Sign in to follow this  
TimDim

Automatic most probable

.....on the other hand, you don''t see Mr. Moore coming back and reminding us of his earlier prediction that "three teams will pull away from the pack." I suppose it''s not "time to believe" yet.

[quote user="ricardo"]85/86 points will be enough.

Becoming more likely with every victory.

Still need to win 9 of 14[/quote]Now 6 of 10[Y]

Whoever wins their next three games, out of the top pack, will go up, according to Paul Merson.

So it must be right.

[quote user="morty"]. There will be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season, with every side in the top six ( including us) showing that they are capablle of an against form loss.[/quote]A change of tune, as a few days ago you were saying.

[quote user="morty"]For instance I can''t see Derby or Middlesboro dropping too many points either.[/quote]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

.....on the other hand, you don''t see Mr. Moore coming back and reminding us of his earlier prediction that "three teams will pull away from the pack." I suppose it''s not "time to believe" yet.

[/quote][quote user="TomMoore"]It will look a bit clearer in a fortnights time

(evening 21st March). Which is after clubs have played an intense 3

games in 8 days. That will test all squads and should see a smaller

group breaking off to chase automatic. [/quote]

We have not reached that date yet.

[quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[quote user="TomMoore"]It will look a bit clearer in a fortnights time (evening 21st March). Which is after clubs have played an intense 3 games in 8 days. That will test all squads and should see a smaller group breaking off to chase automatic.

[/quote]

[/quote]

"a bit clearer"........."should see a group breaking off"

This is all very vague input from you Tom. I suggest you dare to believe what you say you believe in.

[quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="morty"]. There will be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season, with every side in the top six ( including us) showing that they are capablle of an against form loss.[/quote]A change of tune, as a few days ago you were saying.

[quote user="morty"]For instance I can''t see Derby or Middlesboro dropping too many points either.[/quote]

[/quote]"A few days" actually being over two weeks ago.And it was my opinion at the time, both sides looked extremely strong, and this actually reinforces my point about the unpredictability of this league.I say again, yes, we are doing well, but there will be plenty of twists and turns to come.

What exactly is all this about? End of season bragging rights for "I guessed correctly"? Old Moore has been trying to predict the future since 1695. Do folks never learn?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]What exactly is all this about? End of season bragging rights for "I guessed correctly"? Old Moore has been trying to predict the future since 1695. Do folks never learn?[/quote]I''m not sure why a City fan posting something positive on a City forum should upset you so much.

[quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="westcoastcanary"]What exactly is all this about? End of season bragging rights for "I guessed correctly"? Old Moore has been trying to predict the future since 1695. Do folks never learn?[/quote]I''m not sure why a City fan posting something positive on a City forum should upset you so much. [/quote]What on earth makes you think I''m "upset"? As I said there, I''m simply mystified as to the point of the posturing on this thread.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="TomMoore"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote][quote user="TomMoore"]It will look a bit clearer in a fortnights time (evening 21st March). Which is after clubs have played an intense 3 games in 8 days. That will test all squads and should see a smaller group breaking off to chase automatic. [/quote]

[/quote]

"a bit clearer"........."should see a group breaking off"

This is all very vague input from you Tom. I suggest you dare to believe what you say you believe in.

[/quote]Time for a few more to believe. There is ''a smaller group breaking off to chase automatic''. The question now is whether that automatic spot will be as Champions or runners up? I know what I believe.

If we''re still top two after I and the rest of the travelling faithful get home from Leeds next week then I will start to REALLY believe we''re going to win the title..

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Hmmm!![/quote]

[:)] No chance. 

Dear old Bor/Chops and all those other aliases that you use.  I used to like Chops, but he wasn''t real, was he?  Nor was that fake account you used to pretend you were me........even the original Bor wasn''t real was he and has changed from a beligerent old codger into an unpleasant *  

On the other hand, I played around for a while a couple of years ago, trying to hide who I was because I was getting so much flack, but I stopped because I found I couldn''t hide who I was, because with me, what you see is what you get, warts and all.  I presume you still play around with other accounts, as you have done it consistently ever since I have been looking in on this board?

Let he who "hmms" last, "hmm" the louder.

Hhhmmmmm!  [:P]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Hmmm!![/quote]

[:)] No chance. 

