Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Match thread

Settle for that, only one team in it 2nd half & in honesty the Scum were poor.Shame we didn''t get another but confident about next week

Well I was disappointed we didn''t force the issue more in the second half as we seemed to get to their slower level of play. We didn''t deserve to win or lose. Roll on next saturday.

Tettey and Bassong played well.  Everyone else looked a bundle of nerves.  Martin took that to extremes and needs to sort himself out if he is to cope with next week.

Was never gonna be easy but advantage city, Tettey MOM for me. Clean sheet next week and we''re through.

We had poor movement, couldn''t pass for toffee and kept inanely hoofing hopeful balls forward. I lost count of the number of times we gave the ball away. We were especially ponderous, as if we cannot play a basic possession game, let alone the one touch football for which we were once renowned.Whether it was nerves or not I''ve got nagging doubts about whether we''re relying on psychology over technique, perhaps a hangover from frantically trying to recover ground instead of improving our game. Tactically we were clueless. The game was played at an unvarying speed resulting in us being predictable and easy to defend against.Okay we''re away in a derby where it can be a battle rather than great football. But we''ve got to improve fast and be better at the basics if we harbour ambitions of surviving in the league above. The result could have been worse, but we were dreadful and made a meal of the easy bits.

[quote user="93vintage"]We had poor movement, couldn''t pass for toffee and kept inanely hoofing hopeful balls forward. I lost count of the number of times we gave the ball away. We were especially ponderous, as if we cannot play a basic possession game, let alone the one touch football for which we were once renowned.Whether it was nerves or not I''ve got nagging doubts about whether we''re relying on psychology over technique, perhaps a hangover from frantically trying to recover ground instead of improving our game. Tactically we were clueless. The game was played at an unvarying speed resulting in us being predictable and easy to defend against.Okay we''re away in a derby where it can be a battle rather than great football. But we''ve got to improve fast and be better at the basics if we harbour ambitions of surviving in the league above. The result could have been worse, but we were dreadful and made a meal of the easy bits.[/quote]

That''s exactly what a binner report would say.

93 vintage did you forget that Ipswich were also playing in the game? they stopped you from playing a passing game and it worked .stop being bitchy lol

Who the fuck gives a shit Dundee about queens of the south and rangers? ...jeez I can''t take this much of Scotland in one week if this is what''s its going to be like.

Was never gonna be easy but advantage city, Tettey MOM for me. Clean sheet next week and we''re through.

How do you work that one out?! Away goals don''t count double anymore (in the play offs) thanks to Mr Sheepsha**er.

Norwich were poor today. Not very joined-up were we? Disjointed with a lack of conviction - our play was very lethargic & predictable. Player''s movement was sluggish & largely ineffective.

One mistake cost us & I fear that pattern could happen again at Carrow Road. If it does, Ipswich showed today they know how to contain us, so we MUST score first next game...

Lots to correct before next weekend!

it was very similar to the away game earlier this season, which was actually quite tight and could have gone either wayi think we will turn them over at carrow road as long as we dont concede first

[quote user="Herman "]It was lifted straight off TWTD.[/quote]You might want to try getting out of your armchair occassionally and actually support your team before you criticise others who''ve gone to matches. A paying fan has a right to criticise and be disappointed with a poor performance. We were bad today and Ipswich were there for the taking.

As people have said, we were pretty poor today, however scum fans are ecstatic and seem to feel very confident going into the next game. I predict a 2 or 3 nil win.

why is that dickhead from scotland still on here?

sooner they get independance and fuck off the better

[quote user="mrs miggins"]As people have said, we were pretty poor today, however scum fans are ecstatic and seem to feel very confident going into the next game. I predict a 2 or 3 nil win.[/quote]It could be interesting if they come to our place and sit behind the ball hoping to nick a goal. I think they''d be happy to do that even if it meant it went to penalties.

I''m sure they will do that, I can''t see it going that well for them either way tbh. I expect it to be decided with 70 minutes

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]It was lifted straight off TWTD.[/quote]You might want to try getting out of your armchair occassionally and actually support your team before you criticise others who''ve gone to matches. A paying fan has a right to criticise and be disappointed with a poor performance. We were bad today and Ipswich were there for the taking.[/quote]If you weren''t such so dishonest from the start I might actually believe what you write. As it is you are about as reliable as my old Golf.

Tettey my mom too and thought Redmond next best, was our best of the attacking options with him involved in most of our best attacking work

Jerome worked hard. his assist justifying his start, howson v good first half but overpowered second, dorrans good and unlucky to be subbed. Bj was poor, passing and shooting, and should probably have come off. Wes was disappointing.

We did look defensively soft in the middle and no surprise that''s how their goal came. Do we need an aerially stronger cb? Prob too late to change

Not sure how we add creativity to the graft as I suspect they will sit deep again.

We did control but didn''t do enough to win. That''s the challenge for next sat...

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Herman "]It was lifted straight off TWTD.[/quote]You might want to try getting out of your armchair occassionally and actually support your team before you criticise others who''ve gone to matches. A paying fan has a right to criticise and be disappointed with a poor performance. We were bad today and Ipswich were there for the taking.[/quote]If you weren''t such so dishonest from the start I might actually believe what you write. As it is you are about as reliable as my old Golf.[/quote]What the hell are you going on about? You''re obviously just a troll who finds pleasure in insulting genuine fans and making up accusations rather than going to games. It seems to be part of your matchday experience, a substitute for normal football fan activities like going to the pub or getting on a coach after a game.

To be fair our passing was shockingly poor, albeit better than theirs, with on 3 of our starter successful more than 2 passes in 3, dorrans followed by Redmond and tettey.

The team average was 60% That has to improve next week.