Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City Pre - Match Thread

Mark LawrensonFinally, Gareth Bale has left Tottenham

and they can get on with their season in earnest.
It''s a Tottenham team who have tiptoed through the season so far.

They''ve made a lot of changes to the team and are finding their way.

They have only conceded one goal in three games, which gives them a base

to work from and they will get betterNorwich made a host of chances at White Hart Lane last season when they were unlucky not to go home with all three points. They

are developing into a Premier League team, but you wouldn''t back them to

go and win at a top-six side away from home just yet.They have signed a lot of players over the summer as well and look stronger - but so does everybody else.

Spurs 2 Norwich 0

If some are worried about Garrido getting overloaded if Redmond plays, the simple option is to play the quicker, stronger and IOM better left back in Ollsson.

This would seriously give the rightside of Spurs something to think about! They would be dealing with not just one, but two very quick wide men. Being caught on the break would be a high risk and one they are not used to?

If we still look vulnerable with Redmond, then Pilks can come on to replace him or Garrido comes on with Ollsson pushing up.

The counter attacking threat that Ollsson and Redmond give is too good to pass up and in their own way act as a deterent to Spurs pushing on too much!

Just a thought?

Snake

Agree with this

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Ollsson

Snodgrass Fer Johnson Redmond

Elmander

RVW

Subs to be used tactically if no injuries

Pilks for Snod or Redmond 60 mins if no joy

Hooper for Elmander 60 mins if tiring

Wes as above if not linking play

Just a bit of fun with the subs as I think we all know that the game will dictate the changes thank you...

Found this on the ITV website about Spurs, elsewhere I found a comment that Lamela has just flown back from the Argentina game vs Paraguay :

New signings Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela look set to make their first starts for Tottenham in Saturday''s home game against Norwich.

Midfielders Etienne Capoue (ankle) and Aaron Lennon (foot) are out and Vlad Chiriches is also unavailable as Spurs are still to get a work permit for the Romanian defender.

Forward Gylfi Sigurdsson (leg) is a minor doubt and striker Emmanuel Adebayor will not feature as he has been given permission to remain on leave in Togo until Monday for personal reasons.

Provisional squad: Lloris, Friedel, Gomes, Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Fryers, Rose, Sandro, Dembele, Eriksen, Paulinho, Holtby, Townsend, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Lamela, Soldado, Defoe, Kane.

I would be suprised if he didnt start Tettey, Johnson and Fer in the middle to match the equally strong trio of Capoue, Paulinho and Sandro.My Team:                            RuddyWhittaker     Turner     Bassong     Garrido                           Tettey      JohnsonSnodgrass              Fer                 Redmond                        WolfswinkelI was thinking that he may have played Olsson on the left of midfield but after Walker got given the run around against Ukraine i think Redmond can give him an equally torid time.My Prediction:0-0 Draw

wow. some of you lot are optimistic. we will sit deeper than amanda holdens yo yo smuggler and struggle to cling on for a drawnot optimistic 4-0 nil spurs

ruddysnodgrass whittaker turner bassong garrido redmond                      fer     howson     johnson

wolfie

My money is on;

Ruddy

Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido

Snodgrass, Johnson, Fer, Redmond

Elmander 

van Wolfswinkel

Same as Southampton, one or two changes to the bench.

Not sure this is the team I would select, no change that, this is definitely not the team I would select, but if I said to Mr Hughton, "If I were you I would select ....."  His answer quite rightly would be; "Excuse me, but if you were me you would pick exactly the same team as I have picked, what you actually mean is; if you (Mr Hughton) were me (Ray) you would select......."

Predicting a double in London in the next 24 hours, U21s tonight v Chelsea and 1st Team tomorrow at he Lane. Happy Days 

And of course he would be 100% correct.

----------------Ruddy------------------

Martin---Turner--Bassong--Garrido

------------Tettey--Fer----------------

Snodgrass----Howson----Redmond

---------------Wolswinkel--------------

Spurs 1-1 Norwich

I don''t know how you can leave out Johnson after his match against Southampton.    I have been one of his fiercest critics, but alongside Fer, he is ok - as long as he just sticks to what he''s best at - breaking up play and positioning and laying off simple balls.    Tettey has more pace but  when played alongside Johnson as at Hull, we looked bereft of ideas and capability.   Fer and Johnson would be favourites to be the cms.  With these two in front of a solid back four, I think that is our best set up.   You could pick any of the forward players in front of them, in practically any combination and I think we would be dangerous. 

For me though it would be -Redmond             Pilkington   (swapping wings sometimes, for variation)            Elmander               RVW

BJ is more consistant than tettey (though he did get an injury last season)

Tettey is much faster

Tettey has more energy on the pitch

BJ is good at tackling, Tettey is better at tackling

Tettey is better on the counter attack

Both are terrible at shooting and passing

I think Fer and Tettey would be a brilliiant pair together and would be something I would like to see.

Iwould say tettey actually can shoot pretty well.

I think today we will come up against a very organised, eager spurs team. It will be a real challenge, I do feel that we can hold our own a little more due to their start and international break.

We have genuine high quality players in fer and rvw, if the others around can lift then it can be a good performance, we have options as discussed here.

I think we can cause problems and I do think we need to get much more support up the field, this has been our problem... isolation upfront.

I think Olsson will get some chances and it could be today at some point, but key for me is the support to rvw. Without that we will have a tough day.

I feel we should score today. We will likely concede a penalty and a super strike goal.Realistically 2-1 to Spurs.My heart suggests a Norwich win 3-2.Lady luck may be kind to us in which case a 1-1 draw is probable or maybe 2-2.A heavy defeat will sow the seeds of change.

I think Hooper could well come on as sub for Elmander, who has had two tough games for Sweden, especially if city are chasing the game. If not, it may be Tettey or Howson instead.

team i would like to see providing everyone was fit/firing on all cylinders                       ruddywhittaker r.bennet bassong olsson                  fer    johnsonredmond                           pilks or snoddy                      wolfie                     hooper

Swap Bennett for Turner and I like the look of that, though as others have said I think it will be the same team as Southampton.

i think turner is over rated, i also think ryan bennett will get better the more he plays, hes also not afraid to stick his face in front of  the ball when needed which is a rare quality in footballers these days

i dont believe theres a huge amount of difference between them right now, turner has probably peaked in terms of ability where as bennett will just get better with game time

id also like to see redmond skinning left back on the right wing instead of cutting inside from the left wing all the time but thats probably about as likely as ashley cole being hetro