Dear old Bor/Chops and all those other aliases that you use.  I used to like Chops, but he wasn''t real, was he?  Nor was that fake account you used to pretend you were me........even the original Bor wasn''t real was he and has changed from a beligerent old codger into an unpleasant *  

On the other hand, I played around for a while a couple of years ago, trying to hide who I was because I was getting so much flack, but I stopped because I found I couldn''t hide who I was, because with me, what you see is what you get, warts and all.  I presume you still play around with other accounts, as you have done it consistently ever since I have been looking in on this board?

Let he who "hmms" last, "hmm" the louder.

Hhhmmmmm!  [:P]

[/quote]

Lakey, I do so want to see a statement of yours that I can agree with. I hope you don''t mind me removing one little "and" word from your input so that I can agree with you.

"On the other hand, I played around for a while a couple of years ago, trying to hide who I was because I was getting so much flack, but I stopped because I found I couldn''t hide who I was, because with me, what you see is what you get, all warts.  I presume you still play around with other accounts, as you have done it consistently ever since I have been looking in on this board?"

I commented on this thread in february that it was still possible rather than probable. With 18 games to go i felt we could afford to drop 14 points and get second slot. With 14 games to go we had not dropped any more. Now with 5 games to go i feel we can possibly still afford to drop 4 or 5 points for second spot. It would be madness to say automatic is probable but it is infinitely more possible that when we had 18 games left. The table will change over the coming weeks and we may yet drop out of the top 2 but hopefully still be in the top 2 after the Fulham game

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I love a change from "probable " to "infinitely more possible" Yorkshire.😄[/quote][:D] [;)] Indeed Jenks, delightful sleight of thought there. Mind you, the concept of probability was trampled over in the OP, so to be fair to Yorkshire, he''s only maintaining the spirit of the thread!

[quote user="TomMoore"][...... There is ''a smaller group breaking off to chase automatic''. The question now is whether that automatic spot will be as Champions or runners up? I know what I believe.

[/quote]

You certainly talk the talk Mr Moore but walking the walk is not so easy as you''ve found out.

All very well and good in believing but then to only come back on here after several weeks absence and only then when results have gone our way blows your credibility out of the water I''m afraid.

''after several weeks absence'' or the international break as others would have it. It matters little when I post. My prediction was that an automatic place was most probable. Any credibility can be judged by the final placings. I would suggest however that is now more a case than when I first posted. Then we were four points off an automatic place. Over the games we have played since we are joint top with Wolves on the number of points gained. It might help us all if you replied to what I post, not what your over active imagination invents.

[quote user="morty"]You mysteriously vanishing after we lose, but popping up again when we win is, frankly, a bit "I told you so"[/quote]Completely agree Morty.

It was either on this thread or another that I confidently stated we would win the league, probably late February or early March.

Looking forward to feeling really smug WHEN we win it. The £450 from the bookies will come in handy too.

[quote user="TomMoore"] ................. Any credibility can be judged by the final placings...................[/quote]Actually, no. The fact that I back the race winner doesn''t mean my horse was most likely to win.

[quote user="TomMoore"]''after several weeks absence'' or the international break as others would have it...... It might help us all if you replied to what I post..... [/quote]

9th March to 6th April ?.....that''s one hell of an international break!

I''m replying to your posts by saying that you''re a '' fair weather '' predictor that''s all. You may well be right at the end of the season but if you only appear when it''s all good don''t be surprised if people doubt your credibility.

After all we''ve got more than enough Ipswich fans doing that on here.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TomMoore"]''after several weeks absence'' or the international break as others would have it...... It might help us all if you replied to what I post..... [/quote]

9th March to 6th April ?.....that''s one hell of an international break!

I''m replying to your posts by saying that you''re a '' fair weather '' predictor that''s all. You may well be right at the end of the season but if you only appear when it''s all good don''t be surprised if people doubt your credibility.

After all we''ve got more than enough Ipswich fans doing that on here.[/quote]With respect, Tom''s credibility rests entirely on the reasons he gave for a top two finish being the "most probable" outcome. When and how often he posts is neither here nor there, nor is where we actually finish. He has been consistent in his position, and steadfast in his conviction, but neither alters the fact that his reasons have never warranted his conclusion. And they still don''t, even now.

Top two has never been a probable state - and it still isn''t.  The closeness of the top four means that anything can still happen. We have a slight better position atm, but it is very slight. Top two will still be one heck of an achievement - and probablitity doesn''t come into it.