Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Who sundays match is against is of little significance.

We could be playing Birmingham for all I care. As long as they were above us by one point it''s the same game. Ipswich have been of little significance for many seasons, and there''s no need to change it for this sunday.WHO we are playing does not matter. WHAT (for lack  of a better term) does. Come on boys! push on!

P.Ssorry I left for a while without the obligatory "I''m leaving, you''re all idiots" post. but a break was needed from some of the drivel on here.

well it is because it''s a derby. As fans, most of us love a derby as we try to gain the bragging rights, its only natural.

It hurts that little bit more if we lose and it''s also that little bit sweeter if we win....especially as we''ll go above them, a step closer to the automatics.

Basically bring on the scum. We''re gonna smash em!

This game is of DOUBLE significance......

1. its against a team currently in third place who we will leap frog if we win

2. its against our bitter local rivals who EVERY City fan wants to tonk....not just another team in my book :-)

The Scum are our bitter rivals who I have hated for over 50 years and any match against them is of great significance. The sight of anyone in a Binner shirt makes my skin crawl and I won''t be able to sleep Saturday night without dreaming of a great day with friends both before and after the game. There is no other feeling like it. Bring it on.

There are plenty of good decent people throughout Norfolk and Suffolk! When it comes to football we probably want much the same thing – success. Taking a regional economy point-of-view it would be beneficial if both teams were to be promoted.

Sunday will be a vibrant game and one I hope Norwich will win. Hatred towards the opposition? No thank you - that offers a very poor return-on-energy.

Any derby match is more significant, by definition. We could be 13th and 14th in the league with "nothing to play for" and it would still be massive. As it is, our league positions make it even more epic.

Let me give you a few examples of ''hatred towards the opposition''.

Paul Mariner.

Eric Gates.

Matt Holland.

Terry Butcher.

Roy Keane.

Fabien Wilnis.

Connor Wickham.

John Wark.

Mick Mills.

George Burley.

Jim Magilton.

Alan Brazil.

The Twins on Norwich market.

That goal by Roger Osborne.

Getting their grubby hands on a European trophy.

Ipswich Railway Station.

Paul Jewell.

Mick Stockdale.

Simon Milton.

David Johnson.

Shall I go on....? [A]

Obviously Mustard has never been at Scum HQ and listened to that scummy buffoon Rob Chandler on the pitch leading the crowd to sing  ''Singing The Blues''.

Hate ''em just hate ''em. [:@]

I would suggest it is of far greater significance to them than it is to

us. For most of the past five seasons they have been of little relevance

to us. The only games we have played against them in those years we

have won easily. With it now looking more and more likely that

we will go up this season this could be their last chance to get some

pride back and at the same time slow down our charge towards the PL.

That was also what they were hoping to do in April 2011. Did form go out

of the window then ? Perhaps with the right results from elsewhere they

could be out of the top six as well come 4 O''Clock on Sunday.

It maybe me but does anyone else agree that we really are lowering ourselves using the word " scum".

I want us to win as much as anyone on sunday and love a bit of banter but that word really does leave a bad taste

Anyone agree?

How about if Tilly removes the word cheating, Would that help?

It was a serious point i was making that in this day and age there is no need to use the word "scum".

I take my ten year old son to games and have no issue with the banter and rivalry but feels that word is out of order , however i maybe unique in that .

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]How about if Tilly removes the word cheating, Would that help?[/quote]

Haha!

Tilly''s got it spot on, can''t believe how wet some supporters are towards those bastards. Sunday will the first game in months where I won''t be thinking about points and league placings, I won''t even notice it till after, it''s all about the win for me, nothing else - that simple. They won''t be waving their grubby fivers this Sunday, time to give them another footballing lesson.

[quote user="braintree canary"]It was a serious point i was making that in this day and age there is no need to use the word "scum".[/quote]Perhaps you should tell your Ipswich friends that. These threads from TWTD....."The scum are getting better by the hour according to a few""team i would go with for scum game ??""Where to go in London for the scum game?""looking at the scum stats"[:S]

braintree canary wrote the following post at 25/02/2015 8:40 PM:

It maybe me but does anyone else agree that we really are lowering ourselves using the word " scum".

I want us to win as much as anyone on sunday and love a bit of banter but that word really does leave a bad taste

Anyone agree?

I find the word scum to be insufficiently denigrating to describe the shit from down the road and I fact we should be calling them the cunts.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 25/02/2015 10:09 PM:

I don''t see the difference between * and *

Maybe we should ask Braintree which one he thinks is more appropriate. Bunch of * ''s would be my preference.

"Braintree - serious question

What experiences have you had at City Binner games? "

I was wondering the same thing, I wonder if he''s ever done the station to ground walk?

Yes ive done the station walk to station many times .

first time at portman road was 1979 and been approx times since .

I will bow then to all you guys who are obviously on a higher level .....

[quote user="TomMoore"]I would suggest it is of far greater significance to them than it is to

us. For most of the past five seasons they have been of little relevance

to us. The only games we have played against them in those years we

have won easily. With it now looking more and more likely that

we will go up this season this could be their last chance to get some

pride back and at the same time slow down our charge towards the PL.

That was also what they were hoping to do in April 2011. Did form go out

of the window then ? Perhaps with the right results from elsewhere they

could be out of the top six as well come 4 O''Clock on Sunday.[/quote]

You raise an interesting point perhaps without even realising it: what would you rather (beyond winning on Sunday)? If teams below us would win and knock out Ipswich from among the top six, or if they dropped points and increased the gap between us and them? Rationally, I''d take the second option.

I''m with you by & large Braintree, and I had the pleasure of a few of them screaming in my face back on a Monday night in 93, as I walked down Portman Rd in Norwich shirt.

I''m sure if an Ipswich fan walked down carrow r&d in his colours on Sunday there would be one or two of our fans screaming at them.

Seems to me like one remaining form of discrimination that is acceptable to most, sadly. I''d rather judge people by there actions, than there colours, but not adverse to some banter.