Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

They know they've done badly.

[quote user="Indy"]Jesus you''ll be coming up with a scenario where Whitts would be playing as a holding midfielder!

Fantasy scenarios that could never happen.[/quote]If you cast your mind back a few months to last season I think you''ll find that it already has happened, and under AN

[quote user="JF"]Also for the ridiculous Elliot Bennett to right back crew I hate to be the one to break it to you but he isn''t going to be around here much longer[/quote] why, is he going to be center way ?

DON''T PANIC MR MAINWARING!

Crikey JF, just think, if we are only 1 injury and a suspension away from Tettey playing cb, can you imagine what would happen if we got 2 injuries and a suspension? We''d have to play Hoolahan at cb too!

I seem to recall that Tettey did cover at CB once when RB came on as sub and then pulled a hamstring. It was only for about 10 minutes though, as I recall. I don''t think we''ll see it again any time soon.

Toffolo did play at CB for the youth team quite a bit. In both his and Wisdom''s case it''s easier to get game time at FB than CB. Wisdom does actually see his future at CB and Toffolo might as well, as far as I know. EB has always done well at FB on the occasions he played there so it wouldn''t worry me if he did so again. It isn''t ideal, but there are options for cover in the case of an emergency.

Somone behind the scenes picked Wihits last season?? People think he''s wet behind the ears and us butchers, bakers and candlestick makers know better.

Wtf are you on about now ? People behind the scenes have let Neil down by not signing the defensive cover we need. Where in that post did I mention whitticker?

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Indy"]Jesus you''ll be coming up with a scenario where Whitts would be playing as a holding midfielder!

Fantasy scenarios that could never happen.[/quote]If you cast your mind back a few months to last season I think you''ll find that it already has happened, and under AN [/quote]

Yep, was making that as a point that sometimes we can''t predict what will happen nor what AN would do in that scenario.....can you remember just how well Whitts did in that make shift role?

Have to say a fit Bennett with a few weeks in the starting line up might grow into a good CB, but he''s not played much for us and remains very rusty. Would be good to get him out for a month to match sharpen, but not sure we have cover for that.

He does need game time and soon.

Yeah I concede that these scenarios of injuries are sensationalism. In other news I see that Mings had just been ruled out for the season......

Ryan Bennett has played 57 times for us with over half those games being in the PL. If he is going to live up to his potential he needs to nail down a spot soon. It must be worrying for him that such an unpopular full back has kept him out of the side for so long.

Michee Efete played beside Bennett on Friday night. He was given a professional contract last April. I''ve followed his progress with interest since I first saw him. He rarely comes second best for pace. Is still raw but with the clear out of Miguel this lad has a chance to play U21s regularly. It won''t hurt him playing beside Ryan. Maybe in that worst case scenario Efete would play cb before Tettey?

Think you will find NN the scenario I painted for tettey at CB was an in match scenario where we had no cover on the bench. As far as I''m aware PL rules state the subs need to be made from the named players and we can''t randomly go into the stands to get players in

I''m all for blooding our own, if they are good enough then they should be given a chance, hasn''t hurt Everton.

To be honest from what I''ve seen of Thompson, I''m surprised he''s not ahead of O''Neil.

We do have a lot of youngsters just coming into the age and experience that should they fulfil their potential we won''t need to spend millions on ageing journeymen, like Jarvis! (Wages)

Of course you did JF. I suppose you don''t think Alex Neil is capable of putting adequate cover on the bench. Of course if you''re talking about freak match day occurrences then you can manufacture those scenarios if we''re brought two more defenders last week....

So now you''re gunning for Jarvis Indy! He hasn''t even kicked a ball for us yet. No words of welcome or best wishes. Just straight in with the aging journeyman jibes. Of course you''ll play the victim now but you really are a poor specimen of a supporter..

He will get my support on the pitch come Saturday, but I''m entitled to have my opinion and he was a last minute cover loan, it''s no improvement on what we have or had in Johnson, just ask any Spammer!

Your just an old loyal lapdog of a fan happy to go along with anything, anyone has a negative comment and were not worthy according to you and your followers.

I wonder what qualifies as an ''ageing journeyman'' as Indy put it Nutty ?Jarvis has just turned 29 and before pitching up here had only been at 3 other clubs since he started out 12 years ago. Rather a dramatic description don''t you think ?

Whatever Indy.

