Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

They know they've done badly.

[quote user="hogesar"]Grabban hasn''t been poor for the last 6 months.

And all the floundering and club beating going on is embarrassing and pathetic. Im gutted we sold Johnson, but I have to learn to get over that one![/quote]

Really, he''s not scored since 1st March and looked a shadow of the player from the start of last season and the red card was just stupid. So poor form in my book.

Indy

"So to sum it up, not overly excited about our loans, think we got shot of the wrong player and the older generation tend to be the first in each thread to start the derailing by resorting to insults....because anyone dares to question the manager, board or players! "

A reasonable summary.

My view on Jarvis differs from yours, have been an admirer of his in the past, accept he has not been performing at his best, however I recon with a fresh start under AN there is a good chance we could get him performing again, at his best he is a very good player. I don''t see his age as an issue at all.

Just very very disappointed with the way we have conducted the window, we could have given AN more help with his squad.

Because we didn''t get the defender that a lot on this forum were after, the whole transfer window has now been classed as a disaster by some. This is just wrong and most sensible people can see this.We got 7 players in. 5 good quality additions with plenty of Premiership experience.1 younger guy, with potential and some Prem experience. And finally 1 unknown, but with plenty of goalscoring experience around the globe. If we had bought all these in on the last couple of days instead of spread out over the last few months, I am most posters would have been shitting themselves with glee.

And as predicted here comes the victim nonsense. Even if I''m not on the thread you often mention me Indy. If you want an insult I think you''re pathetic. But don''t worry, I''ll stand beside you with my support at the matches so it doesn''t matter what I say on here.....

Oh and there could be countless reasons why players move on the last day. Here''s two : -

Maybe there were a choice of clubs.

Maybe West Ham needed to complete their business before they allowed a loan to take place.

I agree with Herman that this has been a reasonable window which has been overlooked due to the confusion of the final day. AN said that he was looking to bring in 6-7 players and he did exactly that. Dorrans and Mulumbu were excellent signings as tghey''ve shown already and Brady and Mbokani added to that in impressive fashion. I wait to see what the other 3 may bring.

I''d like to know whether AN feels that Wisdom is capable of playing to PL standard as 4th CB as well as RB and I''d also like to hear the club''s explanation of why BJ left, even though I now see there were sensible reasons for that. Some people are not convinced though and it is splitting the fan base at a critical time.

I note Talksport ranked us 20/20 as having conducted the worst transfer business of the window. If we regard our window as being successful, for other clubs their windows must have been relatively more successful. Presumably, this implies we have made our task more rather than less difficult.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I note Talksport ranked us 20/20 as having conducted the worst transfer business of the window. If we regard our window as being successful, for other clubs their windows must have been relatively more successful. Presumably, this implies we have made our task more rather than less difficult.[/quote]Good Lord Highland, if you need to use Talksports opinion to beat the club with, then you really will grasp at absolutely anything negative.

So Arsenal buying one goalkeeper is better business than us getting seven players in?

Herman that''s the funniest thing you said on here for a while! The goalkeeper you mention has more medals than our entire squad plus our previous 30 years of squads at Norwich.......additionally I don''t think Arsenal need to add to a very successful and solid squad....they added quality where needed.

Talk about City tinted spectacle... Nutty not coming back at all with the victim card Mr high & mighty......if you can muster walking to the Barclay I''m more than happy for you to stand next to me. Block A entrance 14. See you there 15 minutes before kick off, I''ll be wearin an away shirt with 16 on the back......funny that Jarvis has this number.....see you there.

Go on an Arsenal forum and tell them that. I am sure they will appreciate your wise words.

[quote user="Indy"]Herman that''s the funniest thing you said on here for a while! The goalkeeper you mention has more medals than our entire squad plus our previous 30 years of squads at Norwich.......additionally I don''t think Arsenal need to add to a very successful and solid squad....they added quality where needed.

Talk about City tinted spectacle... Nutty not coming back at all with the victim card Mr high & mighty......if you can muster walking to the Barclay I''m more than happy for you to stand next to me. Block A entrance 14. See you there 15 minutes before kick off, I''ll be wearin an away shirt with 16 on the back......funny that Jarvis has this number.....see you there.[/quote]Low blow Indy.

The daft thing is unlike you all over excited people, never wanted us to spend far too much on players who won''t improve our squad, always said we had enough in our squad to give it a good go and would have liked a quality CB who can take the lead and organise the rest of the defence & players during set pieces.

We have shown that we have quality to create but have failed to convert chances by our forwards.

It''s great tha Martin contributes with goals and unlike others I like him at CB he''s better there than most give him credit. Bassong is solid but for me we allow too much width when defending. Might be better once Olsson comes back and Brady pushes further forward.

In Wes & Redmond we have match winning players, Howson, Tettey and Mulumbu are all good players for our level.

