Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Ruddy not starting according to sky

[quote user="Al"][quote user="GJP"]

There''s no point playing Forster tonight if he''s not going to play him or Ruddy against Germany.

Everyone knows what Hart is capable of - and he''s been in decline the last couple of years anyway.

He either needs to give Fraser another chance or he needs to let Ruddy have a go. Putting Hart back in against Germany would just send out a message that it was a token gesture and his place is safe - which it shouldn''t be.

[/quote]

It was always going to be a token gesture. Hart number 1 & Foster number 2 is set in stone. Forster & Ruddy are fighting for number 3 that''s all[/quote]

Well it shouldn''t be set in stone as Ben Foster is a bang average keeper who has done nothing to deserve being in the squad let alone number 2. He also made himself unavailable for England a whole back so in my view should never have been picked again.

Hodgson is no different to any other England Manager, Norwich players will always be over looked, If I was Ruddy I would tell him to stuff it and walk out of the England  Set up  

I think the playing of Forster instead of Ruddy last night is really bad news for us unless Ruddy sees some action against Germany.

If it is clear he is behind Forster and foster then the temptation to move to a bigger club in January will be even greater. The fact that it is a World Cup year as well means he should be doing anything he can to make that squad. Sadly even sitting on a bench for a big club may even help.

Are only conciliation may be that as we have the England coach in our set up it gives him the chance to make an impression every day

[quote user="rock bus"]I think the playing of Forster instead of Ruddy last night is really bad news for us unless Ruddy sees some action against Germany. If it is clear he is behind Forster and foster then the temptation to move to a bigger club in January will be even greater. The fact that it is a World Cup year as well means he should be doing anything he can to make that squad. Sadly even sitting on a bench for a big club may even help. Are only conciliation may be that as we have the England coach in our set up it gives him the chance to make an impression every day[/quote]

doesn''t seemed to have worked so far

What a lot whining I see going on with heads in the sand as well. There are a mere handful of keepers "in the frame" for England and Ruddy is one of them. Goalkeepers are like every other player, they can lose form and they can get injured. These are real possibilities. If John Ruddy stays healthy and has good form for the rest of the season he likely will get his opportunity. If and when he does he knows he will have to seize it. I certainly hope Ruddy has a much more positive attitude than some of the opinions I see being expressed here.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Gutted for big John but his time will come.[/quote]

But not tomorrow night either, Hope Germany give Hart back ache with picking the ball out of the net, Hodgson is an A............LE

like I said earlier he should tell him to stuff it

I fail to see why Ruddy has not told Watson, Hodgson, and England to shove it up their ass..Ruddy works with Watson at club level, and I believe must have some input into telling Hodgson how the keepers in the England squad are performing.Forster plays against non premiership teams, and a few matches in champions league. Hart has been dropped for his team.If I was Ruddy, I would be gutted and disgusted that Forster gets to play 90 minutes for his country to show how he can let in goals as easy as Hart does, and I was not given any opportunity at all.That treatment would tell me that the management does not really consider me suitable for the role, and would walk away.And I would have concerns with what Watson is telling Hodgson.

The other side is Watson is screaming to get Ruddy a start in goal, and Hodgson is ignoring him (as is his right as manager).

Would like to hear why Ruddy has not been given his chance in these friendlies, rather than why Hodgson has decided to pick someone that has been dropped by his team.

You would certainly have thought having Watson at the club would have given Ruddy a bit of an advantage over Forster, but it all depends what Watson is actually saying to Woy doesn''t it.

The manager is obviously going to make his own mind up but if Watson has been putting in a good word for John then it clearly is having little impact.

I''m really quite annoyed about how Ruddy has been treated over these two games. I think its appalling man management by Hodgson but perhaps he feels with back up keepers it doesn''t matter so much. In my view there is a difference between international and club management in this regard because mist clubs have a number 2 keeper who is either a youngster or a journeyman number 2 and doesn''t expect to play whereas all 3 keepers in the England set up are keepers who are used to playing regularly in their teams.

