Sign in to follow this  
unique

First PL manager to be sacked next season?

Although I wouldn''t mind guessing the bookies will have it otherwise, would it be fair to say that AN is the least likely of the twenty managers to be fired next season?

I can''t imagine the Board or Norwich City fans wanting to see the back of AN regardless of any set of results, which makes him less vulnerable than all the other managers, and that includes Mourinho......

Look at Pearson this season, he very nearly got the chop despite working wonders getting Leicester promoted. Neil isn''t immune from the sack but so long as we are clear of the bottom three, he needn''t worry I guess.

I''d say the new Newcastle, Watford, West Ham and Sunderland managers will be vulnerable but out of existing managers, perhaps Poch at Spurs. Brendan has to be next favourite but I could see him gone before the season starts.

Even if Norwich were to find themselves in the bottom three, I think AN''s success this season would pretty much guarantee him a shot at promotion the following season.

''Failure'' at any other PL club will likely lead to a sacking.

I wouldn''t bet on Newcastle as they''ve not been too trigger happy in recent years. Even a poor manager lasted the whole of last season there.I''d say Pearson at Leicester is prone to doing something stupid which might get him the chop, or another bad start will see the owners go for another option to try and progress.

While Alex will be a long way down the list to be first it is not hard to see scenarios where his dismissal happens during the season and fickle fans turn. Unlikely but possible

I am sure that the board will have already assured him he has a job for at least the next two seasons. They will have judged the character of the nan and assessed that providing him with that level f re-assurance will not result in compacency. This has to be judged against the fact that he is looking to move his family to Norfolk, a big step, and is not an habitual footballing nomad, so a move is a big deal for his family. Even if we were to go down does changing manager for changing manager''s sake normally benefit a club. Interesting to se how Sean Dyche and Burnley fare next year . I''d hazard a guess at better than QPR and Hull provided he can re-invest some of the Ings money.

Just cant see AN gettting the push even if we have zero poins come the boxing day game against Spurs (LOL).

My money would be on the watford manager.  they might even be on their third come boxing day

Axe hanging over Pellegrini''s head and Martinez needs a good start to the season to win back some Everton fans.

Whoever West Ham, Sunderland and Newcastle appoint will need to impress in the first few months of the season also, clubs with expectations probably higher than reality can deliver - Sunderland love a sacking around Jan/Feb.

Can see Pulis and West Brom falling out over transfers this summer, like Pulis fell out with Palace.

Watford''s owners have brought a wonderfully Italian approach to managers so anyone there is on a few fine tightrope.

If after the first six games we''ve only got a couple of points there will be a number of people on here saying he''s out of his depth and needs to go, things can turn very quickly.

Sherwood? But maybe he''ll be gone before the season starts - like Rodgers.

Sherwood just kept the Villains out of relegation, but Saturday showed , for me, that he has not got a lot to offer.

It was a surprise when Rodgers got the Liverpool job as it was such a big step up for him - too big as it turned out.

Lambert took the more cautious approach, and we all know how well that turned out for him.

Funny old game. makes me wonder who''d want to be a manager - there must be something wrong with them, like with anyone who wants to go into politics, although with politicians it is because they''d be sh1t at a proper job.

Villa have shown they will only sack a manager in desperate circumstances, until someone buys the club off Randy Lerner it will coast along.

Rodgers has done a pretty good job at Liverpool, 2nd last season is a remarkable achievement. Liverpool will only remove him if they think someone else better is available. Kloop''s little announcement yesterday is the result of Liverpool telling his agent they are going to stick with Rodgers until at least January (unless Rodgers and the Owners have a falling out in his debriefing today).

As for why anyone would be a manger, seems pretty obvious really, even if you fail you get a massive sum of money. It is far more profitable to be able to jump between clubs getting sacked time and time again than holding down a job for a long-time.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]If after the first six games we''ve only got a couple of points there will be a number of people on here saying he''s out of his depth and needs to go, things can turn very quickly.[/quote]Agree with this.I''d be very reluctant to part with Neil next season under any circumstances- barring a total disaster. However, there''ll be plenty of people who currently think he''s the best thing since sliced bread who''ll suddenly get the knives out if, as suggested above, we are without a win in our first six.

How far would sentiment and loyalty go though? Say we were out of form but 2 points off safety and AN looked out of his depth, do we twist like Sunderland and try everything to stay up or do we owe Neil more than that?

I''d have thought that even though we can go on what they have achieved in their careers to date, the manager and players all start with a clean slate at this level. In much the same way Johnson would lose his place in the side if he performs poorly in the first few games, surely this applies to both players and manager. Hopefully we won''t have to worry about this though and i''ve got faith AN can keep working his magic here.

No odds online but Pearson at Leicester for me also decent 4 to 1 against odds to be relegatedAdvocaat if re appointed at Sunderland to walk before Christmas