Sign in to follow this  
TimDim

Automatic most probable

I hoped this moment (ie. that it is in our hands) would come sooner or later, but I did not see it coming this early. It further raises the stakes of today''s derby. Come on you yellows!

Yes in our hands with the fixtures. Just hope no dodgy ref today or loads of shots off the woodwork and a lucky draw for them. Its my nerves taking over as the hour approaches! Would anyone be satisfied with a draw though?

Explained on other thread J. Both teams could cancel themselves out. Just cold perspective and adult

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]
Still cannot accept that it "most probable". ..... if fact it seems somewhat expectational, which I find presumptuous. 
[/quote]I am presuming nothing. I am looking at how well we are playing. And I am also looking how how others continue to stumble. Both being the basis of my expectations..

Second favourites now.people slowly cottoning on to the fact that we are going to win this league.

"[quote]For instance I can''t see Derby or Middlesboro dropping too many points either.[/quote]It is now obvious that they will. The other part of my argument was that we will continue to ''steamroll'' our way forward. If we do, there is every thought that we could be top come Saturday evening. I will argue that top place for us is now not a matter of if, but when. The if, is can we then stay there to claim the title ?Time to believe.

Too many so-called fans kept trying to convince you it was silly to think we had a solid shot at making the top 2, and yet here we are, one home game against dismal opposition fromwhen th feet achieving it.

Your reasoning always made perfect sense, but those who think their feet are solidly planted on the ground failed to see the real picture and were blinded by doubt and insecurity. With feet so firmly planted, they can''t jump for joy and really appreciate the good times.

Let''s get tonights game out of the way before you start blowing your own trumpet.

Before the Watford game I said;

"I looked up the odds of us winning the league, which were 16/1 and lumped on."

We are now favourites with Ladbrokes at 13/5, happy days indeed.

Now that is the sort of crappy result that keeps most City fans feet solidly planted on the ground.

After six wins in a row I wouldn''t have bet on another. The automatics were always a big ask given how far behind we were before our recent run, but top two is still possible if we win a large percentage of our remaining games.

"Gainer the Gopher":"Too many so-called fans kept trying to convince you it was silly to think we had a solid shot at making the top 2, and yet here we are, one home game against dismal opposition fromwhen th feet achieving it.

Your reasoning always made perfect sense, but those who think their feet are solidly planted on the ground failed to see the real picture and were blinded by doubt and insecurity. With feet so firmly planted, they can''t jump for joy and really appreciate the good times."

Tell you what, junior. It''s more that having supported this club for sixty years, I know exactly what to expect from our team and it''s that every elation is quickly followed by a kick in the cojones. That''s why we don''t get carried away and why we keep our feet on the ground - we understand how Norwich City FC operates, and that is to mess with our minds and emotions on a match by match basis.

We may still manage the top two, but your complacency needs to be kept in check.

[quote user="93vintage"]After six wins in a row I wouldn''t have bet on another. The automatics were always a big ask given how far behind we were before our recent run, but top two is still possible if we win a large percentage of our remaining games.[/quote]Our run of six wins was verging on the absurd, given the form of most of the teams we played. Apart from beating Blackpool, whch was close to a given:Since losing to us Charlton have won four and lost one, away to Derby.Wolves since won three in a row before losing at Bournemouth.Watford''s loss to us was their only dropped points amid six wins.Blackburn have since drawn at Bournemouth and won at Sheffiedl Wednesday.Ipswich had won three of their last four before losing to us.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="93vintage"]After six wins in a row I wouldn''t have bet on another. The automatics were always a big ask given how far behind we were before our recent run, but top two is still possible if we win a large percentage of our remaining games.[/quote]Our run of six wins was verging on the absurd, given the form of most of the teams we played. Apart from beating Blackpool, whch was close to a given:Since losing to us Charlton have won four and lost one, away to Derby.Wolves since won three in a row before losing at Bournemouth.Watford''s loss to us was their only dropped points amid six wins.Blackburn have since drawn at Bournemouth and won at Sheffiedl Wednesday.Ipswich had won three of their last four before losing to us.[/quote]Yes, in the 10 games previous to yesterday we gained 25 points in 10 games (2.5 pts/game) but only moved up 2 places from 7th to be 2 points clear of that position. Bournemouth may well continue to pick up points after their recent drop off in form, making it ever harder for us to finish in the top 2.I don''t think we can afford any more losses and can tolerate only the odd draw. We''re probably still going to have to rely on three of the four teams above to slip up, notwithstanding any games they have between themselves.

The only probability is that it is going to be tough.  As was said by several people before we lost to Wigan, it will be a grind, with ups and downs and excitement and tension along the way.  We need to win matches, by whatever means, even if it means winning ugly.  We lost a cup final on Wednesday, but the good thing is we have another cup final to look forward to at Millwall. 

Then ten more after that.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Well Tom you haven''t re-surfaced since Wednesday''s little setback.

Still confident we''re nailed-on for the title ?[/quote]I never stated that. I said that we would be top at some point and the challenge would be to stay there. At the start of this thread we were six points from the top. We are now a point off the top. I said that others would drop points. They have, consistently. At the turn of the year we were 11 points off the top place. 10 points gained in 12 games sincenthen. How far can we pull ahead over the next 10 games ?Time to believe.

You mysteriously vanishing after we lose, but popping up again when we win is, frankly, a bit "I told you so"

Not interested in the arguments, so not taking sides.

Interesting that despite the league position, a few bookies have us down to win the league.

If i took the emotion out and didnt support Norwich, i think our form was such that i would bet on us to win the league.

The style of footy we play now removes some of the randomness of football as our superior players to most teams will retain possession of the footy and as everyone knows, you need the footy to win. AN takes all the credit for our better footballing style.

I think because of this we will remain more consistent unlike earlier in the season.

The only added factor really in this is nerves and a little bit of luck with injuries and ref decisions.

[quote user="Downloads"]Not interested in the arguments, so not taking sides.

Interesting that despite the league position, a few bookies have us down to win the league.

If i took the emotion out and didnt support Norwich, i think our form was such that i would bet on us to win the league.

The style of footy we play now removes some of the randomness of football as our superior players to most teams will retain possession of the footy and as everyone knows, you need the footy to win. AN takes all the credit for our better footballing style.

I think because of this we will remain more consistent unlike earlier in the season.

The only added factor really in this is nerves and a little bit of luck with injuries and ref decisions.[/quote]Yes, but you could say the same about all the teams currently in the top six. They all play good football and if you look at the possession, pass completion and other stats there is little difference between them.Given how even the contest is in those terms, you don''t mention the most important factor on which promotion now depends, mental strength. Which teams have the most belief , confidence and the greatest will to win? I''d put Watford and Bournemouth among the top three in that respect. When it comes to us, for me there''s still a question mark. We had a great opportunity on Wednesday night and failed to take it.

No Downloads, its not about an argument. More reinforcing the opinion that it is possible, not probable. There will be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season, with every side in the top six ( including us) showing that they are capablle of an against form loss.

[quote user="morty"]You mysteriously vanishing after we lose, but popping up again when we win is, frankly, a bit "I told you so"[/quote]
Quite.