Sign in to follow this  
Wiz

They know they've done badly.

[quote user="Indy"]As you said you didn''t say fantastic and I never said I''ll rate them during 90 minutes, but support them, as I have Hughes, Elmander and all the other dross we had on the pitch before.....support is given opinion is formed, easy really.

I don''t rate Jarvis and as I said journeymen might be the wrong phrase.....but not as good as some think. I''m in the camp that a 15 goal winger who won POT is far more important than a winger who is a last minute loan a cover.

Heck you called me into question and I have responded, what you think or believe is your own opinion.......opinion.[/quote]

Describing Johnson as a winger is pushing it a bit too far.  Jarvis is more aptly described as a wing player, but Johnson was more a left sided midfield player - effective last year at the level we were - which is why Derby wanted him - but more likely to be found out at PL level. Sentiment aside, it was good business all round for everybody.

And yet again you are putting words into things I never said.....Hughes and Elmander got my support even after I watched them week on week.....during a game I support the team, on here I form opinions. Is that too hard to grasp?

As for Jarvis, I''ve seen enough of him to say he''s not my type of winger, I don''t rate him. That doesn''t mean I can''t support him during game time does it?

It''s not hard to fathom!

Go on the next negative you can come up with for me.......

Possibly Lakey, but Jarvis won''t get much game time if Olsson and Brady stay fit, so an expensive option on the bench.

Just because you rate him as a winger fine, I don''t and West Ham don''t either as they have also done good business by off loading him to us!

Rather Johnson for me.

[quote user="Indy"]Possibly Lakey, but Jarvis won''t get much game time if Olsson and Brady stay fit, so an expensive option on the bench.

Just because you rate him as a winger fine, I don''t and West Ham don''t either as they have also done good business by off loading him to us!

Rather Johnson for me.[/quote]

My criticism of Johnson was always there in the PL because of his occasional - and sometimes regular - misspassing of the ball and getting caught in possession.  He revelled in the slightly more time and space that we had in the championship and he was superb for a large part of that season.  I''m actually pleased for him that he has gone to a club where he can maybe repeat the feat this season.  If he had stayed, we would have probably witnessed the same errors creeping back in to his game as last time - and as you say, Brady would be ahead of him anyway.  Jarvis is a more than useful back up plan and maybe more, if he can rekindle his form of a few years ago. AN is just the man to help him do that.     

That''s a fair assessment, but that could be said for O''Niel and the last two clubs promoted got shot of him.

Jarvis has got a fair amount of criticism last season from fans and only played a few games.

This international tag is a bit like grasping at straws, 1 game against Ghana!

As I said I''m not impressed but will be behind him Lakey. We shall see if he gets games and how good he will be for us, I''m not holding my breath.

Why aren''t you impressed Indy. Is it his crossing? Maybe he doesn''t track back? Does he cut the inside too much? Or outside too much? Do you think he''s ugly?

From the times I watched him for wolves he took players on and got a fair amount of crosses in, but he''s like Downing, loads of crosses with little quality.

Additionally we are critical of Redmond not defending, Jarvis also lacks a defensive game.

The hammer I know said most on their forum have been wanting shot of Jarvis since last summer!

For me he lacks the pace and guile he once had at Wolves and won''t add any quality to our starting 11, Brady will no doubt be first choice on the left, when Olssons back, surely Johnson with his utility would have been better cover?

So yep not seen much for the last season, but then he''s not played much.

What are your thoughts then Nutty, how do you rate him?

No from what I''ve seen, but that said was a few years ago and highlights from TV. Is that OK herman?

I don''t have anything but hope, that Jarvis can find form, that we get to 40 points and we give each game a damn good go.

That''s why I have a season ticket that''s why I go every chance I get. Just because I find fault in areas that I see doesn''t make me a poor supporter.

This is a forum not a Norwich City old boys appreciation society, we are all different we all have our take and should be accepted as opinions.

Martin gets unwarranted criticism, as do all players as we all see it differently from our own agendas and view points at the game.

