Sign in to follow this  
ViewfromtheJarrold

Russell Martin new 3 year contract! JOKE!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]If that is true then what an absolute joke!  I suspect even Russell Martin himself is embarrassed  at that![/quote]Such a shame the players can''t see what you can see with your view from the Jarrold. [:S][/quote]The Jarrold?The only view he''s got is staring up into his own digestive system!

He is without doubt one of the weakest players in our squad. To think the amount of stick Whittaker gets, Martin himself has cost us so many times this season (again yesterday).

[quote user="Excited Canary"]He is without doubt one of the weakest players in our squad. To think the amount of stick Whittaker gets, Martin himself has cost us so many times this season (again yesterday).[/quote]Without doubt? What makes you the sudden football authority?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Excited Canary"]He is without doubt one of the weakest players in our squad. To think the amount of stick Whittaker gets, Martin himself has cost us so many times this season (again yesterday).[/quote]Without doubt? What makes you the sudden football authority?[/quote]

Were you there yesterday,Chicken?. Didn''t his adoring fans see the left winger go past him,with ease,several times. No doubt Ray will be along soon. With his stats,telling us that Martin was MOM. For a balanced view on yesterday, just take a look at that young lads video on ''Talk Norwich''. He always seems quite astute. Just listen to his summing up after the match.

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]And here we sit again, post match, considering why we dropped points.

It is easy to point the finger at Lewis Grabban BUT unfortunately AGAIN our ''Captain Nice Guy'' is at fault for the goal conceded!

Just watch how easily the player walks past RM and is allowed to get a cross in - due to a half hearted attempt to block by RM.

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish - Tear up that three year contract and send him to Colchester - His correct level.

We will go nowhere with him at centre back!
[/quote]

Just a pity you did not notice he was playing at right back yesterday.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]And here we sit again, post match, considering why we dropped points.

It is easy to point the finger at Lewis Grabban BUT unfortunately AGAIN our ''Captain Nice Guy'' is at fault for the goal conceded!

Just watch how easily the player walks past RM and is allowed to get a cross in - due to a half hearted attempt to block by RM.

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish - Tear up that three year contract and send him to Colchester - His correct level.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I noticed where Martin was playing,Mr old Bill. Had an excellent view. Another weak performance. Seems the worse he plays,the more his stock goes up. Hope we sign better for next season.

[quote user="Mind the gap"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote] I noticed where Martin was playing,Mr old Bill. Had an excellent view. Another weak performance. Seems the worse he plays,the more his stock goes up. Hope we sign better for next season.[/quote]

Thought I was answering ViewfromtheJarrold ?

So the quality of responses continues to astound!Previously because I didn''t have many posts my views on Martin were rubbish but now because my ''view'' is from the Jarrold it counts as nothing.It is easy to spot those that don''t go regularly to games on here......I have seen every game this season and Russell Martin has nowhere near been OUR best defender, whether it be right back or centre half, so how he can be considered the best in the division is ludicrous.The facts are simple - If he had done his job properly yesterday and not defended like a pussy we would have won and been in the top two!Hard Cold Facts - Difficult for those in green/yellow tinted glasses with I Heart Russell Martin tattooed on their arse cheeks!

Who has been our best defender this season then VFTJ ? Mind you my view counts for nothing I suppose as I have only been to every home game this season and yesterday was only my 15th away game in 2014/15.

Only your 15th???? Well Done! (yawn)Best Defender this season has without doubt been Seb Bassong closely followed by Olsson.AND before we talk about how many games Seb has played - He has done more in the 15-20 games he has played than Russell Martin has all season.Russell is starting to remind me of Andy Hughes/Lee Croft and the love in Norwich fans had with these very average players.We need better We deserve better UNLESS you want to settle for mediocrity.

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Hard Cold Facts - Difficult for those in green/yellow tinted glasses...[/quote]What colour are we supposed to wear? Your blue and white ones maybe?

I havent posted on this thread before now but have posted my views of R Martin beforeHe shouldnt be captain. He is prob our weakest defender and to give him another 3 year contract is a joke, I can only assume we arent trying to get to the Prem, A premiership defender he is not, he is barely a Champ defender

I think the issue this season is that our defence as a whole has been poor and we have conceded some sloppy goals! RM is the captain and has failed to take charge at the back or set the right tone. His tackling (if you can call it that) is as weak as his leadership and only since the return of SB have we looked steadier in defence.

Martin has been poor all season and I struggle to understand why he is in the starting eleven. Perhaps, the view is that he has a role as a squad player in the championship as we continue the process of unwinding the wage bill.

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Only your 15th???? Well Done! (yawn)

[/quote]

You must remind me who claimed he had seen every game this season and in the same post deriding those who do not attend on a regular basis in an effort to make his point more valid than anyone else.

Isn''t it weird how professional players who play against Russel Martin week in week out see him as one of the divisions best defenders - yet our own fans, who of course are all ex-international managers themselves just don''t rate him?
No wonder people say footballers are thick! [;)].
For what it''s worth I think Martin''s done a good job overall this season.

