Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

dieumerci mbokani close to signing

thas a rummun wrote the following post at 24/06/2015 10:25 AM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanMCGMqvu8

Looks a powerhouse in the air, pretty quick, clinical finisher, but very one-footed! Not sure I saw him use his left once!

-----------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y5ShaY1AGw

Scored a cracking goal with his left here at 2:15. About the only one though.

What I would say though is that firstly that he''s played with some absolutely cracking players, and that his goal scoring has been consistently good. £5.5m for a 30 year old of this appeared quality is a gamble though. I would say around £3.5m is more realistic.

Seems to fly in the face of the British based players being targeted however has the potential to be a handful. £5m in todays market isnt that great even for a 29 year old, if he has a good 2 or 3 seasons and helps keep us up then he would have paid this fee off several times over. Lots of names being thrown about at the moment the dust should start to settle on a few soon

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Seems to fly in the face of the British based players being targeted however has the potential to be a handful. £5m in todays market isnt that great even for a 29 year old, if he has a good 2 or 3 seasons and helps keep us up then he would have paid this fee off several times over. Lots of names being thrown about at the moment the dust should start to settle on a few soon[/quote]

"We have greater knowledge in the domestic market than we have the international markets, but if we were bringing in six or seven the chance is the majority will be British-based players, although in the Premier League you also have to be aware of the international scene and look to Europe for one or two."

Seems to meet the second half of Mr McNally''s statement.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i''m off to Asda... will report back![/quote]

Check to see if they are stocking up with Um Bongo.

It''s a Nonmerci from me, but only because I wanted to make this lame joke; no other reason.

A big unit up top and as his record suggests, he''s a player who is capable of getting into double figures most seasons.

His style would suit many teams in this league but I''m not sure we need another striker in the Jerome ilk bearing in mind of all our strikers at present, he seems most likely to be here next season.

I''d much prefer for £5.5m to go towards the type of striker who will poach around the likes of a player such as Jerome.

Yes Miggins, I''m speaking in the assumption that either Hooper or RvW will be sold this summer in which we will need to bolster this position (hopefully with a better quality of player).

[quote user="Display Name"]A big unit up top and as his record suggests, he''s a player who is capable of getting into double figures most seasons.

His style would suit many teams in this league but I''m not sure we need another striker in the Jerome ilk bearing in mind of all our strikers at present, he seems most likely to be here next season.

I''d much prefer for £5.5m to go towards the type of striker who will poach around the likes of a player such as Jerome.[/quote]Who knows what our transfer plans/buidget are, but if - as seems likely - we are going to start most games with one up front then there is a strong argument for making that one the best we can get. Sentiment aside, if Mbokani or someone else is better than Jerome then I can see the logic in spending money there. After all we already have in Hooper someone who can play off a target man. And it might even be that Mbokani (or whoever) can also do that. I think there is less logic in spending what would probably be our biggest fee of the summer on a type of player who doesn''t fit into the manager''s preferred starting line-up.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]I personally would like to see someone like Rhodes.[/quote]

Rhodes would be twice the price of Mbokani - but is he twice the player?

[quote user="AJ"]An interesting option, but I don''t think it''ll be Hooper that goes it''ll be Grabban who''s been linked to Palace. Hooper is a great finisher and I think he''ll do well given the chance in the prem[/quote]

You mean the "chance" like 24 starts and 32 games total? You mean a "chance" like that????? How many do you think he''d score from play with a "chance" like that? More than 3???????

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Looks a decent option but I don;t like the element of the story in the Sun that says we will sell Hooper if we get him. Selling Hooper would be a mistake in my book.[/quote]

Yeah the team is gonna terribly miss the ever productive 12 goals from play in 64 GAMES OVER 2 YEARS that Hooper has added. Yeah, he''s GREAT.

jaemae2 wrote the following post at 24/06/2015 4:42 PM:

Yeah, he''s GREAT

------------------------------

We got there in the end, I agree.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]jaemae2 wrote the following post at 24/06/2015 4:42 PM:

Yeah, he''s GREAT

------------------------------

We got there in the end, I agree.[/quote]