Courtosy is an easy thing to give.

[quote user="AllenWickerbasket"][quote user="JF"]Im not inventing any injuries, im creating a scenario that will happen at some point before January. It will be a miricle if we go from now till then with everyone fit or eligble to start. 3 center backs are not enough and i would imagine that Neil allowed Turner to leave on the understanding another was coming in. Why that didnt happen is anyones guess[/quote] What are these center backs you talk of. Do you mean centre backs ? Footballers who play in the middle,the centre, of the defense,[/quote]Do you mean defence?  [;)]

It''s easier to spell[;)]Do you not see why posters get the hump with some when all they read is nothing but negative comments about the team, management and anything associated with the club they support?

I do Herman and for some reason some have personal battles on here. I''m not overly bothered on here as I have a great set of City supporters I meet every home game and we chat drink and look forward to the games.

There are some really negative comments but also some overly positive posters too....the balanced posters like Ricardo are superb.

I just think that some feel that because they organise some great causes on here make them better than others.

This is a forum for opinions and debate not lecturing or belittling, don''t you agree?

I don''t know why you get so hung up about me Indy. I''m just s poster and often one with a minority view. I never pretend to be anything else and I rarely even take myself seriously. Is your problem with Rays Funds? You keep me mentioning it yet I never do.

Back to Jarvis. You asked my opinion and he was as decent when I last saw him. But that doesn''t mean I think he''ll be as good now. I''ll make my own judgements on his performances while playing for us. Until then I''ll welcome his signing and wish him well.

Well if people care deeply about something and then see it belittled at every given opportunity then they will react, whether with anger, belligerence, sarcasm or humour.Yes this is a forum for opinions, but when those opinions just read like endless moaning then don''t be surprised if people tell you to sod off in a polite, or impolite way.

No nutty you came on this thread and called me a poor supporter for not rating Jarvis. I had my doubts about AN and still in small part do because he''s got a very big job this season, but has been superb in his man management thus far. Now he''s got another issue getting players back on track after recent events.

But I''m in no way negative on match day but understand that others around me are, some boo at times but who am I to judge them for what they do? What right do I have to call them poor supporters?

No one has that right in my opinion.

Still we go round in circles and like I said it''s been in unispiring but solid transfer window for my view point and I''m pleased we didn''t gamble 14 million on players with limited premiership experience.

That said I really believe we needed to sort the back line as the same players conceded 78 goals I believe last time round in this division.

I''m a fence sitter with a happy nature when I''m at the game, I have my thoughts on here and keep my negative thoughts for this forum and over the post match pint.

[quote user="Indy"]Possibly Lakey, but Jarvis won''t get much game time if Olsson and Brady stay fit, so an expensive option on the bench.

Rather Johnson for me.[/quote]Probably, but then under those circumstances Johnson wouldn''t have got much game time either if he had stayed. What seems still not to be understood was that Jarvis was not Johnson''s replacement on the left-wing. Brady was. Bought long before Johnson was sold.Even without Olsson, forcing Brady to play left-back, Johnson only started the first game and was then dropped to the bench. That tells you all you need to know about how Neil regards Johnson as a makeshift left-winger. Jarvis is not Johnson''s replacement but cover for Brady, and at least Jarvis is a proper winger, even if his game may have fallen away a bit.And in effect the same situation applies in central midfield. Johnson''s replacements - Mulumbu, Dorrans and now it seems Odjidja-Ofoe - were already in the building. The only argument for keeping Johnson was that he might have provided useful cover if we had a bad run of injuries and suspensions. But it seems clear from Neil''s selections that was the best Johnson could hope for. The argument for selling him was that we got an excellent price (one we were not guaranteed to get in January) that we can put to good use in the winter window.

I''m really pleased with the Jarvis signing. He really whips the ball into the box (ideal for Mbokani) and I don''t think we will have to wait too long at all to see a Mbokani goal assisted by Jarvis!