You were all over Alex Neil because you reckoned he was too young and inexperienced. You''re all over Jarvis because you reckon he''s too old and experienced. There''s nothing wrong with having a positive default.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]What do you make of Reece Hall-Johnson Nutty?[/quote]

Great getting up and down the line but not sure defensively. He''s been part of the U21s for a long time now NBS. I should think this season is make or break. He''s one that Gregg Broughton mentioned that Adams could be trying to get loaned out. This makes sense as he probably would benefit from a more competitive league and it will free a space in the U21s for an U18 to move into.

[quote user="Indy"]He will get my support on the pitch come Saturday, but I''m entitled to have my opinion and he was a last minute cover loan, it''s no improvement on what we have or had in Johnson, just ask any Spammer!

Your just an old loyal lapdog of a fan happy to go along with anything, anyone has a negative comment and were not worthy according to you and your followers.[/quote]I suspect if you actually asked a West Ham fan whether getting £6m-plus for a 28-year-old central midfieldeer who has been shoe-horned into playing - when selected - on the left-hand side of midfield, and replacing them for nothing with someone only a year older who has been capped in that position for England, they would say that rivalled their deal for the Olympic Stadium for smartness. And that is without remembering that Brady (Robbie, nor Karren), Johnson''s real replacement, was in the building long ago.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Interesting, had not thought of this before, but i was looking at the ages of our defenders. Its not just the lack of cover or the fact that our defence lets in sloppy goals in the majority of our Prem games. Our defence is aging together also, they maybe ok age wise right now but time flies and so do football seasons. Russ Martin will be 30 in a few months, Steven Whittaker is already 31, Seb  Bassong is 29..yes can say in their prime but sooner or later its not just a question of adding 1 quality CB, we should be thinking ahead about many more additions imo.[/quote]Good point. We should be buying younger and hence getting more money come back in when we sell. Instead we''re constantly trying to firefight the short term issues concerning getting promoted or staying up, ie buying older and more experienced players. What we''ve seen is the club come up short after several years of short-termism, and most fans are too busy craving their next fix of transfer excitement to realise that our strategy is flawed. Very few fans understand the reasons why we''ve failed in this window.The irony is we''ve spent too much on transfers, and selling

Johnson was a good move (even if the club was somewhat forced into it).

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Whatever Indy.

You were all over Alex Neil because you reckoned he was too young and inexperienced. You''re all over Jarvis because you reckon he''s too old and experienced. There''s nothing wrong with having a positive default.[/quote]

And here come your brigade Nutty.....if Jarvis was on our wanted list then why was he a last minute loan? He is now into his last few years and not wanted by West Ham.

If you really think players read this rubbish on here and are influenced by the crap spouted on here then you are deluded.

He will as I said get my support as does AN, and I''ve said this and I will again, AN has till the last two weeks done a fantastic job, for whatever reason which is all idle speculation and rumours which ever you believe, we are left with Grabban who has been poor for the last 6 months and we could have got shot of for 7 million, instead we sell our POT who scored 15 goals and worked hard last season.

I keep saying it and will continue, Hughton had an exceptional first 6 months here then took us to an utterly boring football and ultimately relegation. We will see how well we bounce back come Bournemouth who have their own issues with injuries, but Southampton we were very poor and lacked anything we had seen in the previous games, with what Martin said in the press about this summers transfers it will be up the AN and the players now to prove they are good enough to get 17th.

You do you bit on here for good causes and you and deserve respect for that, but you don''t own the right for opinions nor should you resort to as you always do putting down posters, poor form every time, from you older generation posters.

I don''t really see the need to panic on cover. I wanted a centre back to be brought in who was going to be first choice and strengthen the the first 11, cover wise I think we have just enough.

Right back we have Whittaker, Wisdom, Martin and even e.bennett at a push

Centre back we have , Bassong, Martin, R.Bennett, Wisdom and if we have to Toffolo played there for the youth team.

Left back we have Olsson, Brady and Toffolo.

That looks enough cover to me to get us though to Jan. we could be really unlucky and lose 3-4 players to injury and suspension and then Of course we are going to struggle if that happens, like every other club in the league would.

Yellow, I had hoped that we would improve our CB options not just cover in the squad. But we go with what we have, if they can cut out the laps they have in the key games then we might get the wins we need to survive.