I laughed, and if you were 100% serious, you''d have a weird definition of "great"

yeah I wasn''t being serious. As you know we''ve had many discussions on whether Hooper is bad, ok or good, but irrespective of what your view of him is, I was wondering WHY you think so little of him? is it that you think he is overrated by everybody and you find it annoying, or is is that you don''t like him as a person? I''m being serious with this question, it''s not intended to mock you, I''m not intending to go on a rant about why he''s better than you think or anything like that, but like I say, I am curious as to why you dislike him so much?

he looks ok don''t see why all the negative comments

almost certain some people on here think a player is dead and buried at 25 when in reality some don''t even peak until they are 29-30

[quote user="mrs miggins"]yeah I wasn''t being serious. As you know we''ve had many discussions on whether Hooper is bad, ok or good, but irrespective of what your view of him is, I was wondering WHY you think so little of him? is it that you think he is overrated by everybody and you find it annoying, or is is that you don''t like him as a person? I''m being serious with this question, it''s not intended to mock you, I''m not intending to go on a rant about why he''s better than you think or anything like that, but like I say, I am curious as to why you dislike him so much?[/quote]

It is the former of those 2 reasons you gave. Solely that. The overstatement is prevalent because he had success at a much lower level of competition that has a fairly strong track record of their "stars" coming over and testing their performance at a higher level and routinely being exposed. If you want me to be completely honest, Hooper''s a very good League 1 striker, and when he performs well is a pretty good top half/upper mid table Chamionship 1st or 2nd option. It hasn''t worked here, ultimately I do appreciate his goals this season and as a whole it wasn''t awful, it wasn''t "good" but it was acceptable for a 3rd/4th option.

I don''t see him working at the PL level, his movement there is poor and defenders easily take him out of a game. I do find the overrating of his success in the SPL as a surefire success here, bothersome.

I''ve given you a hard time in the past, because hey, "Message board" but I understand a decent amount of where you come from. Fairly sure you''ve got that. Apologize for the times if I ever pushed crossing the line.

I also get that Hughton was a very negative coach and that had a portion to do with the strikers struggles the first year. That however is a large cop out (for me) because although yes it made it more difficult people that can actually play at the PL can even have moderated success on teams like that. It''s not like Ulloa had the best service at Leicester (I''m a Ulloa fan and even his season the past year surprised me). Ings was on friggin Burnley this year and put in 11 with a midfield that had George Boyd, Scott Arfield, Ross Wallace and Danny Drinkwater providing the service....

All of the strikers that year were not up to the level and it had more to do than with "service".

[quote user="jaemae2"]I''ve given you a hard time in the past, because hey, "Message board" but I understand a decent amount of where you come from. Fairly sure you''ve got that. Apologize for the times if I ever pushed crossing the line.

I also get that Hughton was a very negative coach and that had a portion to do with the strikers struggles the first year. That however is a large cop out (for me) because although yes it made it more difficult people that can actually play at the PL can even have moderated success on teams like that. It''s not like Ulloa had the best service at Leicester (I''m a Ulloa fan and even his season the past year surprised me). Ings was on friggin Burnley this year and put in 11 with a midfield that had George Boyd, Scott Arfield, Ross Wallace and Danny Drinkwater providing the service....

All of the strikers that year were not up to the level and it had more to do than with "service".[/quote]

The point is that you will never get a striker scoring goals in a Hughton team. It is all to do with the system, where designated midfielders are not allowed across the halfway line. Brighton scored once in their last 7 matches. Stick Messi or Ronaldo up front for them and they would be on a fast track to retirement. CH attended the same training courses as Gareth Southgate.

From Turkish press:

Dynamo

Kiev president Ivan Surkis, confirms Dieumerci Mbokani was now on the Besiktas

transfer list. Surkis

“Hiçbir lejyoner, Mbokani gibi davranmadı.

Surkis "The player has not acted like Mbokani.
Ona

gerçek bir profesyonel gibi davrandık ama o psikolojik krizler geçirdi.
We treat him like a real professional, but he had

psychological crises.
Kendisini vazgeçilmez kabul

etti.
He acknowledged himself that he is not indispensable.

Şimdi yolları ayırmak istiyoruz ama bizim şartlarımızda. Now we want to go separate ways, but under our conditions.