As you say the fact our goalkeeping coach is also the England goalkeeping coach makes it even stranger.Either he''s just ignored by Hodgson or he''s been pushing ruddy but been ignored or he has advised Hodgson that Forster should be given a chance ahead of him on Friday. Either way I hope big John doesn''t get too down about not being given a chance.

Jim Smith wrote "As you say the fact our goalkeeping coach is also the England goalkeeping coach makes it even stranger.Either he''s just ignored by Hodgson or he''s been pushing ruddy but been ignored or he has advised Hodgson that Forster should be given a chance ahead of him on Friday. Either way I hope big John doesn''t get too down about not being given a chance. "

It''s an interesting one Jim. I would hope that Hodgson talks to players like Ruddy and explains what he wants him to work on to improve his game and give him a chance of playing. Maybe I am being naive here but that must happen?

So presumably Watson will be advising Roy about where Ruddy needs to improve whilst at the same time he will be working on those things with him up at Colney!

I wonder what they are?

Perhaps, and I know that you will have to bear with me about this one as it would mean that there was no anti-Norwich conspiracy at play here, because the England goalkeeping coach works with Ruddy day in day out he knows exactly what he can do, Fraser Forster on the other hand they see intermittently and has very little opportunity to play against good quality opposition and so is a bit of a mystery and they wanted to see how he coped in the international arena. The fact that Forster was selected for the Chile match doesn''t necessarily mean that he is ahead of Ruddy, it just means that they wanted to see what he could do and from my perspective it wasn''t that much, he had mediocre to poor ditribution and as some other posters have pointed out looked a little bit slow and laboured at times. I fully expect that if JR has a reasonable second half of the season and stays healthy he will be on the plane to Brazil.

That''s a reasonable argument Cornish, but we do see Forster in CL games!

If the general view however, as you suggest, is that he is playing against lower quality teams on a regular basis, I have to agree.

You must then question why he is in the squad at all?

Joe Hart just came out of his area and took out his defender who had controlled the ball on his chest.

He is a clown

ITV commentator.......Good to see Roy give all his squad a run out to thank them for turning up..........Except for big John!!!!!!!!

Cheers Wot. How to really make someone feel wanted

[quote user="Vanwink"]That''s a reasonable argument Cornish, but we do see Forster in CL games! If the general view however, as you suggest, is that he is playing against lower quality teams on a regular basis, I have to agree. You must then question why he is in the squad at all?[/quote]

We see Forster in maybe 4 matches per season against top quality oppostion, and in those games he''s busier than a stripper at a bunga bunga party. The main sign of the top top keepers is not just being able to make the outstanding saves, but, being able to make those saves after long periods of doing nothing, for example Joe Hart''s save last night (shortly before the goal), he''d not had a save to make for 30+ minutes and then pulled one out of the top drawer. I know that this kind of undermines the arguement for not putting Ruddy in as he''s not exactly had a solid defence in front of him this season, but it is the kind of thing that you wouldn''t be able to tell from Forster''s matches, especially considering some of the people who do watch him in the drossish Premiership say that he does regularly make mistakes against the likes of Caley Thistle because he hasn''t had anything to do for most of the match then fluffs his only call to action.

If your questioning on why he is in the squad is about Ruddy, the friendlies aren''t really that much about the actual match, they are as much about getting the team to spend time together, work together and get to know each other, it''s the same reason as youth players go on pre-season tours. It''s all about getting used to the people you may be playing alongside and getting to know them and the environment so that if you are called upon then you won''t be overawed by it all, the fact you have a mtach at the end of it to try out the things that you''ve been practising is a bonus...

[quote user="i am spartacus"]i think ruddy is best off out of it this summers world cup is going to be an all time low [/quote]I''ll be surprised if you''re not proven correct.Likely pots

1 Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Switzerland,

Uruguay.

2 Holland, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Bosnia, Croatia, Russia.

3 France, Chile, Ecuador, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Algeria,

Ghana.

4 Japan, Australia, Iran, S Korea, Costa Rica, United States, Mexico,

Honduras.Dropping out the seeded spots in the FIFA rankings is likely to hurt England for years to come.