Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Easter weekend fixtures

Fascinating set of fixtures with all sorts of permutations. Derby v WatfordIpswich v Bn''mthWatford v MiddsbroLooking at those fixtures, if we get six points from our two matches we are guaranteed at least 3rd place.   Watford and Middsbro play each other on Monday, which means only one of them can possibly get more than 76 points, so get six points ourselves to put us on 76 points and with our goal difference improved by two victories, we will be in 3rd place.   If Derby beat Watford, and then Watford beat Middsbro, we would be second.    If Ipswich managed to beat Bn''mth, in that scenario, we''d be on the same points as Bn''mth.

The business end of the season has arrived!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Fascinating set of fixtures with all sorts of permutations. Derby v WatfordIpswich v Bn''mthWatford v MiddsbroLooking at those fixtures, if we get six points from our two matches we are guaranteed at least 3rd place.   Watford and Middsbro play each other on Monday, which means only one of them can possibly get more than 76 points, so get six points ourselves to put us on 76 points and with our goal difference improved by two victories, we will be in 3rd place.   If Derby beat Watford, and then Watford beat Middsbro, we would be second.    If Ipswich managed to beat Bn''mth, in that scenario, we''d be on the same points as Bn''mth.

The business end of the season has arrived![/quote]And if my auntie had balls.........[:S] [:''(] [:''(]

The games that worry me the most in the run in are Brighton and Leeds away and Fulham at home. I think we''ll pick up wins in the other 4 games, or at least 3 wins and a draw, if we can win on Friday night I''ll be extremely confident we''ll get promoted this year, I''ve just got a bad feeling about this game though in particular.

I''m not worrying about other teams too much though, if we get 5 wins we''d have been extremely unlucky if we missed out, if we don''t get the 5 wins we really can''t complain given the lower quality opposition we''re coming up against. Hopefully we''ve spent most of this fortnight working on our attacking movement and ways to break down defences!

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"].... if we can win on Friday night I''ll be extremely confident we''ll get promoted this year, I''ve just got a bad feeling about this game though in particular...[/quote]

I''d have a bad feeling if I thought it was on Friday night as I''m going. It''s a 3pm KO ( wink )

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Thanks Lakey[;)] [/quote]

Its a pleasure. I''ll try and let Tilly have the last one of the season though....don''t want him to feel left out....

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]I''m not worrying about other teams too much though, if we get 5 wins we''d have been extremely unlucky if we missed out, if we don''t get the 5 wins we really can''t complain given the lower quality opposition we''re coming up against. Hopefully we''ve spent most of this fortnight working on our attacking movement and ways to break down defences![/quote]

It is a delicious feeling to think that we can still get automatic promotion this season after all the angst earlier on - but it does still depend to a certain extent what other teams do.   If two of the teams above us win all seven - a tall order for any team, we can only stay in the play off positions, however many games we win. Can two of Watford, Bn''mth or Midsbro do that?  Unlikely, bit whatever happens, to get a promotion spot, we are going to have to win one more match than Watford and Middsbro to take that second place.  Can we win five and both Watford and Middsbro only win four?  I''m not sure. I suspect we may have to win six to do it. Seven and we might even pip Bn''mth for top spot, unless they lose form and we overtake them more easily.   With AN in charge you have to feel confident that we will put up a good fight over the next seven games, so whatever happens, its going to be close. 

Let''s just get the 6 points and see where that leaves us.

Potentially, that would mean we need simply a draw in the Watford vs Boro game and we''d be second! Both have looked a little shaky recently whilst still picking up decent points so it''s hard to call. Obviously if one has to win, we should be favouring Boro so we can complete the job over them at home.

I said at the time even though people were a bit tinged with disappointment how important Loza''s equaliser at Huddersfield was and I believe it could prove the difference.

Looking at remaining 7 fixtures for all, other than Bournemouth we are the side IMO most capable of winning 6 of these if not all 7, starting at Brighton tomorrow, come on you yellows !!http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-20.gif

Going to be an interesting Easter that''s for sure LDC. Looking forward to listening to our game then weve got the Ipswich v Bournemouth and Derby v Watford games live on Sky.

Will things be any clearer tonight - I doubt it

[quote user="cityangel"]Going to be an interesting Easter that''s for sure LDC. Looking forward to listening to our game then weve got the Ipswich v Bournemouth and Derby v Watford games live on Sky.

Will things be any clearer tonight - I doubt it[/quote]

[Y] Hadn''t noticed that all the relevant matches are staggered, right through to Monday.  I just hope we can kick it off with a win at Brighton - it would make wanting Ipswich to win a bit sweeter!

Great weekend so far - a win away, Ipswich holding Bn''mth, Derby holding Watford.   Stage four of the key games coming up with Watford against Middsbro at 12.30.   Not sure what result is best for us but a draw would enable us to jump to second place, providing we win today, plus it keeps Watford back a bit too.....

Sunny here, but it might rain later though, IF we get some clouds.

If we do get clouds then precipitation is only one possible outcome. Snow, hail or just cloud are other possibilities. We will just have to hope our clothes are suitable or stay indoors for a while.