İsteyenler var ama komik teklifler yapıyorlar. There are those who want to buy but they have crazy

proposals.
Bu rakamlara satmayız. We do not sell to these figures.

http://medyakartal.org/tag/dieumerci-mbokani/

From African press:Finally, Dieumerci Mbokani (30 years) will definitely not stay in Ukraine. L''ancien attaquant d''Anderlecht, qui évoluait la saison dernière à Dynamo Kiev, pourrait se retrouver en Espagne. Former Anderlecht striker, who played last season at Dynamo Kiev, could be in Spain. Selon les médias andalous, Malaga (qui a fini neuvième de la Liga), s''intéresse à son profil, alors que la direction sportive du Dinamo Kiev souhaiterait le garder dans son effectif. According to the Andalusian media, Malaga (who finished ninth in the league), is interested in their profile, while sports leadership Dinamo Kiev would keep it in its workforce. Le club aurait même repoussé les offres de West Bromwich Albion et de Queens Park Rangers en Angleterre. The club has even rejected offers from West Bromwich Albion and Queens Park Rangers in England. Mais Mbokani a la tête ailleurs, lui qui a eu des démêlés avec l''entraîneur de Dynamo Kiev jusqu''à être écarté du noyau de l''équipe première dès son retour de la Coupe d''Afrique des Nations (CAN) avec les Léopards de la RDC. But Mbokani has head elsewhere, who has been in trouble with the coach of Dynamo Kiev to be moved away from the core of the first team since his return from the African Cup of Nations (CAN) with Leopards DRC. Les jours à venir vont nous renseigner sur la prochaine destination de Dieumerci Mbokani Bezua. The coming days will tell us about the next destination Dieumerci Mbokani Bezua.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=fr&u=http://fr.allafrica.com/stories/201506240662.html&usg=ALkJrhgYWCQlwz5GTVrt8itXuWGlUqKQ4Q

[quote user="jaemae2"]I''ve given you a hard time in the past, because hey, "Message board" but I understand a decent amount of where you come from. Fairly sure you''ve got that. Apologize for the times if I ever pushed crossing the line.

All of the strikers that year were not up to the level and it had more to do than with "service".[/quote]I think that only paints half the picture. Under Hughton he was largely playing up front on his own while Wolfie was injured (and when the two of them finally played together, Wolfie''s form was rock bottom and Hoop didn''t really click with him). Hooper is not, and never will be, an effective lone striker – you mention Ulloa, he''s 6''1" and much more physical, so offers an element of ''target man'' that Hooper cannot possibly emulate. Hooper''s strength is as a 10, coming deep to receive the ball with his back to goal and link the play with neat little first-time pass-and-peel-off moves, and/or arriving from deep to feed off the flicks from a big 9. I think it was Paul Hayes at Scunthorpe and Anthony Stokes (among others) at Celtic who helped him to have an impressive goalscoring record at those two clubs.Much as I am a fan of Hooper as a footballer (and you clearly aren''t!), the difficulty is how we can accommodate him. Neil is clearly an advocate of the five-man midfield, therefore Hooper''s opportunities are bound to be limited unless a) Neil surprises us all and experiments with two up top, or b) Neil works on improving Hooper''s tracking back and work-rate, and encourages him to share the Hoolahan ''free role''. He doesn''t quite have the vision or flair of Wes, but his awareness and distribution is pretty good, plus he''s way better than Wes in the finishing department. For home games at least, he could be worth a punt in this role if we want a bit more cutting edge with two good finishers in the side. If Neil doesn''t fancy either of these options, I''d expect him to be sold.

But even if Hooper is used as the second striker that we bring on late in games to grab us a goal, he''s still basically the perfect candidate. Hooper''s only real attribute is finishing - he hasn''t got pace or strength - but why is this a problem if he is simply going to be used as a bit part player. If the ball was to fall to anyone in the box in the last 5mins of the game to win the game, most fans would want the ball to fall for Hooper as he''s our best finisher. However, there''s no way he''s going to be a regular whilst we only play one up front.

Some good points jaemae, but still doesn''t explain 1 thing-Hooper''s record in the Premiership is 6 goals in 32 appearances compared to RVW''s 1 goal in 25. How come you don'' t give RVW any abuse every single time his name is mentioned?