essjayess"]In the end it often comes down to money and what the manager thinks. Alex in the local papers today seems to be saying hes comfortable with City having Cam, Mbok and Lafferty as our strike force.  As regards the money side of things (cannot ignore that, this is NCFC  after all)  Hooper is on 32k a week wages if the reports are true, plus the fact hes out of contract  at end of season anyway? Seems the best thing is cash him in for 3 or 4 mill while we can, that would mean City saving the wages of Hooper, Grabban and E. Benno, not withstanding the 3 slots in the 25 these guys bring.There will be enough issues as it is in the summer, which division we will be in, the end of Mboks loan,  Ricky coming back (yet again lol), so i think it would be good if we had sorted both the Grabban and Hooper issues this window.[/quote]You surely don''t imagine that is actually what he thinks?

He''s just average. Doesn''t work hard and doesn''t have any real pace. Needs too much done for him by others. A luxury player at this level.

[quote user="GJP"]He''s just average. Doesn''t work hard and doesn''t have any real pace. Needs too much done for him by others. A luxury player at this level.[/quote]

And yet still one of our top goalscorers over past couple of seasons!

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="GJP"]He''s just average. Doesn''t work hard and doesn''t have any real pace. Needs too much done for him by others. A luxury player at this level.[/quote]

And yet still one of our top goalscorers over past couple of seasons![/quote]
2013/14
RankPos.PlayerPLFACLCTotal
1FWGary Hooper6028
2MFRobert Snodgrass6107
3MFLeroy Fer3014
4FWJohan Elmander1023
MFBradley Johnson3003
2014/15
RankPos.PlayerChampFACLCTotal
1STCameron Jerome200121
2MFBradley Johnson150015
3STLewis Grabban120012
STGary Hooper120012
Crap in 2013/14
Average in 2014/15
Not needed in the Premier League 2015/16
Bye Gary, stay off the pies.

Such a great finisher but just doesn''t do enough in the modern game to warrant regular starts in the PL. Great if you play 2 strikers, but as a lone striker or CAM (the way we played him) it just isn''t beneficial enough

Two scrappy scrappy goals, in a match that is reminding me how much the gulf in class between the two leagues is!

I''m a hopper fan, or was, but he''s not done anything to look outstanding really, the goals were scrappy tap ins off mistakes. Hopefully that''ll bump the price up if he is off.

You have to be in the right place to score even scrappy goals, a gd knack to have. IMO he is a very decent Champs striker and well suited to Sheff Weds and their situation, would be surprised if they didn''t at least try to sign him

Nothing wrong with scrappy goals, but more he''s getting chances that better defenders wouldn''t give him. I was more interested to see if he truely stood out and to be honest, but for the goals he''s been fairly average.

The fact is he doesn''t fit AN''s style of play. I''m not a great fan of one up front for two reasons. You have to have a great striker to hold the ball up and score. Our current strikers fail in that.

And two, it shows you don''t have enough in midfield to have to pack it.

Hooper playing off someone scores goals. He''s proved that for us in Championship & Premiership. But just can''t see him getting gametime here.

Whatever we do we''d be stupid to offload Hoops & Grabban before getting a replacement!. Sure people will say we''ve got three others, but if worst happen and say Mbokani gets injured we''re up that creek without a paddle!

We just don''t play the way that suits his style. He''s a goal poacher, as proven by today''s goals, but if we don''t get the ball in there like that, there''s no need for a player like him.

Deary me, had a chance to play a team mate in one on one and Instead went for a 50 yard lob that rolled harmlessly out....

I think he is a good player, but certainly not the answer to our problems, Neil knows that and I''d be unsurprised to see him leave for something around the 2-3 million mark.

I blame Greg Dyke. What a c ##t!!!!!! What a hairbrained idea to get rid of reserve team football. Look what a few games to get a guy back to full game fitness does. It''s not case of whether he''s the answer, it''s a case of them being at full match fitness when needed. To be honest If I were Neil I''d be playing my first team squad in the under 21''s all the time and fuck the consequences. Keegan''s Newcastle suffered in the 95-96 season by getting rid of reserve team football and found that towards the end of the season he had no-one to call on the change things when he desperately needed it. Players need match fitness to be sharp and reday to be called on. Dyke is a complete clueless c##t

Well he''s just said he wants to stay at Sheff Wed. Not one word about being here and fighting for his place. I suspect AN has already told him where the future lies

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Well he''s just said he wants to stay at Sheff Wed. Not one word about being here and fighting for his place. I suspect AN has already told him where the future lies[/quote]If I was a betting man, I reckon as soon as we sign Naismith, Hooper to Sheff Wed will be announced.