Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

The ref should be sacked....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]You are the most consistent poster of rubbish in this forum[/quote]thanks Iron_stanso lets take a draw when the win is staring us in the face... Not one fan on this board would have been saying that wasn''t a goal if we had won.[/quote]

thats not meits far to politei would just outright call you a plank [;)]

Had man utd or chelsea scored that the goal, I wonder if the ref would have trotted to half way and awaited the restart?

Blame the ref, blame Ferguson, blame the Glaziers, blame Abramovich, blame Scudamore, blame whoever you like, but the bottom line is yet again under Hughton we have failed to beat a team who we should be taking three points from.

We now have no points to look forward to in the next two games and we slip further into the bottom three, no doubt.

In the meantime Chrissy boy will be talking about our improving form and no doubt talking up the forthcoming opposition. We are going down under this fool and he is way out of his depth and has been for over a year now.

A couple of results at the end of last season when the opposition didn''t give a cr@p is not enough to cling onto anymore.

I agree that you wouldn''t want to win a game in this manner.

But the question is has the ref disallowed a goal because he considers it un-sporting? If there is no infringement of the laws then he cannot disallow the goal. The kicking the ball out/giving it back is not a law of the game

Morally he done it right, but as per the laws he hasn''t and that is his job to apply the laws of the game.

So the goal probably should have stood and you would have hoped we would have let Cardiff walk a goal in after, that is the only way it should have been handled

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Get over it.

I would rather of lost legitametly than won by cheating. I really do mean that by the way.[/quote]in order to win by cheating you have to break the rules.. which we didn''t....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Why?

Hughton said to Mackay during the incident he would let Cardiff go down the end and score if the goal stood.

So, NO, we did not lose 2 points today because of the referee.[/quote]where did he say this? because in the interview on the front page it doesn''t allude to this at all

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Why?

Hughton said to Mackay during the incident he would let Cardiff go down the end and score if the goal stood.

So, NO, we did not lose 2 points today because of the referee.[/quote]in the post match interview he suggested that it perhaps should have stood given that the ref was claiming he didnt blow his whistle to restart the game, which they dont have to do for a throw ineither way, it didnt count, and would have a been a really cr@p unsporting way to win

Fer has come out and said he meant it...I''d say that means he has a winners spirit... he wanted best for the team and thought he had done it...others will say a cheat

[quote user="The New Boy (Le Juge). The ref did the right thing. 
It would have been a disgraceful way to win a game, and would result in every other team in the league being willing to do the same to us (if indeed it doesn''t anyway). 
I''m 100% glad that he disallowed it. 
Even Fer looked glad that he did, after realising that it went down like a lead balloon even with the home crowd.  quote]

Judging from Fer''s post match comments he wasn''t at all sorry, and good on him. We need players with his attitude.

It was a goal. It should have stood and the ref should be sacked. Those who say they''d rather be in the championship than win like that, go and support our neighbours down the road because that''s where they are. £60 million and the survival of our club! There was nothing wrong with what Leroy did and the ref bottled it....... again.

i thought fifa wanted us to stop all this putting the ball out of play lark and it was up to the ref ? if that is the case all is fair in love and war, as i said before cardiff put the ball out to waste time they didn''t give a fu(k about tettey... leave it for the ref to decide if pay needs to be stopped not opposition players who are trying to gain an advantage...

No surprise at all that Fer meant it. Knew where the goal was and knew Marshall had left it wide open.

Goal should have stood.

Hehehe its always the Dutch isnt it !!Still remember Marc Overmars being unfamiliar with the "rules" in regards to throw ins in England in the late 90''s !Tbh, couldnt give a monkeys !! Ricky threw it, Fer passed it, Marshall out of position.Tough titty, 1-0

It''s a goal. Fer intended to score - right mentality. It''s 3 points and means a heck of a lot. Come May, what then? It could matter that much.

Officials do not blow for throw ins. When did that start?

What ever next? A Wiz xenophobic lash out a Fer now, like Elmander for sportsmanship????? I can see that coming.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

If the ref had allowed the goal, we would have allowed Cardiff to equalise unopposed.

[/quote]for certain?what about When Mark Overmars did it for Arsenal? I can remember Blackburn doing it to.

---jas the barclay king: for certain?

Cardiff manager Mackay said it was ''poor gamesmanship'' from Fer, following an injury to teammate Alex Tettey, and claimed opposing boss Chris Hughton immediately told him that if the goal stood his players would allow the visitors to score.

It would have been naughty and I agree that the "spirit" of the game dictates that it shouldn''t count.

However........

A reasonable point of debate is why Leroy knocking that in has been met by all round derision and agreement in nearly all quarters that had the goal stood, that we would have allowed an equaliser? Had Leroy gone down under a nothing challenge and "bought" a penalty that was duly converted, there''d be nobody on here advocating that we allowed Cardiff to equalise that.

Strange, the "spirit" stands against "poor sportsmanship" but disappears in the face of blatant cheating.

Now, however you dress it up, that just isn''t right. The ref made the right call on the day, the wrong one by the letter of the law.

Am I the only one that would have found it a TINY bit funny had the ref allowed it..?

I''d have reprimanded myself and been outraged shortly after..