Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

2015/16 Squad, Ins, Outs, Loans

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]not sure about Thompson - thought he was a wide midfielder?   But he is def one for the future.

How about Matt Jarvis as a wide left option?  Prem experience,  only 29 and hard working player. [/quote]Swindon mostly played with wing-backs this season, and he was one of the central three, so may well have pulled out wide on occasion. He is a central midfielder first and foremost, though. Anyone have any more concrete information about him? Would be interested to hear from anyone who has more knowledge of him than I do. Swindoncanary, I''m guessing you might be able to help?

Cheers FTW.    Am optimistic about him,  seems level headed and a talent - time will tell.

Back to strikers I return to Wolfsburgs Bas Dost;   He seems open to a move and mid table prem teams are circling for £8m so may not be unachievable for us as a target - although dutch striker and wolf in the same sentence may be enough for many to say no...

[quote user="yorkie"]Agree apart from Grabban and Voo, both will be out of place in the Prem. Cameron has grown as a player imo, fitter and stronger but will need back up of quality. Josh has to make a breakthrough soon, he surely has the talent.[/quote]

Rubbish. No one bar AN has seen enough of VOO to make that judgement or assumption. If you go by the reports when we signed him, there was a degree of shock that he didn''t sign for a premier league team or equivelent. That was from people elsewhere who had watched him play quite a bit.

As for Grabban - he may well prove not to be the next Messi but he was AN''s preferred choice when fit and also pretty consistent. He''s better than any of the strikers we had in the Premier league las time we were there and there are at least two strikers that will go before him.

RVW, Lafferty and Hooper would all be more likely to leave the club before Grabban. He out performed them all last season.

Put simply, we can''t afford to let one of our two best strikers leave. In fact, I suspect we''ll trim two of the current crop and add one of more quality if possible.

It all depends who is available.

Just cause we have premiership football, which was our goal, it does not mean we can sign all.

If a player is available that can strengthen an area of already good strength I would take it. We can improve in each position. I do not mind if we have 25+ it just means we can have senior players out on loan and maybe coming back in the frame in January or they can look at their next move.

EB is certainly one of those players, as is r Bennett in all honesty if we pick up two centre halves.

We are in a great position and I think if any player is available that offers strength has the right mental approach and can add then we should not dismiss him because it is an area of strength.

Roll on the summer, AN is going to be busy after his holiday. But again what a great achievement, it took a while to sink in - but our goal was prem football and we did it.

Was meant to go here:

We could always jump on other clubs rumours? Van Dijk and Clasie to Sunderland? Surely they''d prefer to come live in Norwich? Or Gignac? Perhaps he would prefer to be a short ferry from his native land? I wonder what the board are thinking with transfers. It''s not as easy as list A, list B etc.

Essentially it''s like trying to buy a house in some cases in that there is a chain and we are at a stage of that. There will be clubs monitoring the likes of Elliot Bennett and waiting for us to sign his replacement/ upgrade on the other side too.

This is where we have to decide if we buy the likes of McCormack, give them a good pre season etc. or wait for better players to become available with the risk they may go to bigger clubs or not move at all. I suspect this is how we ended up with Elmander as that final piece last year after what had seemed a promising and successful window of dealings.

So us Everton and Watford all interested in John Guidetti apparently.   Contract up in June with Citeh so probably just a development fee to pay.

Not sure he has lived up to his hype enough to take a chance?   Others prefered at Celtic which is a concern when we know Hoopers capabilties & impact up there - and no starts at Stoke the season before.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper desperately needs to go too. Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can''t cut it in the PL, and he is barely a 5th striker in the Championship as was shown this year.[/quote]So that ''5th choice'' striker got 12 in the Championship.Not a bad return. Definitely worth keeping. [/quote]

3 PKs HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EARNING, and then 6 goals came from the bottom 3. Yeah, it was pretty bad.

Hoops is quality, scored some important, great goals and has the best chant! . Hope he stays. God knows what your problem with him is, slightly disturbing.

[quote user="morty"]Lol, what exactly did Hooper do to you?[/quote]

Signed for the club I support, as one of the 4 highest earners on the team, then played with absolutely no heart and exposed himself as well over his head. Pretty simple.

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"]Lol, what exactly did Hooper do to you?[/quote]

Signed for the club I support, as one of the 4 highest earners on the team, then played with absolutely no heart and exposed himself as well over his head. Pretty simple.[/quote]Ah right, what does he earn then?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="morty"]Lol, what exactly did Hooper do to you?[/quote]

Signed for the club I support, as one of the 4 highest earners on the team, then played with absolutely no heart and exposed himself as well over his head. Pretty simple.[/quote]Ah right, what does he earn then?[/quote]

More than Jaemae, and I suspect that''s the problem

[quote user="jaemae2"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="jaemae2"]Hooper desperately needs to go too. Proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he can''t cut it in the PL, and he is barely a 5th striker in the Championship as was shown this year.[/quote]So that ''5th choice'' striker got 12 in the Championship.Not a bad return. Definitely worth keeping. [/quote]

3 PKs HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EARNING, and then 6 goals came from the bottom 3. Yeah, it was pretty bad.[/quote]

Absolute bollox. Enjoy the quoting.

As I said, i''m not going to fix the quote function that''s written wrong into the board, unless someone pays me, so keep whining.

What part is the bollocks, are you saying he didn''t score 3 PKs HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EARNING or that he half of his goals came against the bottom 3? Because if you are,., that''s hilarious.

[quote user="jaemae2"]As I said, i''m not going to fix the quote function that''s written wrong into the board, unless someone pays me, so keep whining.

What part is the bollocks, are you saying he didn''t score 3 PKs HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EARNING or that he half of his goals came against the bottom 3? Because if you are,., that''s hilarious.[/quote]

Jaemae you aren''t making any sense ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"][quote user="jaemae2"]As I said, i''m not going to fix the quote function that''s written wrong into the board, unless someone pays me, so keep whining.

What part is the bollocks, are you saying he didn''t score 3 PKs HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH EARNING or that he half of his goals came against the bottom 3? Because if you are,., that''s hilarious.[/quote]

Jaemae you aren''t making any sense ?[/quote]What''s new?[;)]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"][quote user="jaemae2"]As I said, i''m not going to fix the quote function that''s written wrong into the board, unless someone pays me, so keep whining.

Jaemae you aren''t making any sense ?[/quote]Oh dear Les,don''t upset him, he''ll only SHOUT SOME MORE!. [:S]

Anyone mentioned Chris Martin on this thread? What do we think of that, or has that ship sailed?