Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

The next 4 games

It''s been well discussed on this board as well as other places hoe important the next 4 games are;Wolves (H)Watford (A)Blackburn (A)1p5wich (H)What is the minimum points we need from these games to push on? I''d be interested to know what others think.Personally, I think - win the home games, draw the away games = 8 points. Less than 6 will put us behind the 8-ball a little.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]It''s been well discussed on this board as well as other places how important the next 4 games are;Wolves (H)Watford (A)Blackburn (A)1p5wich (H)What is the minimum points we need from these games to push on? I''d be interested to know what others think.Personally, I think - win the home games, draw the away games = 8 points. Less than 6 will put us behind the 8-ball a little.[/quote][edit button]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?[/quote]We must not lose against Ipswich.

We need to be taking points off of the teams above us so while I think 10pts from those games would be a great haul, we need to beat Ipswich and Watford.

12 points please.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?[/quote]We must not lose against Ipswich.[/quote]Points win prizes, not our rivalry with Ipswich.  I''d take the nine points, even if  it means losing to the binners in the process.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?[/quote]We must not lose against Ipswich.[/quote]Points win prizes, not our rivalry with Ipswich.  I''d take the nine points, even if  it means losing to the binners in the process.

[/quote]See, your first mistake there is thinking I have any interest in your opinion.Seriously, don''t bother.

At an absolute minimum, we need 7 points. THis would preferrably be beating Ipswich and Watford, drawing with Wolves and losing to Blackburn.

We are obviously looking up as opposed to down, so with them results, we''d be right back in the playoff picture.

If we are still thinking of top two, then we need all 12 points.

If we were to get that, I actually think we''d be right back in the mix for that.

Yeah, but how long would it be before our "experienced manager" was getting a "knee operation"

Totally agree here, beating Ipswich would be vital for morale (for everyone) and give us a big boost for the final push.

Apples 

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?[/quote]We must not lose against Ipswich.[/quote]Points win prizes, not our rivalry with Ipswich.  I''d take the nine points, even if  it means losing to the binners in the process.[/quote]See, your first mistake there is thinking I have any interest in your opinion.Seriously, don''t bother.[/quote]

Err.........there are more people on this board than just you your lord and holiness.  I was answering the question about Ipswich for anyone that wants to read it.  That is what message boards are for.

Obviously the more points we have the better. If you''re asking whats better; being above them but losing to them or being below them but winning against them, i''d take the 1st option. ...but why should that be the only options? although I know it''s only hypothetical...surely we can have another 9-2? ;)

8 points is a minimum requirement from the next 4 games.If we don''t make it this year it will become much harder next year.Failure is not an option.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Obviously the more points we have the better. If you''re asking whats better; being above them but losing to them or being below them but winning against them, i''d take the 1st option. ...but why should that be the only options? although I know it''s only hypothetical...surely we can have another 9-2? ;)[/quote]

We could be level with them and get a draw.

We cannot afford to drop many points due to the teams above us generally being superior. We need to somehow get better results in order to overtake them. Therefore 10 points is a minimum otherwise the pressure will increase as we start running out of games.

The teams above aren''t superior, just consistent. That''s the major disappontment for many.

The teams above us are either secretly owned by multi-millionaires (shhhh Bournemouth have a billionaire Russian but don''t tell anyone, they are the "plucky little club that could") have momentum from a previous promotion or have come close to promotion in previous seasons and had fallen short. And ipswich, who like to hoof it

If you take into consideration clubs like us usually fall like a ton of bricks we aren''t doing horrendously bad keeping in touch. I''d prefer better of course and believe we will get there but like I said not the worst. We haven''t capitulated as some would claim/crave

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?[/quote]We must not lose against Ipswich.[/quote]Points win prizes, not our rivalry with Ipswich.  I''d take the nine points, even if  it means losing to the binners in the process.

[/quote]

And that last statement is exactly why you will only ever be a plastic Long Distance

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think 9 points will be good, and achievable. 3 win and a loss. It will be difficult, but with this team, very doable.[/quote]Purely hypothetically, as I know they''re not mutually exclusive, but - What would you prefer - 6 points, but win against 1p5wich, or 9 points, but our loss is against 1p5wich?[/quote]We must not lose against Ipswich.[/quote]Points win prizes, not our rivalry with Ipswich.  I''d take the nine points, even if  it means losing to the binners in the process.[/quote]

And that last statement is exactly why you will only ever be a plastic Long Distance[/quote]

And you will only ever be parochial and narrow minded .   The question was basically would you rather have 6 points or 9.  Any Norwich supporter worth their salt would want the 9 points, as the extra 3 points could mean the difference between second and third place in the table at the end of the season.    F*** Ipswich. They are nothing compared to Norwich - whatever the score between the two clubs. I''d take the 9 points for the well being of the club.  You''d take the 6 points to satisfy your ego.

I see it like this. the Ipswich game is totally a matter of pride for the fans, we must not lose it, simple as.

Whatever happens prior to this game or afterward counts for little, the likelihood is that we could end up facing them in the playoffs, beating them twice prior to that will also give us the psychological upperhand.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]I see it like this. the Ipswich game is totally a matter of pride for the fans, we must not lose it, simple as.

Whatever happens prior to this game or afterward counts for little, the likelihood is that we could end up facing them in the playoffs, beating them twice prior to that will also give us the psychological upperhand.[/quote][Y]