Then if Jerome can get half the goals he did last season we''ll be there or there abouts.

I just believe everyone on here has the right to voice what they think and do it without being told that they are a shit fan.....you don''t know me Nutty and have no idea what I do during match day, how far I travel to see City play, you have no right to comment on me. So come and see me next home game.

[quote user="Indy"]Why is it a low low Morty? Being told I''m a shit fan isn''t?[/quote]Oh get over yourself.

Oh listen to you.....ok I''ll get over myself, but what the hell you on about?

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Whatever Indy.

You were all over Alex Neil because you reckoned he was too young and inexperienced. You''re all over Jarvis because you reckon he''s too old and experienced. There''s nothing wrong with having a positive default.[/quote]

And here come your brigade Nutty.....if Jarvis was on our wanted list then why was he a last minute loan? He is now into his last few years and not wanted by West Ham.

If you really think players read this rubbish on here and are influenced by the crap spouted on here then you are deluded.

He will as I said get my support as does AN, and I''ve said this and I will again, AN has till the last two weeks done a fantastic job, for whatever reason which is all idle speculation and rumours which ever you believe, we are left with Grabban who has been poor for the last 6 months and we could have got shot of for 7 million, instead we sell our POT who scored 15 goals and worked hard last season.

I keep saying it and will continue, Hughton had an exceptional first 6 months here then took us to an utterly boring football and ultimately relegation. We will see how well we bounce back come Bournemouth who have their own issues with injuries, but Southampton we were very poor and lacked anything we had seen in the previous games, with what Martin said in the press about this summers transfers it will be up the AN and the players now to prove they are good enough to get 17th.

You do you bit on here for good causes and you and deserve respect for that, but you don''t own the right for opinions nor should you resort to as you always do putting down posters, poor form every time, from you older generation posters.[/quote]

Interesting post.....you didn''t like the manager when he first arrived -  and now he has somehow not done well in the last two weeks?  In what way? Because we lost a match?  Because Grabban has had issues for whatever reason?  You can''t see that Johnson''s move was good for the club and good for the player?    Southampton you said were "poor" - but they beat us 3-0 - but doesn''t that say that they have better players, more money and were due a good result?  It happens.  Is not Jarvis  a quality addition to the squad and strengthens the left hand side?  Did we not keep Grabban because we couldn''t get our target Gayle? Did we not get Gayle in the end because CP lost Glen Murray and decided to keep him? Are "older generation" posters always wrong? 

[/quote]

1, the last two weeks has tested AN, and the players against Southampton didn''t look interested, could just be too many unsettling issues over the past couple weeks, so AN couldn''t focus the players on this game. Could just been one of those games! We will see come Bournemouth. Till Sunday Southampton looked at odds and started the season poorly.

2, pretty much every club has a bigger budget than us as pretty much all have rich owners or years in this league, so should we expect to be turned over every week because of that?

3, why did we wait till last day when if Gayle was a real target and not panic buy, he was available? Bristol had agreed a fee a month earlier!

4, not in my book, nor my work colleague who is a season ticket holder at West Sham, he''s really gone down hill to the point that Championship sides said its not worth loaning him at 45k per week reported in the press. I''ve never rated Jarvis, just another journeymen like Pilks. Rather kept Johnson and got rid of Grabban.

5, Grabban is first off the pitch, never interacts with the fans during warm ups and has gone right off the boil. Not really sure why he wasn''t shipped out.

So to sum it up, not overly excited about our loans, think we got shot of the wrong player and the older generation tend to be the first in each thread to start the derailing by resorting to insults....because anyone dares to question the manager, board or players!

This is a forum, Carrow raod is where we need to support the team here we can discuss our thoughts.[/quote]Fair enough if you don''t rate a player, but at least judge your opinion on factual evidence and not make belief. He has played for Gillingham as a youngster, then Wolves, then West Ham and us on loan. I wouldn''t exactly call that a journeyman, he has had less permanent moves that Johnson and he is older, so by your logic Johnson is just a journeyman now right? And you do blame Grabban for not interacting with the fans? Look at the overreaction and pantwetting a few are prone to, or the abuse that Ruddy, Snodgrass and Elmander have had to put up with in the past. These fans are a cancer to the club and only seem to have materialised when we went up.

Now that''s fantastic calling fans cancer......and yep journeyman might be wrong phrase.

To be factual, the fans started to turn up into our promotion season after our promotion in 2004.

Before that we found it hard to get more than 16,000 in on a regular bases, now I certainly wouldn''t call these additional fans a cancer.

Poor form for those who have battled cancer like my wife recently.

No low blow as far as I''m concerned. I was a Barclay Boy for years up until 3 years ago when I gave up my place in E Block. Proper fans who got behind the players and always gave new boys a chance. The times they are a changing...