Not one for stats BUT Martin has made 0.8 successful tackles a game this season........I guess that shows how good a defender he has been.I''m not sure the stats have been updated since yesterdays game but i would suggest from what I saw this figure is only going in one direction....and its not up!Watch the footage of yesterdays goal, the missed header in midfield, the covering back and then putting a weak challenge in before letting his winger comfortably put a cross in.  3 mistakes in one attack = GOAL ROTHERHAM

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Only your 15th???? Well Done! (yawn)

[/quote]

You must remind me who claimed he had seen every game this season and in the same post deriding those who do not attend on a regular basis in an effort to make his point more valid than anyone else.

[/quote]Rather contributing sarcastic meaningless drivel to this thread why not put your case?I''m sure having read your posts they will be articulate, well considered and suitably evidenced...............

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Not one for stats BUT Martin has made 0.8 successful tackles a game this season.......[/quote]http://math-fail.com/images-old/one-1.jpg

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]Not one for stats BUT Martin has made 0.8 successful tackles a game this season........I guess that shows how good a defender he has been.I''m not sure the stats have been updated since yesterdays game but i would suggest from what I saw this figure is only going in one direction....and its not up!Watch the footage of yesterdays goal, the missed header in midfield, the covering back and then putting a weak challenge in before letting his winger comfortably put a cross in.  3 mistakes in one attack = GOAL ROTHERHAM[/quote]Where on earth are you getting those stats from? What constitutes a ''tackle'' and what constitutes it being ''successful''?Lastly, if you have played any level of football you would know that the best defenders don''t have to keep ''tackling'' - the thing that makes them the better ones is their positioning, their ability to force players into dead ends withought having to challenge them physically and basically the better readers of the game.As for Highland - you are having a giraffe! Martin is more than good enough to be just a squad player. You''re an utter joke of a fan.

Well, IMO (which proves me right to me but won’t to others) this thread has brought some of those who really lack any meaningful understanding of football, out in force.

I am not Norfolk born but have been here many a year, when I first came here I was warned about the ‘Normal for Norfolk’ syndrome and to be frank never really understood it, now I do!

Our captain has been voted by his peers, and managers of the Championship, to be included in the Team of the Year, yet all some so called Norwich supporters can do is slag him off on the eve of (possibly but let’s hope not) the play offs. I wonder how he feels when he reads their comments, when all he has done, has been recognised by his fellow professionals, plus of course all our previous managers as well as the Scotland Manager, as a damn good player.

If we fail to be promoted these ‘so called fans’ will no doubt blame RM, when they should take a look at the positivity he exudes and perhaps reach for the skies and emulate him.

People (some) on here talk about all sorts, tackles, passes, blocks, etc. etc. but when the vast majority of his peers and opposition managers put him in the team of the year, maybe, just maybe, they will think it may be time to re-evaluate their own understanding of the game and accept they know diddly squat when it comes to football and its nuances. Unfortunately that is probably unlikely and this post will receive a whole host of abuse, but then (and some others on here will understand) we walk amongst them.

Sadly, I suspect nothing will change and the NFN supporters will continue to attempt to drag us down to their level of a ‘cup half empty’.

I make no apologies for posting this on both RM threads.

[quote user="jedi"]To be fair he''s not looked great at RB this season and he''s caught out more often than you''d like at CB it''s just he doesn''t always get punished but would in the prem.

Just hasn''t hit the heights of a couple of seasons back.[/quote]

And he''s been exposed (goals for the opposition) at least twice in the air playing for Scotland in the last couple of years.....and that''s during the small amount of time I have watched bits of Scotlands games

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Neither Martin nor Whittaker are good enough for the prem; both are adequate in the champs.[/quote]

Except when we play ''Boro

So after ANOTHER error by our green and yellow bleeding captain does anybody really still think :A. He should have got a three year contractB. He should be our captainorC. He should even make the first eleven.Shocking header to join his Middlesboro and Rotherham Guff Ups.......We would be promoted if it wasnt for him!

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]So after ANOTHER error by our green and yellow bleeding captain does anybody really still think :A. He should have got a three year contractB. He should be our captainorC. He should even make the first eleven.Shocking header to join his Middlesboro and Rotherham Guff Ups.......We would be promoted if it wasnt for him![/quote]Whether you like him or not, that statement is utter bollox!

Martin is the ultimate professional and has done really well in his time here, if we do go up I expect him to be moved to the bench and is a solid back-up. We got him on the cheap and has helped us to get in the PL in his first season and help stay there for the next 2. Lucky to have found him, but as I say if we do go up, with the money we''ll get, we can afford someone better.

I don''t think anyone can doubt that he''s the ultimate professional, first to training, last to leave etc etc and I''m not doubting that he has been outstanding for us in some games, but this season he hasn''t been at his best.

The problem he has is that he is not good enough to be a full back in the premier league, not quick enough, not great at going forward.mas a centre half he''s not quick enough or big enough, football has changed, pace is everything and he lacks it over the first 3 or 4 yards as Bamford proved.

The 3yr contract amazed me coming when it did, why not wait until the end of the season and then make the decision. If we get to the Premier League he will not be good enough for what we will need.

Pace isn''t everything, quality is. John Terry isn''t very quick but he''s been the best CB this season by a mile, perhaps along with Robert Huth who''s on loan at Leicester. I''m not comparing Martin to these two, but my point is that he still has a role to play at this club, even if its a valuable back-up player on the bench.