Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

A point on Sunday and we're out of bottom 3

Tomorrow at Stamford Bridge will be the equivalent of a disorganised rabble wielding pointed sticks against a highly disciplined force armed with the latest bullet-firing technology. Not unlike Rorke''s Drift...

Im a positive person and i have believed we would do it, even during the dark times under Hughton, and my positivity was at its highest after the Liverpool game.

But lets face it, its over. Sunderland could get a win today at Man Utd if theyve got half the squad out. And we will lose at Chelsea you can bet on that.

If Sunderland do lose today they will most likely beat West Brom next wednesday and that will be that.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Im a positive person and i have believed we would do it, even during the dark times under Hughton, and my positivity was at its highest after the Liverpool game. But lets face it, its over. Sunderland could get a win today at Man Utd if theyve got half the squad out. And we will lose at Chelsea you can bet on that. If Sunderland do lose today they will most likely beat West Brom next wednesday and that will be that.[/quote]

We can still overhaul Villa.

Agree Yorkshire,

In my optimistic moments I see us in with a shout of another 4 points. Trouble is I do not think 36 points will be enough.

We need a Roy of the Rovers totally improbable two wins.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]If Aston Villa don''t win on Saturday and we get a point on Sunday then they are knees deep in it too.[/quote]

Yep, that is about our best shot. But even that scenario relies on Villa getting zilch from their last three games. A point anywhere and even if we get 4, they stay above us on goal difference. Now that would hurt!

The only other option is for Sunderland to suddenly lose the form they have just found.

"Tomorrow at Stamford Bridge will be the equivalent

of a disorganised rabble wielding pointed sticks against a highly

disciplined force armed with the latest bullet-firing technology. Not

unlike Rorke''s Drift..."A poor analogy.  The Zulu army was anything but a rabble.  Hours earlier they proved more than capable of smashing a British force to bits.The only reason they didn''t take Rorke''s Drift is because they hadn''t eaten for about two days and just ran out of steam.History lesson over.We will get absolutely destroyed by Chelsea.

[quote user="ref89"]"Tomorrow at Stamford Bridge will be the equivalent

of a disorganised rabble wielding pointed sticks against a highly

disciplined force armed with the latest bullet-firing technology. Not

unlike Rorke''s Drift..."A poor analogy.  The Zulu army was anything but a rabble.  Hours earlier they proved more than capable of smashing a British force to bits.The only reason they didn''t take Rorke''s Drift is because they hadn''t eaten for about two days and just ran out of steam.History lesson over.We will get absolutely destroyed by Chelsea.
[/quote]I am up to speed on Isandlwana. I was more referencing a Monty Python sketch (John Cleese: "Ooh, ooh, ooh; want to learn how to defend yourself against pointed sticks, do we?") than trying to be historically accurate...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Tomorrow at Stamford Bridge will be the equivalent of a disorganised rabble wielding pointed sticks against a highly disciplined force armed with the latest bullet-firing technology. Not unlike Rorke''s Drift...
[/quote]

That''s the ticket Purple! Don''t inject all your positivity in one go. Keep your powder dry.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Tomorrow at Stamford Bridge will be the equivalent of a disorganised rabble wielding pointed sticks against a highly disciplined force armed with the latest bullet-firing technology. Not unlike Rorke''s Drift...[/quote]

That''s the ticket Purple! Don''t inject all your positivity in one go. Keep your powder dry.

[/quote]Yankee, I am always afraid that if I and Lakey post virtually simultaneously this message-board will explode from an overload of optimism...

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Purple - maybe we are not ready for the pointed sticks. We should take the field at the Bridge armed with the fruit![/quote]Loganberries in particular. Mourinho won''t have a clue how to defend against loganberries...

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Delusion 1000. I can only imagine Jenkins hasn''t followed Norwich for many years or he''d know how it goes by now. We will get hammered, no if''s, but''s, or maybe''s. Sunderland will get a result at Man Utd. They are bang average and were there for the taking last week, the fact we lost 4-0 to that side shows how truly woeful we are.[/quote]

Looks like I''m spot on again.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Would you like to explain how getting behind our team is stirring up the SH1T now Carra?.

What an amazing post to see on a Norwich forum.

Irony at its very best.[/quote]You obviously aren''t stupid and nor am I... I know a wind-up when I see it...I see you took exception to my post as if it was personally addressed to you... ah well, I take it you have multiple accounts?Morty gave the info I was after Brienne, thanks for that - just interested - no agenda, if you want to continue the conversation about irony feel free to PM me anytime [:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Jenkins"]....a point on Sunday will see us out of the bottom three.

Fulham, Sunderland and Cardiff all have tough away fixtures from which they will get nothing.....[/quote]Oh, if only life was that simple......[/quote]There''s always some stupid sods ( Sunderland ) who don''t understand how this game works.....[:D]

Carra Rud wrote the following post at 03/05/2014 4:13 PM:

Jenkins wrote:

Would you like to explain how getting behind our team is stirring up the s*** now Carra?. What an amazing post to see on a Norwich forum. Irony at its very best.

You obviously aren''t stupid and nor am I... I know a wind-up when I see it...

I see you took exception to my post as if it was personally addressed to you... ah well, I take it you have multiple accounts?

Morty gave the info I was after Brienne, thanks for that - just interested - no agenda, if you want to continue the conversation about irony feel free to PM me anytime

So did you tell me how getting behind the team was stirring up the SH1T?

No didn''t think you did!

[quote user="Jenkins"]Feel free to PM me if your too shy to post the answer.[/quote]I think you''ve made yourself look rather silly in the circumstances Brienne.Like I say feel free to PM me if you want to continue with it [:D]

[quote user="Jenkins"]Cardiff stuffed, Fulham stuffed, Sunderland hang on for a win.[/quote]

whats your point

Amongst all this misery Purple your loganberry quip is still making me chuckle.

Thanks for getting me to look on the bright side of life!