When have I said I won''t give him a chance? I''ll be behind him like every player including Andreu, just because I don''t rate them doesn''t mean I''m against them, that''s just stupid!

I''ll be fully behind the whole team as normal, this is just a forum, opinions that''s all too many get bent out of shape and get personal, then threads go into playground rubbish.

If by chance you see a guy with an away shirt with 16 on the back no name nudge me and say hi Nutty, you''ll find I rather a good fan with my own opinions on here.

So which is the real Indy then. The one who complains about managers and players without giving them a chance on here all week? Or the one who supposedly gets behind them for 90 mins on match day?

You can get on to me for being a happy clapper but at least I do it consistently...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 06/09/2015 3:44 PM:

So which is the real Indy then. The one who complains about managers and players without giving them a chance on here all week? Or the one who supposedly gets behind them for 90 mins on match day?

You can get on to me for being a happy clapper but at least I do it consistently...

You can''t grasp this Nutty.

For you it seems to be you are either with me or against me, but its not like that.

It''s perfectly possible to be highly critical, or not as the case may be, of what we see going on at Carrow Road, ( after all it''s purely a matter of opinion): and be vocal, a big fan and 100% behind the team on match day.

You don''t seem to be able to understand that, or are unwilling to.

I''m not though Nutty, you believe I am because I argue the case for critical fans, yep I have concerns with AN and can''t say why I could not take to the guy, I''ve said that....but have eaten humble pie and said what a great job he''s done so far......

I can be critical on here as well as positive because it''s best to chat about it in here and take my positive head as I always do to the game.....I did find it hard to enjoy the last 6 months of Hughtons football, but that''s the way I am.

I don''t think Jarvis is a better player than Johnson, I don''t know enough to be positive of the loane from Ukraine, but what won''t do is be so certain either way till they have played under AN.

I''m what I am and that''s fine....I just take offence when I get called a shite fan because I have a different view to others.

No I can''t grasp it Winky.

Matt Jarvis hasn''t played a game for us. Last time I saw him play he looked decent to me. He''s been considered an England player and is a proven PL winger. But even if I knew nothing about him my default position would be to welcome him and wish him well and support him on match day.

Now Indy has already made his mind up. No welcome for Jarvis. He just calls him an ageing journeyman. And apparently he''s no better than what we have! Why? Because West Ham fans say so.

But Indy''s going to forget all that and rate Jarvis for 90 mins if he plays on Saturday.

And because I have a positive default that makes me a loyal lapdog of a fan happy to go along with anything.

Perhaps you''ll help me understand how that all works Winky. Especially the two faced match day antics...

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s perfectly possible to be highly critical, or not as the case may be, of what we see going on at Carrow Road, ( after all it''s purely a matter of opinion): and be vocal, a big fan and 100% behind the team on match day.[/quote]You mean for example those people who don''t think Russell Martin should be in the team and isn''t good enough, still cheer him when his name is read out before k/o.Surely that''s hypercritical rather than highly critical?

If Jarvis is so fantastic, why is he not starting for West Ham or why did we not loan him a week ago knowing that Johnson wasn''t going to be around because of events?

Well if you find it hard to be critical on here but still be a supporter fully behind the team then fine.

Believe what you like, I''ll be there as said your welcome to say hi.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 06/09/2015 5:17 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

It''s perfectly possible to be highly critical, or not as the case may be, of what we see going on at Carrow Road, ( after all it''s purely a matter of opinion): and be vocal, a big fan and 100% behind the team on match day.

You mean for example those people who don''t think Russell Martin should be in the team and isn''t good enough, still cheer him when his name is read out before k/o.

Surely that''s hypercritical rather than highly critical?

I can''t believe you''ve actually posted that Lapps.

But I havent said he''s fantastic Indy. When Alex Neil came I didn''t say he was fantastic either. All I''ve said its my default is to welcome them and support them. Yours is to slag them off and wish they were someone else. And yet you can miraculously rate them for 90 mins on Saturday. I don''t believe you Indy. If your default is to say they''re not good enough then you''ll be looking for faults to back that up.

As you said you didn''t say fantastic and I never said I''ll rate them during 90 minutes, but support them, as I have Hughes, Elmander and all the other dross we had on the pitch before.....support is given opinion is formed, easy really.

I don''t rate Jarvis and as I said journeymen might be the wrong phrase.....but not as good as some think. I''m in the camp that a 15 goal winger who won POT is far more important than a winger who is a last minute loan a cover.

Heck you called me into question and I have responded, what you think or believe is your own opinion.......opinion.

So players like Hughes and Elmander you wrote off and slagged off before you saw them play too? I still don''t get it Indy! I think most fans have favourites but I always thought that those opinions were formed through performances in our shirt. I certainly do. The worst player I''veseen for us in a lot of years was Askou. But I was really hopeful when he signed. I only formed the opinion through watching him..