Not so Indy. I said because you slagged him off as an old journeyman without giving him a chance. And I still think the same thing.

You called me a lapdog of a supporter, I prefer the term happy clapper, but have no problem otherwise. So why do you have such a problem with my description of you?

I still haven''t changed my mind. It''s not just Jarvis. All those Bindy posts about Delia supporting the scum didn''t help. Or the immediate slating of Alex Neil.

At the end of the day your default is to moan and attack the club where as mine is to happy clap and defend the club. Chalk and cheese.

Now why the continual references to Rays Funds. What is the relevance to that and my opinions on the rest of tthe board?

Some of this thread is so hypocritical. Now I loved Johnno and for my support of him during his first 2 or 3 seasons I was ridiculed and abused by some of you who now seem to think he was a world beater.

Anyone want to hold their hand up and say what tosh they spoke about Johnson a couple of years ago ?

I must also say that it makes total sense however that we now sell Johnson unless you think Brady is not better than Johnson ? a central midfielder who played out wide as he could not get into center midfield where lots of you said he could not tackle or pass

Good post buddy. Im blessed with a good memory and have been interested to see those who never had a good word for Johnno suddenly moaning about his sale. To be fair I''ve seen two of them, one here and one on Facebook, actually say getting 6m for him was an unbelievable bit of business! Surely they should all think that way?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Not so Indy. I said because you slagged him off as an old journeyman without giving him a chance. And I still think the same thing.

You called me a lapdog of a supporter, I prefer the term happy clapper, but have no problem otherwise. So why do you have such a problem with my description of you?

I still haven''t changed my mind. It''s not just Jarvis. All those Bindy posts about Delia supporting the scum didn''t help. Or the immediate slating of Alex Neil.

At the end of the day your default is to moan and attack the club where as mine is to happy clap and defend the club. Chalk and cheese.

Now why the continual references to Rays Funds. What is the relevance to that and my opinions on the rest of tthe board?[/quote]

I have no issue with Rays Funds, I do believe you have a high opinion of yourself above others and you started the issue by questioning my position as a poor supporter.

Let''s not bother anymore as your a right old positive nelly in love with Delia and will never accept any negativity.....

So as far as I''m concerned your not on this forum and won''t bother with you again, how''s that?

Job done.

[quote user="Herman "]Well if people care deeply about something and then see it belittled at every given opportunity then they will react, whether with anger, belligerence, sarcasm or humour.Yes this is a forum for opinions, but when those opinions just read like endless moaning then don''t be surprised if people tell you to sod off in a polite, or impolite way.[/quote][Y][Y][Y]

Some of this thread is so hypocritical. Now I loved Johnno and for my support of him during his first 2 or 3 seasons I was ridiculed and abused by some of you who now seem to think he was a world beater.

Anyone want to hold their hand up and say what tosh they spoke about Johnson a couple of years ago ?

I must also say that it makes total sense however that we now sell Johnson unless you think Brady is not better than Johnson ? a central midfielder who played out wide as he could not get into center midfield where lots of you said he could not tackle or pass 
We now have a center midfield, whatever that is.  Anyone know ?

Well that''s up to you Indy.My opinion of myself is little different to your opinion of me. As I said I prefer the term happy clapper but otherwise pretty accurate. Your opinion of yourself is far higher than my opinion of you. But I can live with that. I shan''t have a little flounce and ignore you back though cuz I know I won''t be able to resist another dig next time you moan with no reason or make stuff up about our club.

[quote user="AllenWickerbasket"][quote user="JF"]Im not inventing any injuries, im creating a scenario that will happen at some point before January. It will be a miricle if we go from now till then with everyone fit or eligble to start. 3 center backs are not enough and i would imagine that Neil allowed Turner to leave on the understanding another was coming in. Why that didnt happen is anyones guess[/quote] What are these center backs you talk of. Do you mean centre backs ? Footballers who play in the middle,the centre, of the defense,[/quote]Oh, the irony.....[:$]