On their day the back 4 can play good stuff, they are prone to lose players in the box, hopefully AN can address that and stop the far post being a weak area for us.

Not over concerned about squad cover, but would have been nice to strengthen the starting 11.

Grabban hasn''t been poor for the last 6 months.

And all the floundering and club beating going on is embarrassing and pathetic. Im gutted we sold Johnson, but I have to learn to get over that one!

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Whatever Indy.

You were all over Alex Neil because you reckoned he was too young and inexperienced. You''re all over Jarvis because you reckon he''s too old and experienced. There''s nothing wrong with having a positive default.[/quote]

And here come your brigade Nutty.....if Jarvis was on our wanted list then why was he a last minute loan? He is now into his last few years and not wanted by West Ham.

If you really think players read this rubbish on here and are influenced by the crap spouted on here then you are deluded.

He will as I said get my support as does AN, and I''ve said this and I will again, AN has till the last two weeks done a fantastic job, for whatever reason which is all idle speculation and rumours which ever you believe, we are left with Grabban who has been poor for the last 6 months and we could have got shot of for 7 million, instead we sell our POT who scored 15 goals and worked hard last season.

I keep saying it and will continue, Hughton had an exceptional first 6 months here then took us to an utterly boring football and ultimately relegation. We will see how well we bounce back come Bournemouth who have their own issues with injuries, but Southampton we were very poor and lacked anything we had seen in the previous games, with what Martin said in the press about this summers transfers it will be up the AN and the players now to prove they are good enough to get 17th.

You do you bit on here for good causes and you and deserve respect for that, but you don''t own the right for opinions nor should you resort to as you always do putting down posters, poor form every time, from you older generation posters.[/quote]

Interesting post.....you didn''t like the manager when he first arrived -  and now he has somehow not done well in the last two weeks?  In what way? Because we lost a match?  Because Grabban has had issues for whatever reason?  You can''t see that Johnson''s move was good for the club and good for the player?    Southampton you said were "poor" - but they beat us 3-0 - but doesn''t that say that they have better players, more money and were due a good result?  It happens.  Is not Jarvis  a quality addition to the squad and strengthens the left hand side?  Did we not keep Grabban because we couldn''t get our target Gayle? Did we not get Gayle in the end because CP lost Glen Murray and decided to keep him? Are "older generation" posters always wrong? 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Whatever Indy.

You do you bit on here for good causes and you and deserve respect for that, but you don''t own the right for opinions nor should you resort to as you always do putting down posters, poor form every time, from you older generation posters.[/quote]

Interesting post.....you didn''t like the manager when he first arrived -  and now he has somehow not done well in the last two weeks?  In what way? Because we lost a match?  Because Grabban has had issues for whatever reason?  You can''t see that Johnson''s move was good for the club and good for the player?    Southampton you said were "poor" - but they beat us 3-0 - but doesn''t that say that they have better players, more money and were due a good result?  It happens.  Is not Jarvis  a quality addition to the squad and strengthens the left hand side?  Did we not keep Grabban because we couldn''t get our target Gayle? Did we not get Gayle in the end because CP lost Glen Murray and decided to keep him? Are "older generation" posters always wrong? 

[/quote]

1, the last two weeks has tested AN, and the players against Southampton didn''t look interested, could just be too many unsettling issues over the past couple weeks, so AN couldn''t focus the players on this game. Could just been one of those games! We will see come Bournemouth. Till Sunday Southampton looked at odds and started the season poorly.

2, pretty much every club has a bigger budget than us as pretty much all have rich owners or years in this league, so should we expect to be turned over every week because of that?

3, why did we wait till last day when if Gayle was a real target and not panic buy, he was available? Bristol had agreed a fee a month earlier!

4, not in my book, nor my work colleague who is a season ticket holder at West Sham, he''s really gone down hill to the point that Championship sides said its not worth loaning him at 45k per week reported in the press. I''ve never rated Jarvis, just another journeymen like Pilks. Rather kept Johnson and got rid of Grabban.

5, Grabban is first off the pitch, never interacts with the fans during warm ups and has gone right off the boil. Not really sure why he wasn''t shipped out.

So to sum it up, not overly excited about our loans, think we got shot of the wrong player and the older generation tend to be the first in each thread to start the derailing by resorting to insults....because anyone dares to question the manager, board or players!

This is a forum, Carrow raod is where we need to support the team here we can discuss our thoughts.